26' South Shore vs. 24' El Pescador vs. 24' Shallow Sport Mod v - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:

Go Back   2CoolFishing > General Interest Forums > Boating Forum

Old 08-11-2008, 10:51 AM   #1
Redman
Registered Users-pm+

Redman is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)Redman is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
26' South Shore vs. 24' El Pescador vs. 24' Shallow Sport Mod v

Ok guys, I need thoughts and opinions here. I have narrowed down my choices to these three boats and I am curious on your thoughts. All three seem to be good choices, but I want to know your thoughts. I believe all three can run in 8" of water and get up in probably 15" - 18" from what I have read, and they all seem to be dry running boats. I need more fishing room for the family, so that is why I am looking at these bigger hulls. All thoughts and opinions are appreciated!
Redman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-11-2008, 10:54 AM   #2
boat_money
Registered Users-pm+

boat_money has been promoted to Pirateboat_money has been promoted to Pirateboat_money has been promoted to Pirateboat_money has been promoted to Pirateboat_money has been promoted to Pirateboat_money has been promoted to Pirateboat_money has been promoted to Pirateboat_money has been promoted to Pirateboat_money has been promoted to Pirateboat_money has been promoted to Pirateboat_money has been promoted to Pirate
if truly for the family, i'd look at seating comfort. i love my el pescador, just don't get to use it much anymore. if interested, pm me. mine has all the extras.
boat_money is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-11-2008, 11:43 AM   #3
FLATSDADDY
Registered Users-pm+

FLATSDADDY has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerFLATSDADDY has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerFLATSDADDY has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerFLATSDADDY has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerFLATSDADDY has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerFLATSDADDY has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerFLATSDADDY has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerFLATSDADDY has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerFLATSDADDY has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerFLATSDADDY has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerFLATSDADDY has been promoted to the rank of Privateer
All good choices.
I would personally be more inclined towards the Shallowsport. I have been on one and they are all that they are quacked up to be. If it is windy and choppy, expect a bit of a wet ride as given the right wind and chop, even a bluewater boat will soak you.

I fish out of a Shoalwater 21cat. That I have been happy with. Mine is heavier than the shallowsport, but that is just additional inertia and the associated stability. In my opinion is a plus, as I am not one to race anyone to fishing spots, so the added weight does not compromise or rob me of any more speed from the boat.

Go to the areas you intend to use it and see how many similar boats are there. Look at how they handle the shallows where you want to fish, how they handle the rougher parts of getting there and back. Look at how they plane, how they hit the water and deal with chop, wakes, etc. How quietly do the hulls drift, the storage, seating, etc.
Ride them all if you can, then talk to the guides using them, dealers, and manufacturers about their construction, warranties, service, etc.

And do not forget the ever helpful folks on this site.

Good luck.
FLATSDADDY is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-11-2008, 11:59 AM   #4
BIG PAPPA
Tripped Outtings

BIG PAPPA has been promoted to PirateBIG PAPPA has been promoted to PirateBIG PAPPA has been promoted to PirateBIG PAPPA has been promoted to PirateBIG PAPPA has been promoted to PirateBIG PAPPA has been promoted to PirateBIG PAPPA has been promoted to PirateBIG PAPPA has been promoted to PirateBIG PAPPA has been promoted to PirateBIG PAPPA has been promoted to PirateBIG PAPPA has been promoted to Pirate
TOP BRASS FOR SURE

Being you have chosen the top Brass of all three worlds, Smooth/Skinny/Dry, i guess you know you've picked three of the most versatile rigs out there. At this point, other than riding in them, i think i'd look at warranty & service as a deciding factor(after the rides). I think if you have plans on venturing offshore from time to time, when it's flat enough, South Shore and Pescadore would be the top two only because i think they'll handle the blue somewhat better. Good luck and i wished it was me looking at a new rig right now. I'm jealous.
BIG PAPPA is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-11-2008, 12:09 PM   #5
100% Texan
Registered Users-pm+

100% Texan has been promoted to Pirate100% Texan has been promoted to Pirate100% Texan has been promoted to Pirate100% Texan has been promoted to Pirate100% Texan has been promoted to Pirate100% Texan has been promoted to Pirate100% Texan has been promoted to Pirate100% Texan has been promoted to Pirate100% Texan has been promoted to Pirate100% Texan has been promoted to Pirate100% Texan has been promoted to Pirate
Ask captain Scott Reeh he has owned to of them boats and knows south shore boats very good he would be a good person to pm
100% Texan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-11-2008, 07:52 PM   #6
Redman
Registered Users-pm+

Redman is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)Redman is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
ttt

3 Boats and only 4 opinions. That is a first for the board?
Redman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-12-2008, 11:09 AM   #7
Capt Scott Reeh
Banned

Capt Scott Reeh has been promoted to PirateCapt Scott Reeh has been promoted to PirateCapt Scott Reeh has been promoted to PirateCapt Scott Reeh has been promoted to PirateCapt Scott Reeh has been promoted to PirateCapt Scott Reeh has been promoted to PirateCapt Scott Reeh has been promoted to PirateCapt Scott Reeh has been promoted to PirateCapt Scott Reeh has been promoted to PirateCapt Scott Reeh has been promoted to PirateCapt Scott Reeh has been promoted to Pirate
As everyone knows, I'm a Southshore boat owner and advocate. From my personal experiance, the 26 SS has a drier ride,wider beam, more storage and doesn't " dart " like the Pescador does.And yes....I have fished off of a 24 Pescador more than a few times.
I have not been on a 24 V Shallowsport, so I can't comment on them.All 3 boats mentioned are very well built top of the line custom Texas built boats.If you have any questions regarding the SS 26 Pro Tunnell, you can PM me. FYI...Cliff @ Southshore also has a 24VDR Tunnell that is one awesome machine as well.
Capt Scott Reeh is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-12-2008, 11:48 PM   #8
Flat's Hunter
The POC Experience

Flat's Hunter has been promoted to PirateFlat's Hunter has been promoted to PirateFlat's Hunter has been promoted to PirateFlat's Hunter has been promoted to PirateFlat's Hunter has been promoted to PirateFlat's Hunter has been promoted to PirateFlat's Hunter has been promoted to PirateFlat's Hunter has been promoted to PirateFlat's Hunter has been promoted to PirateFlat's Hunter has been promoted to PirateFlat's Hunter has been promoted to Pirate
I just read in the Aug Texas saltwater fishing mag that Capt Gary Gray is getting a new 23'cat from shoalwater this month. might be worth looking into from the sounds of your wants.
Flat's Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-13-2008, 09:29 AM   #9
raz1056
Sea Ya

raz1056 has been promoted to Pirateraz1056 has been promoted to Pirateraz1056 has been promoted to Pirateraz1056 has been promoted to Pirateraz1056 has been promoted to Pirateraz1056 has been promoted to Pirateraz1056 has been promoted to Pirateraz1056 has been promoted to Pirateraz1056 has been promoted to Pirateraz1056 has been promoted to Pirateraz1056 has been promoted to Pirate
My choice would be the El Pescador, because they seem to do well with a 150, where you might want a little more HP with the other choices.
raz1056 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-13-2008, 10:11 AM   #10
Capt. Juarez
Team Coastline Marine

Capt. Juarez has been promoted to PirateCapt. Juarez has been promoted to PirateCapt. Juarez has been promoted to PirateCapt. Juarez has been promoted to PirateCapt. Juarez has been promoted to PirateCapt. Juarez has been promoted to PirateCapt. Juarez has been promoted to PirateCapt. Juarez has been promoted to PirateCapt. Juarez has been promoted to PirateCapt. Juarez has been promoted to PirateCapt. Juarez has been promoted to Pirate
24 V Shallowsport

I have spent endless hours in the 24V from tournaments to guiding. This boat has it all, plenty of room, dry ride, super shallow for a 24' boat, and comfortable. I have personally gotten this boat up in less than a foot of water I would say around the 8-10" range in mud on sand you will need a little more but not much. Handles open water and heavy chop with ease. PM for any questions you might have what HP, trolling motor, etc..... The tournament boat that my partner and I are running right now is for sale. It has everything you can possibily put on a boat, powerpole, VHF, stero, trim tabs, trolling motor, casting deck, 02 system, raised walkin console, deluxe Tops and Towers leaning post, GPS, and jackplate. If you are interested in it give my partner a call 713-614-2058 Chad Starr at Coastline Marine.
Capt. Juarez is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message