2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

Dilly Area Dove Report?

969 views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  Gulfcoast Rob 
#1 ·
Anybody been hunting doves recently in the Dilly area? Heading down to the Chaparral Ranch for the youth hunt this weekend. We will be pitching our tents and hitting one of the Type II tracts just west of Dilly for a Friday afternoon dove hunt and was just wondering what the bird count is recently. I hoping this cold front that is supposed to come in next Monday will have pushed some birds down.

#2 ·
I wasn't able to go myself unluckly. But, my two buddys went down and hunted Sunday and Monday morning and did ok. Sunday evening and Monday morning they got a limit. But they said the hunting wasn't near as good as in the past. I'm going to try to make it down the first part of next week. I think it will pick up a little bit thanks to the latest front but who knows. Let me know how you did. Good luck.

#5 ·
I have been going down that way about 3-4 times a week since opening weekend from Austin/Buda. I have a place in Moore and another one by bigfoot. I have also been hunting a couple of times on many of the various public lands just outside of Dilley. All in all the hunting seems to be day to day. Very strange this year. Last Friday we had tons of white wings on our place in Moore and the weekend was looking great, then on Saturday morning we didnt see 30 birds all morning. If you read back a week or so ago you will find where even the nooner ranch mentioned they were slim on birds. I really think its a hit and miss deal so if someone says yes they have birds dont get bent out of shape if they are gone when you get there. Find some water and be patient...that seems to be the best plan overall. Good luck

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.