2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

Any Ducks Showing Up On The Coast

2K views 19 replies 16 participants last post by  surfspeck 
#1 ·
A Buddy Just Back From Calcaisue And Said It Was Already Loaded With Ducks. Just Wondring If They Are Showing Up Already Here To Cant Wait For The Opener Probaly Be 95 And Sunny!!!

#6 ·
We have a major Sandhill and goose roost on our lease near Port Lavaca. I didn't see a single feather this past weekend. I even comment to the wife that I thought it was odd not to at least see a few Speckle Bellies. I didn't notice any ducks on any of the ponds on our lease either, but they don't normally start hitting the ponds until late in the year.

#17 ·
I've got one pond that is holding thousands of ducks. They have cleared about 10 acres of groceries out of that pond. My other DU ponds on the same property have none. I saw some really big groups of ducks over the weekend right in the middle of the Lissie Prairie. Lots of specs coming in yesterday afternoon. They sure do fly low outside of hunting season!

We also heard some snow geese on Saturday. Looking forward to this cold front.

EBHunter

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.