2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

Cost of a Feeder

2K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  ledfordtm 
#1 ·
What would a fair price be for a 55 gallon steel drum feeder with 3 legs, ladder, a lid, fresh paint, and no timer?

#6 ·
Well you can buy a 55 gal barrel for 25 bucks, leg brackets for 25 bucks, and find most anything for support legs. Probably 75 for the barrel etc. and get a timer for about 40 bucks. Just depents on which way you want to go. The 40 gal deal from Academy is not too bad. Just kinda small barrel

Charlie

#10 ·
feeder cost revised

I did not see the "ladder" when I read it the first time. A 3 legged feeder with a ladder (on most feeders with a ladder that I've seen, the 3rd leg is the ladder) may be nice/well made and originally real pricey-so I'll revise my original estimate to $100.

#13 ·
Feeder Costs.

TotalSand Blast$15.00Paint$26.55Leg Brackets$31.88Legs$31.84Funnel$14.74Varmint Guard$17.72$137.73

I just did this and this is what I came up with. Used the top rail of a chain link fence for legs and the barrel was free just had to get it sand blasted.

Leg Brackets, Funnel, Varmint Guard bought at Academy.
Paint and Legs Bought at Home Depot.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.