What Is Best Black Mildew Stain Remover For Vinyl Boat Seats - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:

Go Back   2CoolFishing > General Interest Forums > Boating Forum

Old 03-17-2008, 09:07 AM   #1
Fishinrob
Registered Users-pm+

Fishinrob is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)Fishinrob is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)Fishinrob is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)Fishinrob is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)Fishinrob is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)Fishinrob is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)Fishinrob is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)Fishinrob is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)Fishinrob is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)Fishinrob is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)Fishinrob is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
What Is Best Black Mildew Stain Remover For Vinyl Boat Seats

My 2007 18 Ft aluminum jon boat is stored at the coast in a storage room. When I opened the door I had a surprise, The $20,000 present from my wife still looks new except the seats were covered in black blotches of mildew.

In the past on other boat seats I have tried bleach and water and it removes a lot of it but still leaves a stain. They are a grey vinyl "bass boat type removable seats". Is there anything that really works short of buying new ones?????

Thanks in advance ....
Fishinrob is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-17-2008, 07:03 PM   #2
skout210
Registered Users-pm+

skout210 is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)skout210 is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)skout210 is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)skout210 is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)skout210 is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)skout210 is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)skout210 is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)skout210 is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)skout210 is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)skout210 is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)skout210 is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
My wife has a little neat hand held steamer that we use, I think you can get one for 50.00 or under
skout210 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-17-2008, 08:57 PM   #3
rvrrat14
Pathfinder 2200v / VMAX HPDI 200

rvrrat14 has been promoted to the rank of Privateerrvrrat14 has been promoted to the rank of Privateerrvrrat14 has been promoted to the rank of Privateerrvrrat14 has been promoted to the rank of Privateerrvrrat14 has been promoted to the rank of Privateerrvrrat14 has been promoted to the rank of Privateerrvrrat14 has been promoted to the rank of Privateerrvrrat14 has been promoted to the rank of Privateerrvrrat14 has been promoted to the rank of Privateerrvrrat14 has been promoted to the rank of Privateerrvrrat14 has been promoted to the rank of Privateer
Simple Green and a brush will keep them clean!!!! Then spray them with Son-Of-A-Gun.
rvrrat14 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-17-2008, 09:26 PM   #4
kayakcaptain
Registered Users-pm+

kayakcaptain has been promoted to the rank of Riggerkayakcaptain has been promoted to the rank of Riggerkayakcaptain has been promoted to the rank of Riggerkayakcaptain has been promoted to the rank of Riggerkayakcaptain has been promoted to the rank of Riggerkayakcaptain has been promoted to the rank of Riggerkayakcaptain has been promoted to the rank of Riggerkayakcaptain has been promoted to the rank of Riggerkayakcaptain has been promoted to the rank of Riggerkayakcaptain has been promoted to the rank of Riggerkayakcaptain has been promoted to the rank of Rigger
I have used Tilex on my seats for years, has not hurt the fabric or stain it. Let it set till all the mold/mildew is gone and hose off. You may have to do it every six months, I just did all my deck chairs and boat seat last week. Nice and white today. Just remember to rinse very well.
kayakcaptain is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-18-2008, 11:32 AM   #5
Fishinrob
Registered Users-pm+

Fishinrob is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)Fishinrob is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)Fishinrob is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)Fishinrob is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)Fishinrob is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)Fishinrob is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)Fishinrob is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)Fishinrob is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)Fishinrob is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)Fishinrob is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)Fishinrob is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
Thanks........
Fishinrob is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-18-2008, 12:27 PM   #6
Rob S
Registered Users-pm+

Rob S has been promoted to PirateRob S has been promoted to PirateRob S has been promoted to PirateRob S has been promoted to PirateRob S has been promoted to PirateRob S has been promoted to PirateRob S has been promoted to PirateRob S has been promoted to PirateRob S has been promoted to PirateRob S has been promoted to PirateRob S has been promoted to Pirate
I havent tried it yet, but my first try would be the magic eraser.
Rob S is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-18-2008, 12:50 PM   #7
fishdoc1
No Hero pictures don't need them.

fishdoc1 has been promoted to Piratefishdoc1 has been promoted to Piratefishdoc1 has been promoted to Piratefishdoc1 has been promoted to Piratefishdoc1 has been promoted to Piratefishdoc1 has been promoted to Piratefishdoc1 has been promoted to Piratefishdoc1 has been promoted to Piratefishdoc1 has been promoted to Piratefishdoc1 has been promoted to Piratefishdoc1 has been promoted to Pirate
I second Tilex. Been using it for several years now.
fishdoc1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-18-2008, 05:42 PM   #8
Hooked
Registered Users-pm+

Hooked has been promoted to PirateHooked has been promoted to PirateHooked has been promoted to PirateHooked has been promoted to PirateHooked has been promoted to PirateHooked has been promoted to PirateHooked has been promoted to PirateHooked has been promoted to PirateHooked has been promoted to PirateHooked has been promoted to PirateHooked has been promoted to Pirate
I use StarBrite Mildew Stain Remover but I suspect it's probably the same as Tilex but more expensive. I'll be trying Tilex on my next cleaning.
Hooked is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-18-2008, 08:34 PM   #9
Pocketfisherman
POC chunker

Pocketfisherman has been promoted to PiratePocketfisherman has been promoted to PiratePocketfisherman has been promoted to PiratePocketfisherman has been promoted to PiratePocketfisherman has been promoted to PiratePocketfisherman has been promoted to PiratePocketfisherman has been promoted to PiratePocketfisherman has been promoted to PiratePocketfisherman has been promoted to PiratePocketfisherman has been promoted to PiratePocketfisherman has been promoted to Pirate
Gunk orange waterless hand cleaner with pumice rubbed on the cushion will have both your hands and cushion looking like new in 30 seconds.
Pocketfisherman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-18-2008, 09:29 PM   #10
fuzzbuzzeng
Registered Users-pm+

fuzzbuzzeng has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)fuzzbuzzeng has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)fuzzbuzzeng has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)fuzzbuzzeng has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)fuzzbuzzeng has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)fuzzbuzzeng has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)fuzzbuzzeng has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)fuzzbuzzeng has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)fuzzbuzzeng has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)fuzzbuzzeng has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)fuzzbuzzeng has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)
My wife uses that magic eraser by Mr. Clean with plain water
to clean the mold off her pontoon boat seats..
...it really works well....
fuzzbuzzeng is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message