2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

Weeeeeeeeee - Deer's antlers get caught in a rope swing.

4K views 17 replies 16 participants last post by  Pathfinder 
#1 ·
looks like he's having a good time

(click image to play video)

See less See more
#3 ·
I wouldn't go anywhere near that poor thing until it wears itself out! Talk about an accident waiting to happen!

#8 ·
Buck

I hope someone got the courage (and some help) to grab the trailing rope. He should be pretty easy to subdue since his head is already immobilized. We have seperated locked bucks, the scary part is when they are loose and you are not real sure they appreciate what you have done for them. I hope he will be ok.
BB

#9 ·
BigBuck said:
I hope someone got the courage (and some help) to grab the trailing rope. He should be pretty easy to subdue since his head is already immobilized. We have seperated locked bucks, the scary part is when they are loose and you are not real sure they appreciate what you have done for them. I hope he will be ok.
BB
Why would someone want to stop him? No telling how long it took him to get his antlers wrapped good enough to swing! lol That was too funny, but hopefully they managed to get him loose. That could be a new sport, shoot the swinging deer!

#12 ·
I don't think I would try that rescue! A couple of years ago my son and I came across a doe with a hind leg caught on the top two strands of wire, on a fence.
I couldn't leave her like that, so we crossed over the fence to be on the opposite side. Then loosened the wires from the Tpost and opened the wires. When her foot came loose, she ran back into the fence a few times then did a 180, ran across the road, over the fence and was gone!!! Hopefully she made it and continued the populate the area.
Yeah we retied the wires back on the T post.

#17 ·
Ditto!!!

I was thinking the exact same thing. Someone catch the trailing rope and hold it taught while some unlucky S.O.B. untangles it from the buck while reaching out the window of a beat up old truck and then dive for the floorboard!!!

I would like to know what eventually happened to him though.

BigBuck said:
BB

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.