2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

AR Trigger problems

829 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Marshman 
#1 ·
Spent a few days at the ranch this week with friends and family, shot LOTS of animals and had lots of fun. One afternoon, we were shooting at the range and one of my freinds got scope bit 4 times, shooting prone with a .270. So I got my .223 AR for him, heavy barrel etc, and as I had just shot a bunch of steel at 400 yards, I knew it was on! He gets down on it and after getting comfy, I keep waiting and waiting for the first round to go out. He finally says "Hey Mikee, this thing won't go" I look and the safety is still on. I get it off, and he trys again, no go. I said BS, let me show you, I can't get it to go off either, UNTIL I push the trigger forward, then I get an AD downrange. Same thing, twice more.

Get the gun cleared and on the picnic bench behind the line, open it up. No, something didn't look right here. Decided to wait until we had better tools and conditions to take apart.

Well yesterday, I figured it out after disassembly. Ole Dan done pulled so hard on the trigger against the safety, he broke the trigger literally. I am thinking, after getting scope bit 4 times, he might have been a bit tense, that's why I switched him, but GEEZ!

Now I hafta wait for a new trigger, who knows how long that takes these days. Ordered it yesterday, no idea of delivery.

MM

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
It's already a JP, a bit more rugged than the Timney or the Gisselle. Keeping the single stage means less to break or adjust. I shoot a lot of rounds and HATE it when things break!

MM

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.