best deer processing around houston - Page 3 - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise  |   Follow:

Go Back   2CoolFishing > Hunting and Shooting Forums > Hunting Board

Old 12-14-2007, 11:26 PM   #21
Cutter
www.RipCharts.com

Cutter has been promoted to PirateCutter has been promoted to PirateCutter has been promoted to PirateCutter has been promoted to PirateCutter has been promoted to PirateCutter has been promoted to PirateCutter has been promoted to PirateCutter has been promoted to PirateCutter has been promoted to PirateCutter has been promoted to PirateCutter has been promoted to Pirate
I know some folks have their own opinion on whether Midway gives you back your deer or not, but they claim on their website (in bold text) that you get your deer back.

I was curious and even asked them last year. They said that yes I will receive my deer, and even gave me a 15 minute tour of their facility. I spoke with the tall blonde lady. She didnt hesitate one second to give me a tour and I was quite impressed with their process and how things looked "behind the scenes".

I've been happy with midway in the past and will continue to use them.
Cutter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-16-2007, 02:15 PM   #22
aroundtoit
1' out the door

aroundtoit is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)aroundtoit is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)aroundtoit is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)aroundtoit is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)aroundtoit is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)aroundtoit is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)aroundtoit is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)aroundtoit is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)aroundtoit is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)aroundtoit is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)aroundtoit is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
Work Polish, German, Jalapeno, Summer, Slim Jims, and Pan Sausage

Perry & Sons Resturant and Market on Scarsdale
aroundtoit is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-16-2007, 02:48 PM   #23
bluewaterexplorer
Registered Users-pm+

bluewaterexplorer has been promoted to the rank of Riggerbluewaterexplorer has been promoted to the rank of Riggerbluewaterexplorer has been promoted to the rank of Riggerbluewaterexplorer has been promoted to the rank of Riggerbluewaterexplorer has been promoted to the rank of Riggerbluewaterexplorer has been promoted to the rank of Riggerbluewaterexplorer has been promoted to the rank of Riggerbluewaterexplorer has been promoted to the rank of Riggerbluewaterexplorer has been promoted to the rank of Riggerbluewaterexplorer has been promoted to the rank of Riggerbluewaterexplorer has been promoted to the rank of Rigger
Not to bash, but a buddy and I dropped two dear off at Petes Fine Meats last year and when we got a call with the price, we almost told them to keep the deer and sell it to someone else. After going back and forth with them they dropped the price $300. This is not my style to haggle with someone who is providing a service, but I hate it when someone tries to stick it to you. Then to top it off when we picked the meat up it was comprable to one deer. Jeez, thanks for the $300 concession, all you did was sell the other deer to someone else. Thanks in advance for the warning about Hildebrandts. It is a few miles from my house and I was considering giving them a chance next time.

BWE
bluewaterexplorer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-16-2007, 03:02 PM   #24
retired358
Registered Users-pm+

retired358 is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)retired358 is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)retired358 is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)retired358 is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)retired358 is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)retired358 is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)retired358 is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)retired358 is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)retired358 is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)retired358 is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
Processing

Basis my experience:

I have used Midway - several years ago - and, when I asked, they said they process so many deer there is no way they can keep them separate. And, when I was short basis what I brought in, they had someone run back and pick up a few packages. They may have changed since, but I have not been back.

I have used Pete's. Liked the produce but it appeared that they farmed it out (at least the sausage casings had the name of another market) and it was very expensive.

I use Bellville or Doziers currently.
retired358 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-16-2007, 03:17 PM   #25
TXPalerider
We all have it coming......

TXPalerider has been promoted to PirateTXPalerider has been promoted to PirateTXPalerider has been promoted to PirateTXPalerider has been promoted to PirateTXPalerider has been promoted to PirateTXPalerider has been promoted to PirateTXPalerider has been promoted to PirateTXPalerider has been promoted to PirateTXPalerider has been promoted to PirateTXPalerider has been promoted to PirateTXPalerider has been promoted to Pirate
IMO...

Bellville
Prasek's - Hilje
Fisher's - Spring
Old 12-16-2007, 07:59 PM   #26
Haute Pursuit
Jerry Jones rocks!

Haute Pursuit has been promoted to PirateHaute Pursuit has been promoted to PirateHaute Pursuit has been promoted to PirateHaute Pursuit has been promoted to PirateHaute Pursuit has been promoted to PirateHaute Pursuit has been promoted to PirateHaute Pursuit has been promoted to PirateHaute Pursuit has been promoted to PirateHaute Pursuit has been promoted to PirateHaute Pursuit has been promoted to PirateHaute Pursuit has been promoted to Pirate
1.Bellville
2.Bellville
3.Bellville

4.Vincek's
Haute Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-16-2007, 09:06 PM   #27
grand poobah

grand poobah has been promoted to Pirategrand poobah has been promoted to Pirategrand poobah has been promoted to Pirategrand poobah has been promoted to Pirategrand poobah has been promoted to Pirategrand poobah has been promoted to Pirategrand poobah has been promoted to Pirategrand poobah has been promoted to Pirategrand poobah has been promoted to Pirategrand poobah has been promoted to Pirategrand poobah has been promoted to Pirate
I can't believe no has mentioned Eckerman's. I had a customer recommend this place five years ago & have used them ever since. Everyone Ive sent to the has been completely satified. The first time I brought 8 quarters of 2 deer & had summer sausage, smoke sausage, chili meat, & pan sausage. My bill was barely
over a hundred dollars. Last year we had all sausage made & my bill was $165.00.

Their address in New Ulm but the they are just past Industry off of 159, about 15 miles past Bellville.

Try them they are fantastic...
grand poobah is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-16-2007, 09:29 PM   #28
Aggieholic
Registered Users-pm+

Aggieholic has been promoted to the rank of  BuccaneerAggieholic has been promoted to the rank of  BuccaneerAggieholic has been promoted to the rank of  BuccaneerAggieholic has been promoted to the rank of  BuccaneerAggieholic has been promoted to the rank of  BuccaneerAggieholic has been promoted to the rank of  BuccaneerAggieholic has been promoted to the rank of  BuccaneerAggieholic has been promoted to the rank of  BuccaneerAggieholic has been promoted to the rank of  BuccaneerAggieholic has been promoted to the rank of  BuccaneerAggieholic has been promoted to the rank of  Buccaneer
I've used Slovacek's in Snook for the past few years and swore them off after last years poor quality. This year I took a doe to Green's in Zabcikville (Just East of Temple). I got smoked link sausage with extra garlic and extra mustard seed. It's some of the best I've had. I'm quite certain that the deer I took in is the deer I got back. The only thing that suprised me was the packaging of the sausage in freezer paper. I thought it was pretty standard issue these days to do vaccum pack. Great sausage though. Wife and kids like it too and that says a lot.
Aggieholic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-16-2007, 09:45 PM   #29
bryan daisy
Banned

bryan daisy has been promoted to the rank of  Buccaneerbryan daisy has been promoted to the rank of  Buccaneerbryan daisy has been promoted to the rank of  Buccaneerbryan daisy has been promoted to the rank of  Buccaneerbryan daisy has been promoted to the rank of  Buccaneerbryan daisy has been promoted to the rank of  Buccaneerbryan daisy has been promoted to the rank of  Buccaneerbryan daisy has been promoted to the rank of  Buccaneerbryan daisy has been promoted to the rank of  Buccaneerbryan daisy has been promoted to the rank of  Buccaneerbryan daisy has been promoted to the rank of  Buccaneer
bay area deer processing pasadena tx
bryan daisy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-16-2007, 10:37 PM   #30
Haute Pursuit
Jerry Jones rocks!

Haute Pursuit has been promoted to PirateHaute Pursuit has been promoted to PirateHaute Pursuit has been promoted to PirateHaute Pursuit has been promoted to PirateHaute Pursuit has been promoted to PirateHaute Pursuit has been promoted to PirateHaute Pursuit has been promoted to PirateHaute Pursuit has been promoted to PirateHaute Pursuit has been promoted to PirateHaute Pursuit has been promoted to PirateHaute Pursuit has been promoted to Pirate
I have heard good things about them too... just never tried them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grand poobah
I can't believe no has mentioned Eckerman's. I had a customer recommend this place five years ago & have used them ever since. Everyone Ive sent to the has been completely satified. The first time I brought 8 quarters of 2 deer & had summer sausage, smoke sausage, chili meat, & pan sausage. My bill was barely
over a hundred dollars. Last year we had all sausage made & my bill was $165.00.

Their address in New Ulm but the they are just past Industry off of 159, about 15 miles past Bellville.

I've heard good things about that place too.. just never tried it.

Try them they are fantastic...
Haute Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message