Anyone running a Hewes Redfisher ? - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:

Go Back   2CoolFishing > General Interest Forums > Boating Forum

Old 07-07-2008, 11:21 PM
Registered Users-pm+

hd2001glide is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)hd2001glide is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)hd2001glide is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)hd2001glide is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
Anyone running a Hewes Redfisher ?

I have been thinking about picking up a Hewes Redfisher 18 or 21 and wanted to see if anyone was running them locally around Houston/Galveston?

Would appreciate your opinions on the Hewes Redfisher for our local waters. Thanks for your replies.
Old 07-07-2008, 11:36 PM

scb factory has been promoted to Piratescb factory has been promoted to Piratescb factory has been promoted to Piratescb factory has been promoted to Piratescb factory has been promoted to Piratescb factory has been promoted to Piratescb factory has been promoted to Piratescb factory has been promoted to Piratescb factory has been promoted to Piratescb factory has been promoted to Piratescb factory has been promoted to Pirate
Call Jay Watkins in Rockport. He guided from a 21' Hewes a few years ago.
Old 07-08-2008, 09:01 AM
Registered Users-pm+

o_brother has been promoted to the rank of Riggero_brother has been promoted to the rank of Riggero_brother has been promoted to the rank of Riggero_brother has been promoted to the rank of Riggero_brother has been promoted to the rank of Riggero_brother has been promoted to the rank of Riggero_brother has been promoted to the rank of Riggero_brother has been promoted to the rank of Riggero_brother has been promoted to the rank of Riggero_brother has been promoted to the rank of Riggero_brother has been promoted to the rank of Rigger
2005 Redfisher 18, 150 Yamaha V-Max with 130 hrs , Jack Plate, Trim Tabs, Stiffy Push Pole, Poling Tower, Power Pole with remote, 80# Great White TM, VHF radio, On board charger, Lowrance LCX-25C Graph/GPS, 22 Pitch Custom 4-blade "Chopper" Prop, Fitted Boat cover, AmeraTrail aluminum trailer. Runs 54 mph with me and gear.

$24,000

Cell# 361-290-1411

[/img]
Old 07-08-2008, 09:02 AM
Registered Users-pm+

o_brother has been promoted to the rank of Riggero_brother has been promoted to the rank of Riggero_brother has been promoted to the rank of Riggero_brother has been promoted to the rank of Riggero_brother has been promoted to the rank of Riggero_brother has been promoted to the rank of Riggero_brother has been promoted to the rank of Riggero_brother has been promoted to the rank of Riggero_brother has been promoted to the rank of Riggero_brother has been promoted to the rank of Riggero_brother has been promoted to the rank of Rigger
This isn't mine but thought you might be interested in it... I think the guy is in the Sinton area outside of Corpus...He said he put it on Craigs list for 22,000 now..
Old 07-08-2008, 10:54 PM
Registered Users-pm+

Im Headed South has been promoted to PirateIm Headed South has been promoted to PirateIm Headed South has been promoted to PirateIm Headed South has been promoted to PirateIm Headed South has been promoted to PirateIm Headed South has been promoted to PirateIm Headed South has been promoted to PirateIm Headed South has been promoted to PirateIm Headed South has been promoted to PirateIm Headed South has been promoted to PirateIm Headed South has been promoted to Pirate
I think Jay's old boat is still for sale at Ronnies. 21' with a 250 yam.

Mike
Old 07-08-2008, 11:47 PM
Registered Users-pm+

orange is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)orange is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)orange is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)orange is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)orange is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)orange is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)orange is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)orange is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)orange is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)orange is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)orange is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
I'll sell you mine....

http://picasaweb.google.com/dave.har...ey=8xlTMRQXfTI

I've got a 1997 Hewes 19foot Redfisher Tunnel Hull.

It's a great boat that can do the surf or flats. The tunnell get;s you up quickly and I've pulled a few boats off of sandbars.

The engine is strong, but needs the tilt/trim worked on.

The trailer also needs replacing.

I've got too many kids, and my fishing time is being cut down with weekend sports also.

Orange
Old 07-10-2008, 12:04 AM
Registered Users-pm+

hd2001glide is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)hd2001glide is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)hd2001glide is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)hd2001glide is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
I was hoping to find someone that is running a Redfisher in local waters around Houston that could tell me if they would recommend the boat for use around our bays?
Old 07-10-2008, 10:14 AM
Registered Users-pm+

Rick Kersey has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerRick Kersey has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerRick Kersey has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerRick Kersey has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerRick Kersey has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerRick Kersey has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerRick Kersey has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerRick Kersey has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerRick Kersey has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerRick Kersey has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerRick Kersey has been promoted to the rank of Privateer
I have been running a 21 Maverick in Galveston Bay for the past 9 years.
The Maverick has 2"s more freeboard and 2"s more beam. The running surfaces are very similar. The Redfisher is usually about 4mph faster when operateing both boats with the same horsepower. The Maverick floats more shallow and rides a little better. If you have ever been out in a Pathfinder, I think you will find both of these skiff's ride as well or better. I think Maverick has the best ride of the three.

I would be happy to meet you at the Sylvan Beach Ramp some time to run the 21' Mav. I will have access to a new 21' Fusion in a few weeks. The Redfisher shares it's hull with a Pathfinder Fusion.

Here are some photos of my Mav. These were taken at the new Cruise Ship Terminal at Bayport on Galveston Bay.

Rick
Attached Images

Last edited by Rick Kersey; 07-10-2008 at 10:22 AM.
Old 07-10-2008, 10:20 AM
Registered Users-pm+

squidmotion has been promoted to the rank of Swabbiesquidmotion has been promoted to the rank of Swabbiesquidmotion has been promoted to the rank of Swabbiesquidmotion has been promoted to the rank of Swabbiesquidmotion has been promoted to the rank of Swabbiesquidmotion has been promoted to the rank of Swabbiesquidmotion has been promoted to the rank of Swabbiesquidmotion has been promoted to the rank of Swabbiesquidmotion has been promoted to the rank of Swabbiesquidmotion has been promoted to the rank of Swabbiesquidmotion has been promoted to the rank of Swabbie
rick's boat is a beauty!!!!

i also run a 19 tunnel and have a lot of fun. works great in shallow water, but if it is speed you want, it's not the one!! handles chop, but can get a get sketchy in rolling swells in the pass or galveston channel.

can't beat an m/h/p/c product, in my opinion.
Attached Images

Old 07-10-2008, 10:48 AM
Registered Users-pm+

Randy-z71 has been promoted to the rank of RiggerRandy-z71 has been promoted to the rank of RiggerRandy-z71 has been promoted to the rank of RiggerRandy-z71 has been promoted to the rank of RiggerRandy-z71 has been promoted to the rank of RiggerRandy-z71 has been promoted to the rank of RiggerRandy-z71 has been promoted to the rank of RiggerRandy-z71 has been promoted to the rank of RiggerRandy-z71 has been promoted to the rank of RiggerRandy-z71 has been promoted to the rank of RiggerRandy-z71 has been promoted to the rank of Rigger
my brother-law has a 21' we use it for duck hunting, the flats, offshore etc. he LOVES that boat, would nt trade for any other, Not a comfortable ride sitting on fiberglass, but a fishing machine.