2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

Card reader for game cameras

2K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  CHARLIE 
#1 ·
Anyone seen a card reader that will read all brands of game cameras ? I bought one at Academy $79 bucks that only reads bushnell and stealth cameras. Wont read Moultries. I found out too late it wont read all of them. Naturally we have a mix of cameras. I am speaking about the little battery powered ones you can take with you and pull the card out of the camera and look at it on the reader.
Trying to keep from buying so many extra cards just swapping them out and having to bring them home to read on the computer.

Charlie

#9 ·
Main Frame,

Charlie is talking about a reader/viewer.

There's something quirky about the moultrie cameras that formats the pictures differently. the built in SD card slot on my laptop will not view the photos, but it works on other people's computers for some reason.

Charlie, you have the moultrie 4.0 with regular flash, right? I have one of those, as well as the 4.0 IR, and I have to load the photos directly from the camera to my laptop. Kind of a pain in the ***.

#11 ·
Card Reader

I usually take my laptop to the lease. I place it in the front cargo box on my Kawasaki Prairie, and drive to each camera. I just open the camera, take out the card, download the pictures, and erase the card and place it back into the camera for the next set to be taken. Then, back at the camphouse, I sit and view the pics. It's a pretty simple task.
Hope this helps.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.