Stingray proof wading boots (please help) - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:

Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > General Fishing Discussion

Old 06-08-2007, 10:07 AM

CoonBubba has been promoted to the rank of  BuccaneerCoonBubba has been promoted to the rank of  BuccaneerCoonBubba has been promoted to the rank of  BuccaneerCoonBubba has been promoted to the rank of  BuccaneerCoonBubba has been promoted to the rank of  BuccaneerCoonBubba has been promoted to the rank of  BuccaneerCoonBubba has been promoted to the rank of  BuccaneerCoonBubba has been promoted to the rank of  BuccaneerCoonBubba has been promoted to the rank of  BuccaneerCoonBubba has been promoted to the rank of  BuccaneerCoonBubba has been promoted to the rank of  Buccaneer
Question Stingray proof wading boots (please help)

Hi guys,

I'm confused. I'm looking for some fairly comfortable (wet wade) stingray "proof" boots that protect the whole foot (arches and all), the ankle and the calf...everything. I get confused because I have read so many posts about boots that someone recommends then a follow up post says that it doesn't protect "under the foot" or "over the anle", etc. I'm looking for "full" protection from mid calf on down.

I will be wading in mud sometimes and the "shuffle" just aint happening in mud.

Thanks,
CoonBubba
Old 06-08-2007, 10:10 AM
Live to fish, work to live

Aggiedan has been promoted to PirateAggiedan has been promoted to PirateAggiedan has been promoted to PirateAggiedan has been promoted to PirateAggiedan has been promoted to PirateAggiedan has been promoted to PirateAggiedan has been promoted to PirateAggiedan has been promoted to PirateAggiedan has been promoted to PirateAggiedan has been promoted to PirateAggiedan has been promoted to Pirate
Foreverlast

Available at Academy for around $125 is the best protection. You need to try them on and be prepared to go with a bigger size or two and keep in mind you may need a bigger pair to wear over waders.
Old 06-08-2007, 10:26 AM

Too Tall has been promoted to PirateToo Tall has been promoted to PirateToo Tall has been promoted to PirateToo Tall has been promoted to PirateToo Tall has been promoted to PirateToo Tall has been promoted to PirateToo Tall has been promoted to PirateToo Tall has been promoted to PirateToo Tall has been promoted to PirateToo Tall has been promoted to PirateToo Tall has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggiedan
Available at Academy for around $125 is the best protection. You need to try them on and be prepared to go with a bigger size or two and keep in mind you may need a bigger pair to wear over waders.
I'll second what he said.
Old 06-08-2007, 10:33 AM
Farmers Fight

FishEmGigEm has been promoted to the rank of GunnerFishEmGigEm has been promoted to the rank of GunnerFishEmGigEm has been promoted to the rank of GunnerFishEmGigEm has been promoted to the rank of GunnerFishEmGigEm has been promoted to the rank of GunnerFishEmGigEm has been promoted to the rank of GunnerFishEmGigEm has been promoted to the rank of GunnerFishEmGigEm has been promoted to the rank of GunnerFishEmGigEm has been promoted to the rank of GunnerFishEmGigEm has been promoted to the rank of GunnerFishEmGigEm has been promoted to the rank of Gunner
Hodgman Stingaree Surf and Reef Boots. About $100, they can be tough to find in stores. As the previous posters stated, buy them at least a size large for waders. If you're not wearing waders, buy a pair of Hodgman booties to take their place. And no, I don't work for Hodgman.
Old 06-08-2007, 11:02 AM
Registered Users-pm+

Hard Head has been promoted to PirateHard Head has been promoted to PirateHard Head has been promoted to PirateHard Head has been promoted to PirateHard Head has been promoted to PirateHard Head has been promoted to PirateHard Head has been promoted to PirateHard Head has been promoted to PirateHard Head has been promoted to PirateHard Head has been promoted to PirateHard Head has been promoted to Pirate
Save the bucks and shuffle your feet. Ask Captain Lynn Smith in POC about a Barb that went through his Stingray Proof boots.
Old 06-08-2007, 11:10 AM
Excel, it's easy to be average

fishsmart has been promoted to Piratefishsmart has been promoted to Piratefishsmart has been promoted to Piratefishsmart has been promoted to Piratefishsmart has been promoted to Piratefishsmart has been promoted to Piratefishsmart has been promoted to Piratefishsmart has been promoted to Piratefishsmart has been promoted to Piratefishsmart has been promoted to Piratefishsmart has been promoted to Pirate
Suggest you take your waders and socks with you to try on the Ray Guardz wading boots.

Charles
Old 06-08-2007, 11:41 AM

Aggiedan has been promoted to PirateAggiedan has been promoted to PirateAggiedan has been promoted to PirateAggiedan has been promoted to PirateAggiedan has been promoted to PirateAggiedan has been promoted to PirateAggiedan has been promoted to PirateAggiedan has been promoted to PirateAggiedan has been promoted to PirateAggiedan has been promoted to PirateAggiedan has been promoted to Pirate
Potholes and Mud

There is no way to shuffle your feet well enough to deal with mud and potholes. The number of rays is exploding in proportion to the decline of the sharks who prey on them.

IMHO, there are only two types of waders.

1. Those with insurance-guards and safe
  2. the un-insured-shullin into pain
The guards Lynn wore years ago were 1st generation and have been re-done Hard Head. The new Hodgemans have kevlar up the calf but remain IMHO inferior to the foreverlasts although they are far more comfortable and considerable easier for this wader to get on his fat body
Old 06-08-2007, 11:49 AM
Registered Users-pm+

Hard Head has been promoted to PirateHard Head has been promoted to PirateHard Head has been promoted to PirateHard Head has been promoted to PirateHard Head has been promoted to PirateHard Head has been promoted to PirateHard Head has been promoted to PirateHard Head has been promoted to PirateHard Head has been promoted to PirateHard Head has been promoted to PirateHard Head has been promoted to Pirate
LOL, I fully understand Dan, but I guess next we'll be wearing kevlar body armor to protect us against the explosion of Sharks in the Bay? I'll stick to shuffling and take my chances. Remember, I fought a Meat Grinder and the grinder won so I ain't scared of no Ray! lol Famous last words.

Quote:
There is no way to shuffle your feet well enough to deal with mud and potholes. The number of rays is exploding in proportion to the decline of the sharks who prey on them.

IMHO, there are only two types of waders.
  1. Those with insurance-guards and safe
  2. the un-insured-shullin into pain
The guards Lynn wore years ago were 1st generation and have been re-done Hard Head. The new Hodgemans have kevlar up the calf but remain IMHO inferior to the foreverlasts although they are far more comfortable and considerable easier for this wader to get on his fat body
Old 06-08-2007, 11:49 AM
Registered Users-pm+

trashcanslam has been promoted to Piratetrashcanslam has been promoted to Piratetrashcanslam has been promoted to Piratetrashcanslam has been promoted to Piratetrashcanslam has been promoted to Piratetrashcanslam has been promoted to Piratetrashcanslam has been promoted to Piratetrashcanslam has been promoted to Piratetrashcanslam has been promoted to Piratetrashcanslam has been promoted to Piratetrashcanslam has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
The new Hodgemans have kevlar up the calf but remain IMHO inferior to the foreverlasts although they are far more comfortable and considerable easier for this wader to get on his fat body
Which ones do you mean are more comfortable and easier to get on, the Hodgeman's or the Foreverlasts?
Old 06-08-2007, 12:02 PM

Hodgemans

nm