TXU going out of business? - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:

Go Back   2CoolFishing > TTMB

Notices

Old 07-06-2008, 04:51 PM
Registered Users-pm+

Reel-tor has been promoted to PirateReel-tor has been promoted to PirateReel-tor has been promoted to PirateReel-tor has been promoted to PirateReel-tor has been promoted to PirateReel-tor has been promoted to PirateReel-tor has been promoted to PirateReel-tor has been promoted to PirateReel-tor has been promoted to PirateReel-tor has been promoted to PirateReel-tor has been promoted to Pirate
TXU going out of business?

Just out of curiousity I went to the Texas power to choose website to see what offers for my zipcode (77040) that were available. I've already signed up with TXU for a 12mo deal which just started but I was curious what the market was today.

Surprise! TXU doesn't offer any 12mo offers for my zipcode. OK, so I put in several other zipcodes around Houston, (Katy, Angleton) and NO TXU offers!

TXU does offer a month-to-month for my zip but that's it.

So, what's going on? Is TXU getting out of the business?

Has TXU figured out electric rates are going to explode (more than they already have!) and doesn't want to be tied up in contracts longer than one month? Is the system rigged (yeah, I know, it really is but)?

Reliant wasn't offering much either. Have the "bigs" in this corrupted system figured out how to game the system and will only offer month-to-month at constantly rising prices? And watch their "competitors" slowly drop off (as they are doing now--another one bit the dust last week!). Then we will have a monopolistic "competitive" market?

Or, could it be the “bigs” have locked up future electricity at lower rates and can now sell it to us at “current market” rates pocketing the difference? After all, de-reg REQUIRES electricity be priced by natural gas prices even if they burn road kill to generate power. So the system is ripe for abuse!

Time to scream at your state rep/senator. The legislature meets next year and it’s time to DE-STOY DE-REG!

Old 07-06-2008, 05:53 PM
Registered Users-pm+

SURF Buster has been promoted to PirateSURF Buster has been promoted to PirateSURF Buster has been promoted to PirateSURF Buster has been promoted to PirateSURF Buster has been promoted to PirateSURF Buster has been promoted to PirateSURF Buster has been promoted to PirateSURF Buster has been promoted to PirateSURF Buster has been promoted to PirateSURF Buster has been promoted to PirateSURF Buster has been promoted to Pirate
I AM THINKING OF CHANGING TO FIRST CHOICE. ANY REPORTS ON THEM?
Old 07-06-2008, 06:17 PM
Oh Vinny Boy!

Saddle Mountain Hillbilly has been promoted to the rank of Chief MateSaddle Mountain Hillbilly has been promoted to the rank of Chief MateSaddle Mountain Hillbilly has been promoted to the rank of Chief MateSaddle Mountain Hillbilly has been promoted to the rank of Chief MateSaddle Mountain Hillbilly has been promoted to the rank of Chief MateSaddle Mountain Hillbilly has been promoted to the rank of Chief MateSaddle Mountain Hillbilly has been promoted to the rank of Chief MateSaddle Mountain Hillbilly has been promoted to the rank of Chief MateSaddle Mountain Hillbilly has been promoted to the rank of Chief MateSaddle Mountain Hillbilly has been promoted to the rank of Chief MateSaddle Mountain Hillbilly has been promoted to the rank of Chief Mate
Tyr BBB.org for complaints. The BBB could care less if you get screwed though. They are all about member dues.