2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

I am sore, getting ready for opening weekend.

1K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  garrettryan 
#1 ·
Well I drove to Aspermont, where my lease is in North West Texas on Friday, I brought along a couple friends; who are construction workers to knock out building a few new stands. We got there about 5pm on Friday, went to work first getting our limits of Dove, which we all had in a little over an hour. They were flying thick. Then got to work on building two stands. I had hauled all the wood from Austin. We built two of them, (Worked until 4:30 in the morning (The Full moon helped) Built both these stands for 140.00 in material a piece, if anyone ever wants the design I drew up just let me know. THey have 3 windows, big door. They are 8 feet high, with the floor raised 2 feet off the ground inside, and the roof slighty slanted to move the rain water off. They arent the best but they are sealed pretty well and should do well. I poured out enough deer attractant to hopefully bring every deer in the county to about 6 of the stands on property including the two new ones. Should be all set for My Grande on Opening day. We were back in Austin by .. 9:30 on Sat. evening, and I HURT!

here are the pics of the stands..

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
There are 2x4s under floor a frame under, and a two crosses to support my fat but, also two by fours on roof, as well as the four for the frames of the sheets of plywood, I made them with whole sheets of plywood, so I would only have to cut one sheet for roof and floor (Which are 3/4 plywood for extra support).. I might put some addtioanl support and shelves with scraps as time goes by.. who knows.. sat. TV. I just wanted something big enough to get nice, big rolling and turning office chairs in there so it woudl be comfortable to sit all day and wait for muy grande..

#4 ·
It was something like per stand :

4 Pieces of 1/2 Plywood at : 12.00 X 4 = 48.00
1 Piece of 3/4 Plywood at 16.00 = 16.00
15 2X4s at 1.39 a piece = = 20.85
6 Smaller Hinges for Windows = 8.00
1 Clasp for Outside Door = 2.00
2 Strong Hinges for Door = 3.00
Screws/Paint/Foam Sealer =10.00
Corner Braces and Brackets to Strengthen = 10.00

That is about what each stand cost. All the windows stays, locks, the ability to lock door inside etc.. were all done with scrap wood and screws, effective, but not super pretty, they still came out well. $117.85 or so plus Tax..

#6 ·
Acutally that is by the camp house.. Both of them were placed, where you have tons to look out but a LOT more coverage then what you see, that is just where we shoot coyotes and any pig dumb enough to make the treck from treeline to treeline..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.