2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

arrows

2K views 10 replies 10 participants last post by  sharkhunter50 
#1 ·
What do yall think is a good brand of arrows/broad heads?

#2 ·
I was watcing the hunting show today with Dave Winkleman (sp) they were using an expandable broadhead that put a HUGE entry hold in the deer. It was 2" across on entry. I am going to check them out right now and possibly switch from my Thunder Heads. Oh yea, they called them "Rage".

#4 ·
There are a lot of great arrows out there today, all of which will get the job done. Just make sure when you are selecting an arrow that it matches your bow, draw weight and draw length. Any good bow shop will help you select the right arrows.

There are also a lot of broadhead out there that will get the job done. Personally I stay away from those expanding mechanical types. They are prone to fail and if the fail and don't open on a deer it is a very bad day. I know because it happened to my son-in-law and it was not good.

I am personally shooting Gold Tip 5575 at 27" with Blazer vanes. My broadhead of choice is a Magnus Snuffer 125gr.

#9 ·
nationwide
most popular alum shaft...easton XX75 ?
graphite... beeman ??
most popular broadhead ... thunderhead

i shoot rocky mountain supreme 125s they make a monster hole

old school:
muzzys
wasps
satellites

make sure you practice points are the same gr. weight

not a fan of mechanicals at all

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.