12 lb brisket cooking time? - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:

Go Back   2CoolFishing > TTMB

Notices

Old 04-05-2007, 03:07 PM
Registered Users-pm+

rbritt has been promoted to Piraterbritt has been promoted to Piraterbritt has been promoted to Piraterbritt has been promoted to Piraterbritt has been promoted to Piraterbritt has been promoted to Piraterbritt has been promoted to Piraterbritt has been promoted to Piraterbritt has been promoted to Piraterbritt has been promoted to Piraterbritt has been promoted to Pirate
12 lb brisket cooking time?

To all you pro's out there. how long do you smoke or cook a 12 lb brisket. I have a big pit with a firebox. How long at what temperature? Do you cook in over at all? Thanks of all responses.
Old 04-05-2007, 03:10 PM
Registered Users-pm+

Lat22 has been promoted to PirateLat22 has been promoted to PirateLat22 has been promoted to PirateLat22 has been promoted to PirateLat22 has been promoted to PirateLat22 has been promoted to PirateLat22 has been promoted to PirateLat22 has been promoted to PirateLat22 has been promoted to PirateLat22 has been promoted to PirateLat22 has been promoted to Pirate
I'm far from a pro. I usually go an hour and a half a pound at anywhere from 215 to 250 degrees.
Old 04-05-2007, 03:17 PM
T-BONE

tpool has been promoted to Piratetpool has been promoted to Piratetpool has been promoted to Piratetpool has been promoted to Piratetpool has been promoted to Piratetpool has been promoted to Piratetpool has been promoted to Piratetpool has been promoted to Piratetpool has been promoted to Piratetpool has been promoted to Piratetpool has been promoted to Pirate
It depends on the type of wood used and how much smoke you want in the meat...With hickory, I personally put the raw brisket fat side up, leave for 10 hours at 225 to 250 degrees, wrap brisket in heavy duty tin foil (add spices at this point), and continue to cook for 2-3 hours at 300-325 degrees. take out, let cool for 1.5 hrs, slice, and re-heat in oven. If you try to cut meat while still hot, or continue to cook in tin foil longer than 3 hours, it will become chopped beef (slice won't stay together)...

For oak wood, you can smoke (time out of the tin foil) for same amount of time, just go a little hotter (300 to 325 is o.k.).

For mesquite, go shorter smoking time (6-8 hours at 225-250 degrees)...

Enjoy!
Old 04-05-2007, 03:21 PM

Too Tall has been promoted to PirateToo Tall has been promoted to PirateToo Tall has been promoted to PirateToo Tall has been promoted to PirateToo Tall has been promoted to PirateToo Tall has been promoted to PirateToo Tall has been promoted to PirateToo Tall has been promoted to PirateToo Tall has been promoted to PirateToo Tall has been promoted to PirateToo Tall has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lat22
I'm far from a pro. I usually go an hour and a half a pound at anywhere from 215 to 250 degrees.
Same here. Although I check internal temp of the meat and pull it off around 190-195 wrap it foil and let it rest for an hour or so. Pulls the juices back into the meat that way and firms it up a bit. JMO.
Old 04-05-2007, 03:21 PM
Jerry Jones rocks!

Haute Pursuit has been promoted to PirateHaute Pursuit has been promoted to PirateHaute Pursuit has been promoted to PirateHaute Pursuit has been promoted to PirateHaute Pursuit has been promoted to PirateHaute Pursuit has been promoted to PirateHaute Pursuit has been promoted to PirateHaute Pursuit has been promoted to PirateHaute Pursuit has been promoted to PirateHaute Pursuit has been promoted to PirateHaute Pursuit has been promoted to Pirate
An hour and 15 minutes per pound at 225 degrees is how long I do them. Fat side up and plenty of your favorite dry rub. If the brisket is trimmed you might want to wet mop it with beer, oil, cider vinegar, rub seasoning and onion mixture every 45 minutes or so.
Old 04-05-2007, 03:25 PM
Registered Users-pm+

clouser has been promoted to the rank of  Buccaneerclouser has been promoted to the rank of  Buccaneerclouser has been promoted to the rank of  Buccaneerclouser has been promoted to the rank of  Buccaneerclouser has been promoted to the rank of  Buccaneerclouser has been promoted to the rank of  Buccaneerclouser has been promoted to the rank of  Buccaneerclouser has been promoted to the rank of  Buccaneerclouser has been promoted to the rank of  Buccaneerclouser has been promoted to the rank of  Buccaneerclouser has been promoted to the rank of  Buccaneer
I usually smoke with a mixture of pecan and oak. Here's how I do it.

1. Season the hell out of it with brisket seasoning.
2. Stick a meat thermometer in the center of the flat (the part that has the least amount of fat). I like using the digital thermometers you can buy from places like Linens & Things.
3. Put it on pit fat side down (some people do it fat side up) and try to keep the temp between 220-230.
4. When the internal temperature reaches 170, take the brisket off and wrap in foil, but leave the thermometer in the meat. Put the brisket back on the pit.
5. Leave the brisket on until the internal temp. reaches 190-195.
6. Once the internal temp. reaches 190-195, put it in a cooler for 1-2 hours so the meat can "rest."

There's no telling how long it will take to cook. It just depends on the cut of meat. I'd say give yourself 12-14 hours.
Old 04-05-2007, 04:17 PM
2006 Skeeter Cookoff "2nd Place Brisket"

Badhabit has been promoted to PirateBadhabit has been promoted to PirateBadhabit has been promoted to PirateBadhabit has been promoted to PirateBadhabit has been promoted to PirateBadhabit has been promoted to PirateBadhabit has been promoted to PirateBadhabit has been promoted to PirateBadhabit has been promoted to PirateBadhabit has been promoted to PirateBadhabit has been promoted to Pirate
I ain't nevver couked won, but will suun, me kneads moor advize, put up lotz ov dirictshuns. pleeze
Old 04-05-2007, 04:29 PM
The C-LISTERS are coming

FREON has been promoted to PirateFREON has been promoted to PirateFREON has been promoted to PirateFREON has been promoted to PirateFREON has been promoted to PirateFREON has been promoted to PirateFREON has been promoted to PirateFREON has been promoted to PirateFREON has been promoted to PirateFREON has been promoted to PirateFREON has been promoted to Pirate
Hey BH: I Tri n kook myne bout fitty nyne menutes prrr pownd @ bout too hundert n twintee for dagreez....
Old 04-05-2007, 04:38 PM
2006 Skeeter Cookoff "2nd Place Brisket"

Badhabit has been promoted to PirateBadhabit has been promoted to PirateBadhabit has been promoted to PirateBadhabit has been promoted to PirateBadhabit has been promoted to PirateBadhabit has been promoted to PirateBadhabit has been promoted to PirateBadhabit has been promoted to PirateBadhabit has been promoted to PirateBadhabit has been promoted to PirateBadhabit has been promoted to Pirate
Yu might bee a rednek cook iffin yer front yard lookz lik dis.............lmao
Attached Images

Old 04-05-2007, 04:43 PM
Registered Users-pm+

Blue Water Ho has been promoted to PirateBlue Water Ho has been promoted to PirateBlue Water Ho has been promoted to PirateBlue Water Ho has been promoted to PirateBlue Water Ho has been promoted to PirateBlue Water Ho has been promoted to PirateBlue Water Ho has been promoted to PirateBlue Water Ho has been promoted to PirateBlue Water Ho has been promoted to PirateBlue Water Ho has been promoted to PirateBlue Water Ho has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badhabit
Yu might bee a rednek cook iffin yer front yard lookz lik dis.............lmao
I rezemble thaht remahrk. LMAO