2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

How do I justify....

2K views 14 replies 14 participants last post by  BF 
#1 ·
I need help. I need to justify to my wife that I need a new gun safe. I already have a Browning 14 gun safe with about 30 guns in it. It also contains my wifes jewelry and what she considers our important papers. I have recently added a few guns that are classified "need to know" and my wife doesn't. Well, the safe is full and what if another good deal comes along. I also have guns in several closets and the nightstand and a couple of decorator guns that belong to my wife.

I am not buying any more jewelry, so getting another safe to store more jewelry is not a good justification.

My wife has already heard about the need for more guns because we might get attacked by zombies so that probably won't work either.

Please let me know what your ideas are. I am approaching critical mass here, when one of her shotguns comes back from the guys I loaned it to for the youth duck hunt, I have no place to put it.

See less See more
#6 ·
think about selling the one you have, and put the money towards a new one. tell your wife your think about gettting a couple of new guns in the future and need the room for them. good luck pleading your case.

#7 ·
One from the wife's point of view. BE UP FRONT, ALWAYS! It will not come back to bite you in the butt. We have two safes, and when husband says "I need you to pull such and such out" (which happens fairly often) I can go right to it. If there were 30 guns in a 14 gun safe I would have to say "get it yourself". Also, there is always room for my shotguns to go in the safe when they come home. You might even want to take her shopping with you, just to stay out of the doghouse.

Just so you know, if he buys one I get one too. If I buy one, he gets one too.

And, you can never have too many guns or too much jewelry.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.