2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

Beat ammo for 300 Winch?

1K views 8 replies 9 participants last post by  asolde 
#1 ·
I have a winchester model 70 .300 Winchester mag with the boss and was wondering what you guys think the best grouping ammo is? Thanks

#4 ·
300 win

every guns shoots different, i know my remington sendero 300 win mag likes 180 remington core locks i get 1/2" to 3/4" groups at 200 yards with factory ammo. All i can say is take 3 brands of shells and give it a go. most of the time its the cheaper ammo gives you a better grouping.

#7 ·
My Sendero likes Winchester Power Points (cheap, grey box) and the Hornady Customer Interbond SP. Both in 180 Grain. It absolutely hates 165's of the hornady ammo. Group opens up from 3/4"-1" to around 2.5"+.

I've tried some more expensive stuff like the Winchester Accubond and it was horrible in my rifle.

I recently bought Federal Premium Gold Match 190 GR BT Hollow Points. I'm kinda curious to see if this groups better. Just bought it for grins.

I haven't tried any 150 core-lokts but I've heard ALOT of people say their Winny loves it. (i.e. two in this thread). If you search for my previous posts you'll see a thread where I discuss 150 grain versus 165's and 180's for deer in a .300. It's not just about groups but the thread has some really good feedback from some of the others on this board about the cartridge, bullet weights, terminal performance, etc. etc. Interesting reading.

Good luck, have fun, and post pics!!!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.