2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

Colorado trip

3K views 20 replies 11 participants last post by  Redfishr 
#1 ·
Hey folks, myself and junkman1265 are here in Grand Junction Colorado waiting on the second season to start. We have seen quite a few animals on the way up.

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
I envy yall. I had my tag for elk the last season this year (November) but had to cancel. Hunted Colorado for years starting back in the 60's. Doubt I will ever get to go back. Always hunted the last season available because of the snow etc. Hunting was much better IMO

Charlie

#18 ·
Well, guys and gals the elk hunt was a bust. There were quite a few animals moving the Saturday that season started, but a front moved in that late Saturday afternoon and it started snowing and didn't stop until late Sunday afternoon. Monday when we went out it was really bright and you could see where the elk and deer had been moving through the snow that night. The guides were able to jump up a few that were bedded down but none were shooters.
It was a good experience and I enjoyed it even though we did not get anything. We met some cool guys from the east coast and had a great time swapping stories and lies. I will try and resize some of the pictures and post them later.

#19 ·
Yeah, our mule deer trip was a bust as far as harvesting, but wouldn't trade the trip for anything. We hunted hard from the 20th to the 25th and had to head on back. Saw a lot of deer but nothing mature enough to harvest. Although the sign in the snow was unbelievable every morning, they must hide incredibly well, and the full moon sure was against us!

#20 ·
some pictures

Sure wish there was more game to show you but thats why they call it hunting and not killin....

Hopefully I get the descriptions in the right order.
The 1st pic should be of camp on Friday afternoon.
The 2nd is Sunday afternoon after the snow let up.
3rd pic is me on Amos.
The 4th pic is of the only bull killed in our camp. It was taken by a guy from Pennsylvania who came out with his son.
5th pic is of my spruce tree hideout where I spent most of the day Sunday while it was snowing

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.