2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

Clocks Fall Back Opening Weekend?

2K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  BigBuck 
#1 ·
Now this is going to be all messed up come opening weekend of gun season. Saturday morning the time will be as now and Sunday morning we fall back an hour. Remember to adjust your timers accordingly! We set all ours last weekend back an hour so we're ready.

#2 ·
Hard Head said:
Now this is going to be all messed up come opening weekend of gun season. Saturday morning the time will be as now and Sunday morning we fall back an hour. Remember to adjust your timers accordingly! We set all ours last weekend back an hour so we're ready.
Oh your back,, LOL

Just ignore it HH and sunday morning will be the same. adjust your clock at noon!

#4 ·
Trouthunter said:
Just leave the timers set the same way all year Don. We don't ever change the time on our timers anymore. They're always an hour earlier year round.

TH
Bingo!
The reel problem is figuring out what time to get up so that you will be in the blind at the right time since the time change falls smack dab in the middle of opening weekend. Do you get up earlier, later, reset the alarm, or not, or just spend the night in the blind to be positive nothing goes wrong and what about coffee???Get it ready the night before?Load the gun the night before and leave the camo outside so smells don't get on it and where is tha carbon black and Tinks and am I going to put up the decoy or wait till later in the season and did I remember to turn off the game cam and is there a pee bottle in the stand and GOSH I hope that freak buck we have been seeing shows up but am I going to shoot another deer if I see one early and possibly blow the chance at the big one and where's the pepto my stomach feels a little bad damm I forgot my knife, no that was a dream and damm yall snored so loud all night I didn't get any sleep and DAMM It's good to be in deer camp.

#11 ·
Clocks

I leave mine set to deer season time all year as well, although I change the time the feeders go off. During the summer the feeders go off late enough that turkeys get all of the feed so I reset the feed times several times during the year. It has confused me sometimes, as last weekend I noticed that one of the timers was off by 2-1/2 hours. It was an old analog that screws up if you advance it by 24 hours. By my calculations it was set to go off right so I left it.

ActiveScrape, you sound a bit frazzled, LOL. Everything will be ok in one week and one day. I will get even less work done next week than normal.
Good hunting to everyone!
BB

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.