Homemade Black Polling skiff. In search of photos. - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:

Go Back   2CoolFishing > General Interest Forums > Boating Forum

Old 07-07-2008, 03:22 PM
Registered Users-pm+

twitch-twitch-reel has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)twitch-twitch-reel has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)twitch-twitch-reel has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)twitch-twitch-reel has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)twitch-twitch-reel has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)twitch-twitch-reel has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)twitch-twitch-reel has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)twitch-twitch-reel has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)twitch-twitch-reel has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)twitch-twitch-reel has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)twitch-twitch-reel has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)
Homemade Black Polling skiff. In search of photos.

A while back ago, there was a black polling skiff posted on here. It was home made. I am looking for that thread. Is it still hear or, does anyone know who built it?
Old 07-07-2008, 03:29 PM
Borders, language, culture

Stuart has been promoted to PirateStuart has been promoted to PirateStuart has been promoted to PirateStuart has been promoted to PirateStuart has been promoted to PirateStuart has been promoted to PirateStuart has been promoted to PirateStuart has been promoted to PirateStuart has been promoted to PirateStuart has been promoted to PirateStuart has been promoted to Pirate
Has to be bslittle's.
Old 07-07-2008, 10:32 PM
Registered Users-pm+

Little Jimmy Cook has been promoted to the rank of Chief MateLittle Jimmy Cook has been promoted to the rank of Chief MateLittle Jimmy Cook has been promoted to the rank of Chief MateLittle Jimmy Cook has been promoted to the rank of Chief MateLittle Jimmy Cook has been promoted to the rank of Chief MateLittle Jimmy Cook has been promoted to the rank of Chief MateLittle Jimmy Cook has been promoted to the rank of Chief MateLittle Jimmy Cook has been promoted to the rank of Chief MateLittle Jimmy Cook has been promoted to the rank of Chief MateLittle Jimmy Cook has been promoted to the rank of Chief MateLittle Jimmy Cook has been promoted to the rank of Chief Mate
bslittle is correct

Quote:
Originally Posted by twitch-twitch-reel

A while back ago, there was a black polling skiff posted on here. It was home made. I am looking for that thread. Is it still hear or, does anyone know who built it?

http://2coolfishing.com/ttmbforum/sh...9&page=1&pp=10
Old 07-08-2008, 08:26 AM
NRA Life/Endowment Member 45yrs.

Oceola has been promoted to PirateOceola has been promoted to PirateOceola has been promoted to PirateOceola has been promoted to PirateOceola has been promoted to PirateOceola has been promoted to PirateOceola has been promoted to PirateOceola has been promoted to PirateOceola has been promoted to PirateOceola has been promoted to PirateOceola has been promoted to Pirate
Twitch,

Don't know about the black boat but here is a great 18' Tech. polling skiff you can build yourself. It's a stitch and glue boat...easy to build as the plans and tech. support are the best in the industry. You can buy just the plans, buy a precut marine plywood kit, and an epoxy/fiberglass kit, or any of the supplies individually.

http://www.bateau.com/studyplans/FS1....htm?prod=FS18

The support forum, www.bateau.com has all the help you could ever ask for and the "How to and Toutorials" will teach you everything you need to know about S&G building. Great boat designs, great service, great prices, and great people IMHO.

Frank

P.S. We don't call these boats homemade, we call them "Custom Built"...LOL

Last edited by Oceola; 07-08-2008 at 08:41 AM.
Old 07-08-2008, 09:23 AM
Registered Users-pm+

twitch-twitch-reel has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)twitch-twitch-reel has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)twitch-twitch-reel has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)twitch-twitch-reel has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)twitch-twitch-reel has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)twitch-twitch-reel has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)twitch-twitch-reel has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)twitch-twitch-reel has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)twitch-twitch-reel has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)twitch-twitch-reel has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)twitch-twitch-reel has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)
Yes, that is one of the oneís I was thinking about building. I have not picked an exact plan yet because, I want to make sure I look around really good before I go with one. Most of the ones I have seen are very narrow and, I was looking for something with a little more beam. I am guessing you can modify it how ever you want to. Thanks for the info!

Back some time ago, there was another boat that was floating around here that was a pickle fork design that you could order plans for. Anyone know where that website is? I havenít been able to find it either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oceola
Twitch,

Don't know about the black boat but here is a great 18' Tech. polling skiff you can build yourself. It's a stitch and glue boat...easy to build as the plans and tech. support are the best in the industry. You can buy just the plans, buy a precut marine plywood kit, and an epoxy/fiberglass kit, or any of the supplies individually.

http://www.bateau.com/studyplans/FS1....htm?prod=FS18

The support forum, www.bateau.com has all the help you could ever ask for and the "How to and Toutorials" will teach you everything you need to know about S&G building. Great boat designs, great service, great prices, and great people IMHO.

Frank

P.S. We don't call these boats homemade, we call them "Custom Built"...LOL
Old 07-08-2008, 09:53 AM

Oceola has been promoted to PirateOceola has been promoted to PirateOceola has been promoted to PirateOceola has been promoted to PirateOceola has been promoted to PirateOceola has been promoted to PirateOceola has been promoted to PirateOceola has been promoted to PirateOceola has been promoted to PirateOceola has been promoted to PirateOceola has been promoted to Pirate
Twitch,

http://www.bateau.com/products.php?cat=17

Check out the "Texas sled" it's a Hickman sea sled variation. Semi twin hull.

As for a "little wider" the "Phantom 15, 16, 18, and 22' are real shallow runners. This link only shows the PH 18 but the others are another page.

http://www.bateau.com/categories.php?cat=29

And here's a Blog of one of the FS-18 builds. Very good pics and info here.
http://www.wetconcepts.com/FS18.htm

Frank

Last edited by Oceola; 07-08-2008 at 10:01 AM.
Old 07-08-2008, 10:33 AM

And, some pics.
Top to bottom: the "Flats Skif" FS-18, the "Texas Sled" TX-18 (3), and the "Phantom" PH-18.
The beauty of these "homemade" composite (Fiberglass, marine ply or foam core, fiberglass sandwich) boats is cost, lightweight, requireing a lot less hp. waterproof epoxy resins, unlike "plastic" boat poly.
Attached Images

Last edited by Oceola; 07-08-2008 at 10:48 AM.
Old 07-08-2008, 10:37 AM
Banned

Clubfoot is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)Clubfoot is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)Clubfoot is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)Clubfoot is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)Clubfoot is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)Clubfoot is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)Clubfoot is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)Clubfoot is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)Clubfoot is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)Clubfoot is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
Work

shill
Old 07-08-2008, 10:40 AM
Husband First, Fisherman Second...

bslittle79 has been promoted to Piratebslittle79 has been promoted to Piratebslittle79 has been promoted to Piratebslittle79 has been promoted to Piratebslittle79 has been promoted to Piratebslittle79 has been promoted to Piratebslittle79 has been promoted to Piratebslittle79 has been promoted to Piratebslittle79 has been promoted to Piratebslittle79 has been promoted to Piratebslittle79 has been promoted to Pirate
Twitch,

Check out this fs-18 on this site(it might be on bateau's site also). I don't know the bottom width at the transom, but it looks really narrow.
http://www.inshore-fishing.com/forum...howtopic=18518

My black boat has a bottom width of 52" at the transom. After fishing it and some other smaller skiffs I wouldn't go less than 48" at the bottom of the transom(not beam) if you plan to have three people in the boat.

But I'd like to have a smaller narrow boat like the fs-18 at times.

Last edited by bslittle79; 07-08-2008 at 10:53 AM.
Old 07-08-2008, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clubfoot
shill
I have no connection with www.bateau.com and the www.bateau2.com forum except 4+ years seeing all kinds of boats being built, thousands of "help" questions being answered in a kind and helpfull way much like most of the folks here on 2Cool do. Unless you're joking you might want to take your Clubfoot out of your mouth.

Frank