2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

BorderBandit's Cueva Ranch Reunion Trip

8K views 81 replies 24 participants last post by  Bucksnort 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
We just got back from a great trip with my good friends Border Bandit and Brian Bowlin at the Cueva Ranch in Del Rio. State Vet, Palerider, Trouthunter and myself were invited on a special management hunt on the ranch. Bandit did his usual of taking care of us and putting us on the deer. A neat surprise on our trip was that it was filmed by "C'mere Deer" owner and crew Ivan Hawthorne and Steve Bruce and will air on "Hank Parker 3D" later on. Both gentlemen were a pleasure to be around and made sure we all went home with plenty of product. I gotta tell ya the stuff works. I was a skeptic until I saw it for myself. Added feature for me on the trip was I got my first pistol kill and crossbow kill. The Cueva Ranch is 5 star all the way. It was great to be hunting with my close friends once again and thanks for bringing us out there Bandit. I have a few pix but I know the other guys took a few more. I'll let the other guys add in here. We all had a great time.

1. me and BB with my first pistol kill
2. State Vet and Bandit with his doe
3. Ivan Hawthorne's 140 11pt.
4. Trouthunter wishing he could post he shot the deer.

Attachments

See less See more
#10 ·
Whoooooooooo! Man that was a busy weekend. I went to bed at 8:00 last night and didn't move till 6:15 this morning. What a great weekend....I think that we may have some C'Mere Deer believers after this. You ought to see the video George took of a 10 pt that came in and started eating it off a log that Brad and I had set up just a few hours before. Good stuff.

Great weekend ... old friends ....new friends and some great times visiting. Good food and some pretty decent hunting. Wished this front would have hit about last Thursday.

Oh yeh.....sorry them deer weren't tied up at the feeders Martin. lol :wink:

#11 ·
Good culls and great Buck! Looks like alot of fun!

Trouthunter looks like you drew the "Skinning Tag!" (gloves)

Nice Buck--Age and Score?...................or can we guess?--140-142 4.5?

Congrats to you all and Border for letting you guys take those culls--always a good idea early in the season!

Shane what is that Majic Stuff--is it like "Buck Grub?"

swampus!

#14 ·
It was a great trip! C'Mere Deer really works, it brought that ten point within 15 yards of my ground blind. The time at the cabin was just as fun as the time in the field.

One thing I did discover......Danny and I are not cut out to be outdoor cameramen, after our Saterday afternoon hunt!

#15 ·
Swampus said:
Good culls and great Buck! Looks like alot of fun!

Trouthunter looks like you drew the "Skinning Tag!" (gloves)

Nice Buck--Age and Score?...................or can we guess?--140-142 4.5?

Congrats to you all and Border for letting you guys take those culls--always a good idea early in the season!

Shane what is that Majic Stuff--is it like "Buck Grub?"

swampus!
Robbie,

That deer is scored 140" even. Old deer and from his teeth I'm thinking 6.5+ in age. He's is going to be the first " poster child" on a national tv hunting program. It will be on next fall and I'll let everyone know the time and date as soon as I get them.

The "majic stuff" is Cmere Deer. The deer love it. This is there 2nd trip to the ranch and they are coming back next spring for an exotic hunt.

Danny took the two "spikes", George took two doe and Martin took one doe. Brad and I drew scratches.

#16 ·
I'll have to post this evening as I'm going to be in meetings most of the day, but I can tell you that Rancho Cueva rocks and the trip was a trip and that Shane and Brian are extremely good at what they do and treated us just like brothers and I guess that after this past weekend, we are.

C'mere Deer? All I can say is believe it...it's not hype...it works. You just have to read the instructions and do what it says. Dang stuff's a deer magnet.

Thanks Shane! Thanks Brian! And Thanks Brad for re-introducing me to that incredible rush one gets when taking a deer at 13 yards with a broadhead. I'll get with you later on the terms of my loan with you. :D

Great group and one I hope stays together until I'm too old to hunt anymore.

TH

#18 ·
He was alot older than we thought he was as well. Brian has video of him in 2002 and had him at 4.5 then. Thought he had a brother similar to him but I guess it was him. On the downhill slide.

C'mere Deer comes in two forms .... powder and liquid concentrate. They also have some other products for hogs and deer.

Gimme a shout.

#22 ·
State_Vet said:
Don't forget we have pictures this time!:biggrin:
Yes we do!!!! It's almost shameful how State_Vet bribes that ranch dog.

He also brought some peanut butter flavored doggy treats called Nut-tastics, but, Trouthunter and Bucksnort ended up eating all of them. :D

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.