Closest Ethanol Free Gas Pumps to Houston? - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:

Go Back   2CoolFishing > TTMB

Notices

Old 08-23-2008, 02:28 PM
Wishin I was Fishin

johnny astro has been promoted to Piratejohnny astro has been promoted to Piratejohnny astro has been promoted to Piratejohnny astro has been promoted to Piratejohnny astro has been promoted to Piratejohnny astro has been promoted to Piratejohnny astro has been promoted to Piratejohnny astro has been promoted to Piratejohnny astro has been promoted to Piratejohnny astro has been promoted to Piratejohnny astro has been promoted to Pirate
Closest Ethanol Free Gas Pumps to Houston?

Ok...I've had it with ethanol related repairs on my older boat/outboard. gaskets, fuel lines, sending unit, clogged carbs due internal fuel line deterioration, water in the tank, etc. Where's the closest place outside of Houston to purchase non ethanol doped gasoline? From whst I understand Harris and surrounding counties have to sell ethanol gas. I'm on the west side of Houston and am willing to drive a fair distance to fill up my tank....any help guys/gals? A website that listed that information would be a great resource for fellow boaters. Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-23-2008, 02:51 PM
Registered Users-pm+

surfgrinder has been promoted to Piratesurfgrinder has been promoted to Piratesurfgrinder has been promoted to Piratesurfgrinder has been promoted to Piratesurfgrinder has been promoted to Piratesurfgrinder has been promoted to Piratesurfgrinder has been promoted to Piratesurfgrinder has been promoted to Piratesurfgrinder has been promoted to Piratesurfgrinder has been promoted to Piratesurfgrinder has been promoted to Pirate
i usually get mine in Wharton. Drained all my tanks and carbs and the difference is unbelievable
Old 08-23-2008, 03:08 PM
Registered Users-pm+

wave hopper has been promoted to the rank of Gunnerwave hopper has been promoted to the rank of Gunnerwave hopper has been promoted to the rank of Gunnerwave hopper has been promoted to the rank of Gunnerwave hopper has been promoted to the rank of Gunnerwave hopper has been promoted to the rank of Gunnerwave hopper has been promoted to the rank of Gunnerwave hopper has been promoted to the rank of Gunnerwave hopper has been promoted to the rank of Gunnerwave hopper has been promoted to the rank of Gunnerwave hopper has been promoted to the rank of Gunner
i think hempstead or chapel hill
Old 08-23-2008, 03:37 PM
Registered Users-pm+

coastalgriff has been promoted to the rank of Swabbiecoastalgriff has been promoted to the rank of Swabbiecoastalgriff has been promoted to the rank of Swabbiecoastalgriff has been promoted to the rank of Swabbiecoastalgriff has been promoted to the rank of Swabbiecoastalgriff has been promoted to the rank of Swabbiecoastalgriff has been promoted to the rank of Swabbiecoastalgriff has been promoted to the rank of Swabbiecoastalgriff has been promoted to the rank of Swabbiecoastalgriff has been promoted to the rank of Swabbiecoastalgriff has been promoted to the rank of Swabbie
Be careful where you buy your gas in wharton. Four times now I've had to drain the gas tank and clean the carb of my 4wheeler because there was so much water in the gas. Once I had 3" of water after filling it up. Offenders: HEB, Walmart, Valero. Never a problem when I fill up the station off the first Wharton exit or the Chevron half way through town. Buccees in El Campo is the worst offender though.
Old 08-23-2008, 03:40 PM
Registered Users-pm+

redfish bayrat has been promoted to Pirateredfish bayrat has been promoted to Pirateredfish bayrat has been promoted to Pirateredfish bayrat has been promoted to Pirateredfish bayrat has been promoted to Pirateredfish bayrat has been promoted to Pirateredfish bayrat has been promoted to Pirateredfish bayrat has been promoted to Pirateredfish bayrat has been promoted to Pirateredfish bayrat has been promoted to Pirateredfish bayrat has been promoted to Pirate
If your on the west side, you may want to look at Brookshire. Not sure though. Closest I get to Houston now is Columbus and I haven't been there in quite a while.
Old 08-24-2008, 12:52 AM
Recovering Workaholic

Ox Eye has been promoted to PirateOx Eye has been promoted to PirateOx Eye has been promoted to PirateOx Eye has been promoted to PirateOx Eye has been promoted to PirateOx Eye has been promoted to PirateOx Eye has been promoted to PirateOx Eye has been promoted to PirateOx Eye has been promoted to PirateOx Eye has been promoted to PirateOx Eye has been promoted to Pirate
My bayboat is a little over a year old and I made that decision a week ago for pretty much the same reasons. I drove to San Jacinto County to get my ethanol-free gas because I was in Porter on business. I just drove on out 59, just past Cleveland.

For you, I would imagine Wharton, Calorado, Austin or Washington Counties would be where you would need to go. I am unaware of any website information, but, as I understand it, any county one-over from Harris county and the counties surrounding it are ethanol-free.
Old 08-24-2008, 09:27 AM
Registered Users-pm+

Red3Fish has disabled reputation
Sealy for me!

I checked the pumps at two different stations at Sealy the other day, and they didn't have the ethenol sticker on the pumps. Roughly 25 miles west of Katy on I-10. That is my new outboard refueling spot!

PS..someone said Hempstead or Chap Hill...sorry, pretty sure they are in Waller County...has to have ethenol!! Will check map but pretty sure Brookshire is in Waller County also...same story.

PPS....Roger my last....Hemp, Chap Hill, Brookshire all in Waller County...has ethenol!

Later
R3F

Last edited by Red3Fish; 08-24-2008 at 09:34 AM.
Old 08-24-2008, 09:33 AM
Registered Users-pm+

Baystlth1 has been promoted to the rank of SwabbieBaystlth1 has been promoted to the rank of SwabbieBaystlth1 has been promoted to the rank of SwabbieBaystlth1 has been promoted to the rank of SwabbieBaystlth1 has been promoted to the rank of SwabbieBaystlth1 has been promoted to the rank of SwabbieBaystlth1 has been promoted to the rank of SwabbieBaystlth1 has been promoted to the rank of SwabbieBaystlth1 has been promoted to the rank of SwabbieBaystlth1 has been promoted to the rank of SwabbieBaystlth1 has been promoted to the rank of Swabbie
What about the town of Liberty or Winnie?
I could change my route to the fishing hole to buy gas there.
Old 08-24-2008, 09:41 AM
Registered Users-pm+

Red3Fish has disabled reputation
FYI

If you want to know about a certain area, pull up mapquest...it has the county lines marked on it. Harris county and any county surrounding it has to have ethenol...have to be a county "away" from it. Also someone said all Walmarts everywhere has it.

Later
R3F
Old 08-24-2008, 10:37 AM
Standing on a Whale fishing for Minnows

Captain Dave has been promoted to PirateCaptain Dave has been promoted to PirateCaptain Dave has been promoted to PirateCaptain Dave has been promoted to PirateCaptain Dave has been promoted to PirateCaptain Dave has been promoted to PirateCaptain Dave has been promoted to PirateCaptain Dave has been promoted to PirateCaptain Dave has been promoted to PirateCaptain Dave has been promoted to PirateCaptain Dave has been promoted to Pirate
Try the marinas that you fish out of.. EP is ethonal free.