2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

Squirrel Hunt?

1K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  wet dreams 
#1 ·
Was wondering if anybody knew of any leases or places where I could squirrel hunt that aren't to far from Houston. I've been checking out the public land but was curious about leases or day hunts on private land. Any help would be appreciated.

#4 ·
Here's the big secret on the best squirrel hunting trip, Get a Map of the forks of the Angelina and Neches River, Put in at Bevelport (you need a boat if you have a flat bottom you can access the small sloughs to get to Bee Tree Slough) Here is the best bottom land squirrel hunting period. I can get a limmit per day with a flintlock. They have camp sights across the river from the forks. Hogs, deer, and ducks in the am. Few hunters because of the access. Be prepaired to walk. Corps of Engineers so read up on the rules and it is type II.

#5 ·
With the way things are going with Timber, You better hurry and hunt them now. As B4B posted, between the rivers is some of the best looking woods in Texas, one thing you will need is a good compass, not saying you'll get lost. I've never been lost, just turned around for a cpl of days but wouldn't say I was lost. If you get turned around DONT go north. WW

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.