2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

Hog Wild

2K views 19 replies 18 participants last post by  85LoneStar 
#1 ·
Anyone use it? Is it worth it?

#14 ·
If hogs are in the area anything works, your not gonna dump any type of attractant out and expect a hog from 5 miles away to smell it, good ol' corn, we use diesel on the corn in the traps to keep other animals off of it, yes I've tried the commercial stuff I'm guilty too, I'm still a kid a heart and like trying new toys..

#16 ·
hog wild ,jello, diesel corn, soured corn, plain shelled corn and [get ya some] hog in heat, all work, except when the acorns are falling ,same for deer you will have corn growing under your feeder if you are in an area with a healthy mast crop,, until the acorns are gone,,about 2 weeks, be patient and good luck

#20 ·
activescrape said:
It works great, pigs can't seem to resist it, but like PR said, jello probably works just as good. I have had deer and pigs force their way into an unbaited trap to get to the residual smell of hog wild.
Well I guess this dispells the rumor I heard that dear won't come around if they smell hogs.

Thanks for sharing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.