2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

Good Deer Sausage

3K views 24 replies 21 participants last post by  snappy3923 
#1 ·
I moved to the East side of town a couple of years ago, (mont belvieu), looking for your ideas on best sausage, summer sausage etc. Hunting outg I-10 West,
so it could be a meat market out that way. Let me know who you have had good luck with.

#4 ·
Try Danials Meat Market on Thomson road between Baytown and Highlands

He makes some of the best sausage that I have ever had.......but there is a catch
he will only accept boned out meat.....no bones...and he is pricey

but very good sausage

BTW welcome to the East side...we live in Old river

#9 ·
TXPalerider said:
Goings has ruined to many people's meat for me to ever go back. Just experience, I thought you might want to hear.
Thats good to know,i can see Goings from my front porch and was contemplating using them this year.I had PM'd WILLIELANCON asking more about it.Thanks for posting up your opinion.As stated earlier i usually use Jacksons

#16 ·
I wouldn't know what it tastes like, I dropped some hogs off out there months ago and I could tell he did not even want them, kept trying to talk me out of bringing them in, finally took them but never did anything with them and kept giving me the runaround when we called for them, kept forgetting about it or saying it would be ready next week after a few months I decided I did not even want them if they were even still there. Definitely looking for another place close by who do you use now TX?

TXPalerider said:
Goings has ruined to many people's meat for me to ever go back. Just experience, I thought you might want to hear.

#17 ·
Take it From Another Cajun.....

Take it from another Cajun that grew up eating Richard's sausage: B&W meat market on Shepherd just north of 610 has the best sausage that I've found in Houston. Their deer, beef, and pork are better than anything that I can find at home in LA.

Trent D

#22 ·
Daniel's Meat Market hands down USED TO make the best sausage around. If you haven't been there lately, he isn't making sausage anymore, even if you bone it out for him.

There word here on Going's is accurate and I didn't have to say it. If you have been using them for the past several years, then you have met the past several owners. They have ruined plenty a man's hard earned kill either by spoilage or w/ salt.

Jackson's is good but not as good as it used to be, however they are very affordable. I never feel like I get all my meat back from them though, (especially on my Axis). The quality of their sausage was better before they got so well known (like before Mr. J retired), but it's still purty good.

Junior's Meat Market does very good work,very clean facility, family run, very high quality, quick turn around time, but will tell you up front he's pricey so they can maintain that standard.

New place I tried last year worth mentioning, Ainsworth's Meat Market on 2100 in Crosby. Very good sausage, clean place, family run, quick turn around time, and priced sort of middle of the pack.

Place I'm gonna try this year, J&B in Crosby. A buddy of mine brought some Axis sausage to the beach that they made and it was really good. They have been around for a while but I always shied away because of his prices. Now that I've tasted it I'm going to use them.

We're MLD so we shoot a lot of deer each year and this "report" is up to date as of last hunting season. I use all the places mentioned with the exception of Going's, and Jackson's would be closer to the bottom of the list. They are all also in the Baytown / Crosby area.

RU

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.