Fishmaster boats...Any Good??? - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:

Go Back   2CoolFishing > General Interest Forums > Boating Forum

Old 05-06-2008, 09:34 PM   #1
HSP506
Registered Users-pm+

HSP506 has been promoted to PirateHSP506 has been promoted to PirateHSP506 has been promoted to PirateHSP506 has been promoted to PirateHSP506 has been promoted to PirateHSP506 has been promoted to PirateHSP506 has been promoted to PirateHSP506 has been promoted to PirateHSP506 has been promoted to PirateHSP506 has been promoted to PirateHSP506 has been promoted to Pirate
Fishmaster boats...Any Good???

I have a buddy who is considering the purchase of a 19' CC Fishmaster Bay Boat and was wondering if anyone has any information on this brand of boat.

Please post good or bad information please.

thanks,

JR
HSP506 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-06-2008, 09:37 PM   #2
cormden
Registered Users-pm+

cormden is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
All I've heard is mostly negative about the fishmaster quality problems with the hull
cormden is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-06-2008, 09:40 PM   #3
fishnstringer
Banned

fishnstringer has been promoted to Piratefishnstringer has been promoted to Piratefishnstringer has been promoted to Piratefishnstringer has been promoted to Piratefishnstringer has been promoted to Piratefishnstringer has been promoted to Piratefishnstringer has been promoted to Piratefishnstringer has been promoted to Piratefishnstringer has been promoted to Piratefishnstringer has been promoted to Piratefishnstringer has been promoted to Pirate
Flag A good friend of mine and one of his close friends

both have Fishmasters, one a 22' and one a 24' and they are both very happy with those models. I've ridden in the 22' rig with a 200 Mercury on it and I was impressed by the overall handling of it. They have a lot of storage and ride well. Good luck on your purchase.
fishnstringer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-06-2008, 09:41 PM   #4
HSP506
Registered Users-pm+

HSP506 has been promoted to PirateHSP506 has been promoted to PirateHSP506 has been promoted to PirateHSP506 has been promoted to PirateHSP506 has been promoted to PirateHSP506 has been promoted to PirateHSP506 has been promoted to PirateHSP506 has been promoted to PirateHSP506 has been promoted to PirateHSP506 has been promoted to PirateHSP506 has been promoted to Pirate
Also who makes this boat? Is it made by Fishmaster or line under another major brand?

thanks

JR
HSP506 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-06-2008, 09:43 PM   #5
Slim-N-None
Fat boy fresh

Slim-N-None has been promoted to PirateSlim-N-None has been promoted to PirateSlim-N-None has been promoted to PirateSlim-N-None has been promoted to PirateSlim-N-None has been promoted to PirateSlim-N-None has been promoted to PirateSlim-N-None has been promoted to PirateSlim-N-None has been promoted to PirateSlim-N-None has been promoted to PirateSlim-N-None has been promoted to PirateSlim-N-None has been promoted to Pirate
my grandpa has a 2003 19' fishmaster cc, and for the money, it's not a bad boat. just keep in mind it's not a 30k+ boat that most people around here try to compare it to. I have fished from his 10-15 times and have no complaints other then the 140 4 stroke zuki doesn't run with a 150 2 stroke yamaha, but thats to be expected. there have been a few issues with outher things, but nothing major.
Slim-N-None is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-06-2008, 09:47 PM   #6
Gottagofishin
Roll Tide!

Gottagofishin has been promoted to PirateGottagofishin has been promoted to PirateGottagofishin has been promoted to PirateGottagofishin has been promoted to PirateGottagofishin has been promoted to PirateGottagofishin has been promoted to PirateGottagofishin has been promoted to PirateGottagofishin has been promoted to PirateGottagofishin has been promoted to PirateGottagofishin has been promoted to PirateGottagofishin has been promoted to Pirate
I just sold a 23' that was 8 years old. Didn't sell because of any problems, just time for a new boat. I never had a lick of problems with it mechanically or structurally. It wasn't the sexiest or fastest boat on the water, but did lot's of things quite well. It's about on the same level quality and performance wise as Blue Wave, BayStealth, and Kenner.

Most owners will tell you the same thing. Solid Boat. Nothing spectacular. Good weekend fishing boat. They do look good though.

The only people I have heard trash them are people with no actual experience with them.

They were made by Dynasty for Travis Boating Centers.

Last edited by Gottagofishin; 05-06-2008 at 09:53 PM.
Gottagofishin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-07-2008, 08:24 AM   #7
Shep
Registered Users-pm+

Shep has been promoted to the rank of RiggerShep has been promoted to the rank of RiggerShep has been promoted to the rank of RiggerShep has been promoted to the rank of RiggerShep has been promoted to the rank of RiggerShep has been promoted to the rank of RiggerShep has been promoted to the rank of RiggerShep has been promoted to the rank of RiggerShep has been promoted to the rank of RiggerShep has been promoted to the rank of RiggerShep has been promoted to the rank of Rigger
I have a 2002 21ft. Only complaint I've ever had was the lack of dry storage. There were several manufacturers of the Fishmaster. Fishmaster is not a brand rather than a "Special Boat" built for Travis Boating Centers. Godfrey/Polar made my particular model. I believe Kenner built them also. My boat came with a Suzy 150 but I upgraded a couple of years ago to a 225 Opti Pro XS. There are a lot of negative comments out there but mostly are with Travis Boating personnel and their service department, not the actual boats. I've taken my boat out 24 miles offshore and have ran over 150 miles in a given day. Very comfortable ride.... of course some people say that boats are "wet riding". Some conditions there is no way around it, others its just the driver.

Let me know if you have any other questions. Nothing like someone that says they know someone. I own one!!!!
Shep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-30-2010, 09:58 AM   #8
wheezer25
Registered Users-pm+

wheezer25 has been promoted to the rank of Privateerwheezer25 has been promoted to the rank of Privateerwheezer25 has been promoted to the rank of Privateerwheezer25 has been promoted to the rank of Privateerwheezer25 has been promoted to the rank of Privateerwheezer25 has been promoted to the rank of Privateerwheezer25 has been promoted to the rank of Privateerwheezer25 has been promoted to the rank of Privateerwheezer25 has been promoted to the rank of Privateerwheezer25 has been promoted to the rank of Privateerwheezer25 has been promoted to the rank of Privateer
fishmaster boats

Thses are realy good boats, the only draw back is that they are not manufactor anymore so if you have anything to go wrong or breaks it next to impossible to get anyone to work one or to find parts for them, belive me I know,I have 2003 22'5" fisahmaster bay boat. I just wish I had done more reasearch on fishmaster before I bought it .
wheezer25 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-30-2010, 10:47 AM   #9
pmgoffjr
Registered Users-pm+

pmgoffjr has been promoted to Piratepmgoffjr has been promoted to Piratepmgoffjr has been promoted to Piratepmgoffjr has been promoted to Piratepmgoffjr has been promoted to Piratepmgoffjr has been promoted to Piratepmgoffjr has been promoted to Piratepmgoffjr has been promoted to Piratepmgoffjr has been promoted to Piratepmgoffjr has been promoted to Piratepmgoffjr has been promoted to Pirate
Travis and fishmaster...sad tale of deceit and marketing.

There have been four manufacturers of "Fishmaster" hulls, you can look at the HID number to determine who built them, Cajun, Polar, Sprint and Kenner. The Kenner (last of the years since Tracker bought Travis) was the best, the sprints and cajuns were the worst.

Sold as "saltwater" boats, they had NOTHING saltwater about them, bare wood decks, un protected wiring, plywood stringers, cheap as possible built with no hope for redemption.

You can do a thirty minute walk around a sprint fishmaster and have a complete lecture on exactly how NOT to build a hull.
pmgoffjr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-30-2010, 01:30 PM   #10
waterspout
Capt of the spyglass Potlicker club!

waterspout has been promoted to Piratewaterspout has been promoted to Piratewaterspout has been promoted to Piratewaterspout has been promoted to Piratewaterspout has been promoted to Piratewaterspout has been promoted to Piratewaterspout has been promoted to Piratewaterspout has been promoted to Piratewaterspout has been promoted to Piratewaterspout has been promoted to Piratewaterspout has been promoted to Pirate
my 22' polar fishmaster I love. The ride is great and has a tunnel to run where ever I please. I was on the water last week in 20 plus south wind and stayed dry unless I was quartering to make to turn,,, only a small amount of spray would get me. I have a 150 merc and run around the 50mph mark give or take depending on the load. lacks storage , yes, but I just put it in the ice chest in the under floor storage. Heck, I carry about six on it a lot at the river and pull tubes and play. everyone likes it. has a 80 gallon tank to go offshore or across the bay 5 times potlcking if I want. lol
Attached Images

waterspout is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message