2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

Guess what was in the P.O. Box today????

1K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  Rine_Everett 
#1 ·
Notice that me and my son have been selected to go on an Alligator hunt on Sept 10th and 11th at the Murphree Big Hill Unit. My question to my 2cool buds is --- now what?? Have any of ya'll ever been on an alligator hunt? Anyone been to Big Hill?

Troutfisch - this is in your back yard isn't it? Got any suggestions??

Now if only the Chaparral buck hunt will come thru. I have 17 preference points in the buck hunt.

Thanks for any help,
James

#4 ·
We got picked for Sept 12-13 Big Hill Unit.
You got the best day! First day!
Four years ago we were drawn and went 2 for 3 in our group. 7-1/2" and 7'.
Please be courteous to those hunting after you and don't dump your bait in the hunting area. Best bait I have heard of is Cow Lung. Yep, Cow lung a few days old sitting in a bucket in the heat. The lung material does stiffen some, but specifically the air tube passageways stay on your barbed hook better. Rotting chicken tends to fall apart and you will need fishing string to keep it on your hook. The higher your bait is out of the water the bigger the gator you will catch.

#5 ·
We had a shot at Big Hill a couple of years ago and scored zero on two seperate sets, we had the second hunt and the tide was high that night. With just a two day hunt it makes it difficult, spend as much time as you can that first afternoon glassing the area for lizards and then make your sets accordingly. I wish we had brought some fishing poles as the reds were in that area thick. Good luck

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.