Originally Posted by gerbil
Got some questions about the stradic:
1. How much better is the new stradic than the old stradic?
2. Is Bass Pro planning on making a "new" stradic and extreme rod combo, like the currently have with the stradic fh?
3. I saw somewhere that the 3000 size weighs the same as the 2500 size how is this possible?
4. How much line does the 3000 size hold? (10 lb)
5. Will there be a discount on the old stradics once the new one is out?
6. Will the new stradic replace the old one in the market, or will you still have both versions?
Sorry about all the questions. Thanks for covering this so well, with all the pictures. I was about to buy a stradic but I guess I will wait until the new one comes out!
1) The new gearing, spool design and one piece bail wire make the new Stradic reel perform better than the current model. The casting performance alone makes the reel worth it
2)I cannot say what Bass Pro will do since they are a retailer. They will more than likely pair up our reel with one of their rods like they always do
3)The 3000 size reel shares the same body as the 2500. The only difference is in the spool. The 3000 spool is slightly deeper so it holds a little more line.
4)140 yards of 10 pound line
5) I'm sure there will be. One of the dealers here in CA has them on clearance right now. www.tacklewarehouse.com
6)The new model is replacing the current model Stradic FH. We will no longer offer the FH models starting this month. The same for Sustain FD, Stradic MgFA and Stella FB.