2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

Age us please

2K views 14 replies 12 participants last post by  justletmein 
#1 ·
These are the only things showing up on my cams, lot of acorns and greens down there still. Just curious on the ages as I'm still practicing... 3 pics of the 1st buck and only 1 pic of the 2nd buck.

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
Solid Action said:
Both mature deer. At least 4.5 on both of them.
I have to agree, Im not sure what kind of managment program you have, but those deer at that age should have a bit more mass on them and more length on the brow tines, especially after the phenominal year we've had weather wise. The first one I would let walk, but the second one would go

#6 ·
shanker said:
I have to agree, Im not sure what kind of managment program you have, but those deer at that age should have a bit more mass on them and more length on the brow tines, especially after the phenominal year we've had weather wise. The first one I would let walk, but the second one would go
Our management program consists of the owner saying "Well somebody might consider him a trophy and want to shoot him." :rolleyes:

#12 ·
sotol buster said:
Nice bucks. We hunt 40 miles south of you in Juno. Most of our deer have very short brow tines. Is this the case near Ozona?
We have some with the same problem, lots of tiny brow tines and some without brow tines at all. There are a fair number with what I'd consider normal brow tines though.

#15 ·
Bucksnort said:
maybe i'm missing something here but these are all the same deer. maybe the last pic is a different buck but its blurry and I'd bet it isn't. I say mature deer. wack his 10 pt bootie before your downloading buddy does it.
Yes the first three are the same buck, but I only had 1 pic of the other one so couldn't post more for better angles on age guessing. I don't think he's the same deer.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.