2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

How To Miss A Spike

5K views 39 replies 31 participants last post by  wet dreams 
#1 ·
16 yards and just a little high, lol. He practices every day and groups them so tight he's shaved carbon off a few arrows, but this spike came in, gave him a broad side shot and Sterling drew. Then the spike turned towards the bow blind and was looking right at us and Sterling held the draw...too long I think. The spike gave him the broad side and, well, the results are an almost perfect shot on an innocent tree. :D

Won't be hard to identify that spike now though; he'll have a nice scar across the top of his back.

It happens.

TH

Attachments

#17 ·
I talked to a nephew of mine who bow hunts all over the country and has been doing it for a while (years) (I know nothing about it). He is a finatic about bow hunting. He says most all bow hunters shoot high even with hits. He says always shoot low so you can get a blood trail. High shots normally never bleed, even lung shots so a lot of game is lost. I dont have a clue just passing this on.

Charlie

#22 ·
those deer alway duck it,, aint you boys figured that out yet? LOL cool vid amigo!

I had a nice 8 duck my Spoiler two years ago and it is blazing fast from 15 yrds. It almost made me hang my bow up for good. But I got the dust off, had a few new arrows cut for my over draw and I've been bruising the forarm again. LOL

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.