Hunting lease spot prices South Texas are?? - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise  |   Follow:

Go Back   2CoolFishing > Hunting and Shooting Forums > Hunting Board

Old 07-28-2009, 07:56 AM
Banned

blackhogdog has been promoted to Pirateblackhogdog has been promoted to Pirateblackhogdog has been promoted to Pirateblackhogdog has been promoted to Pirateblackhogdog has been promoted to Pirateblackhogdog has been promoted to Pirateblackhogdog has been promoted to Pirateblackhogdog has been promoted to Pirateblackhogdog has been promoted to Pirateblackhogdog has been promoted to Pirateblackhogdog has been promoted to Pirate
Hunting lease spot prices South Texas are??

Looking for a year round or season only gun spot on a quality low fence operation in San Patrico, Refugio, Bee, McMullen or Live Oak county. I like to buy lots of protein and have my own 15' batwing brush shredder and armored tractor, would join an exsisting group or lease a big 500 pasture so I could hunt by myself, I was thinking $3500 to $5000 was the going rate on a large ranch with 140 inch deer and up?? Have prices gone up or stayed the same or down, my ranch is selling just found out......Thanks
Old 07-28-2009, 08:19 AM
Snow Goose & Spoony Nightmare

DUKFVR has been promoted to PirateDUKFVR has been promoted to PirateDUKFVR has been promoted to PirateDUKFVR has been promoted to PirateDUKFVR has been promoted to PirateDUKFVR has been promoted to PirateDUKFVR has been promoted to PirateDUKFVR has been promoted to PirateDUKFVR has been promoted to PirateDUKFVR has been promoted to PirateDUKFVR has been promoted to Pirate
They start at about 5000 & go up from there. Most start more than that for a Good Quality lease.
Old 07-28-2009, 08:32 AM
Registered Users-pm+

CHARLIE has disabled reputation
This price for gun thing is misleading. It should be per acre.. And the average for a lease in south Texas probably is near $15 bucks an acre.

Charlie
Old 07-28-2009, 09:06 AM
Democrat was not always a curse word!

Slightly Dangerous has been promoted to PirateSlightly Dangerous has been promoted to PirateSlightly Dangerous has been promoted to PirateSlightly Dangerous has been promoted to PirateSlightly Dangerous has been promoted to PirateSlightly Dangerous has been promoted to PirateSlightly Dangerous has been promoted to PirateSlightly Dangerous has been promoted to PirateSlightly Dangerous has been promoted to PirateSlightly Dangerous has been promoted to PirateSlightly Dangerous has been promoted to Pirate
That's what it should be Charlie but times are really changing fast (to our dismay). 500 acres in ST will put 5 hunters in the field. Land owners today are running 1 hunter per 100 acres in ST and 1 hunter per 50 acres in the Hill Country. Out west it is closer to 1 hunter per 200 acres or more. That 500 acre South Texas lease would likely go for $1800 to $3000 per gun for a total of $18 to $30 per acre for a low fence operation.

There are certainly some good deals to be had but a person had better lock them in because word is getting around fast. A lot of hunters that lease in Texas are from other states and more than willing to pay those exorbitant fees. I have one lease in Kerr County where all 3 ranches surrounding it have hunters from the east coast while mine has a group from Oregon. So far it doesn't seem that the economy has made a dent in demand. If anything the Texas hunters who drop a lease due to high cost are quickly replaced by out-of-state hunters. Those TV shows have done a great job for the land owners.
Old 07-28-2009, 01:31 PM
Registered Users-pm+

I know times are changing but heck when the land owner doesent care about his deer and puts lots of guns on it there is no way the lease is going to be worth a darn. To me that is what is now taking place. Its well "its only XXX per gun" but how many guns? Wayyy too many. IMHO which doesent mean nothing.

Charlie
Old 07-29-2009, 06:28 AM
W.W.

wet dreams has been promoted to Piratewet dreams has been promoted to Piratewet dreams has been promoted to Piratewet dreams has been promoted to Piratewet dreams has been promoted to Piratewet dreams has been promoted to Piratewet dreams has been promoted to Piratewet dreams has been promoted to Piratewet dreams has been promoted to Piratewet dreams has been promoted to Piratewet dreams has been promoted to Pirate
I thought it was only E Texas leases that put 1 gun per 100, 1 gun per 50 acres is rediculus. Its 7+ per acre here, some go for 12 around the Toledo Rayburn area. I recently turned down 1700 acres in SE Tex @7$ per due to HOG infestation...WW
Old 07-29-2009, 01:45 PM
Banned

blackhogdog has been promoted to Pirateblackhogdog has been promoted to Pirateblackhogdog has been promoted to Pirateblackhogdog has been promoted to Pirateblackhogdog has been promoted to Pirateblackhogdog has been promoted to Pirateblackhogdog has been promoted to Pirateblackhogdog has been promoted to Pirateblackhogdog has been promoted to Pirateblackhogdog has been promoted to Pirateblackhogdog has been promoted to Pirate
Thats why I need at least 500 to 1000 acres!!

My deer rifle shoots over a mile and i dont want to be shot by some dimwit next door where a 50 acre day hunt overhunting operation is going on, needs to be a good and large area where there is conservative Trophy deer management that has and is producing quailty trophy deer year after year, as I well know the deer lease is only as good as the time and money and management put into it, the days of finding a honey hole that has never been hunted and has Mossheads dying of old age that never saw a human has been over for 30 years. By the gun means to me that the landowner is only allowing 1 trophy deer per 500 to 1000 acres and a management deer and whatever if any does, plus the ranch shares 50/50 in Puriena Antlermax costs of around 3/4 of a pound for 270 days per deer where there is a reputable deer survey done by someone acceptable to both parties. I have my own feedstore feedtruck with 15,000 box and auger to buy in bulk to save money and my back!!! Anyplace like this is prob not open and has a list to get on but i have to start somewhere, I been thinking the ranch i was on was never going to sale but ya cant figure Texas landowners now days!
Old 07-29-2009, 02:02 PM
Registered Users-pm+

Blackhogdog

You state,
By the gun means to me that the landowner is only allowing 1 trophy deer per 500 to 1000 acres and a management deer .

I am confused. Most by the gun leases allow way too many guns and never mention the price per acre. By the acre leases normally quote the price per acre and state how many hunters(guns) and state what type and how many deer can be taken on the total lease. Like 2500 acres at XX per acre and 5 hunters etc. Everything elese you state I agree with totally.

Charlie
Old 07-29-2009, 10:04 PM

Lezz Go has been promoted to PirateLezz Go has been promoted to PirateLezz Go has been promoted to PirateLezz Go has been promoted to PirateLezz Go has been promoted to PirateLezz Go has been promoted to PirateLezz Go has been promoted to PirateLezz Go has been promoted to PirateLezz Go has been promoted to PirateLezz Go has been promoted to PirateLezz Go has been promoted to Pirate
Africa anyone?
Old 07-29-2009, 10:39 PM
Registered Users-pm+

KevinA has been promoted to PirateKevinA has been promoted to PirateKevinA has been promoted to PirateKevinA has been promoted to PirateKevinA has been promoted to PirateKevinA has been promoted to PirateKevinA has been promoted to PirateKevinA has been promoted to PirateKevinA has been promoted to PirateKevinA has been promoted to PirateKevinA has been promoted to Pirate
there are deals if you look long and hard and get lucky.

I know of a high fence place in freer that just filled up but its like 6000 acres w/10 hunters for 10.00 per acre or 6000.00 per gun.

heavily managed w/mandatory helicopter surveys and a 5.5 yr minimum on trophies.

shoot a good deer any younger and you will be packing your things, but there are some 160/170 class deer taken almost every year.

if you want quality deer it almost has to be this way or everything gets shot before full maturity.