can I legally take a four wheeler to the beach? - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:

Go Back   2CoolFishing > TTMB

Notices

Old 07-26-2004, 11:05 PM
Banned

JettyJumper is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
can I legally take a four wheeler to the beach?

Last time I went I saw the park rangers ridin four-wheelers along the beach at PINS. can I take mine down there to ride around... not to go in the dunes but just on the beach? .......JJ
Old 07-26-2004, 11:21 PM
Registered Users-pm+

steve_m has been promoted to the rank of Bosunsteve_m has been promoted to the rank of Bosunsteve_m has been promoted to the rank of Bosunsteve_m has been promoted to the rank of Bosunsteve_m has been promoted to the rank of Bosunsteve_m has been promoted to the rank of Bosunsteve_m has been promoted to the rank of Bosunsteve_m has been promoted to the rank of Bosunsteve_m has been promoted to the rank of Bosunsteve_m has been promoted to the rank of Bosunsteve_m has been promoted to the rank of Bosun
NO. I looked into this and the answer appears to be negative. Vehicles in public places must be 'street legal'
Old 07-26-2004, 11:24 PM
Banned

well fooie! i guess im bike bound now...thanx steve for the answer...JJ
Old 07-27-2004, 07:26 AM
Genesis 9:2-3 & Deuteronomy 12:15-16

InfamousJ has been promoted to PirateInfamousJ has been promoted to PirateInfamousJ has been promoted to PirateInfamousJ has been promoted to PirateInfamousJ has been promoted to PirateInfamousJ has been promoted to PirateInfamousJ has been promoted to PirateInfamousJ has been promoted to PirateInfamousJ has been promoted to PirateInfamousJ has been promoted to PirateInfamousJ has been promoted to Pirate
Street legal golf cart would work.
Old 07-27-2004, 08:14 AM
Registered Users-pm+

Jeff_S has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Jeff_S has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Jeff_S has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Jeff_S has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Jeff_S has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Jeff_S has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Jeff_S has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Jeff_S has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Jeff_S has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Jeff_S has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Jeff_S has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)
You might be able to. A DPS officer friend of mine said they passed a law last year that you can ride four wheelers on public roadways, but you must have a slow moving vehicle tiangle on it like tractors use. Look it up. Most people don't know about this law yet.
Old 07-27-2004, 08:35 AM
Just an old ?

Galveston Yankee has disabled reputation
Gotta remember that the beaches are actually part of the State road system. Galveston County will issue a license plate to a golf cart if the owner puts the slow moving vehicle triangle and the appropriate lights on one. Don't know if that applies to all counties, though.

DPS might be able to fill you in on exactly what it is you will need.

Also, remember that the State speed limit on the beaches is 15 mph. Can't go zipping along at 40+ mph like you can on private property (even though it's pretty darn good fun!). Could get you a pretty hefty ticket should a law enforcement type actually be there and decide to pursue the matter.

Good luck finding out and have fun!

GY
Old 07-27-2004, 09:56 AM
Genesis 9:2-3 & Deuteronomy 12:15-16

InfamousJ has been promoted to PirateInfamousJ has been promoted to PirateInfamousJ has been promoted to PirateInfamousJ has been promoted to PirateInfamousJ has been promoted to PirateInfamousJ has been promoted to PirateInfamousJ has been promoted to PirateInfamousJ has been promoted to PirateInfamousJ has been promoted to PirateInfamousJ has been promoted to PirateInfamousJ has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galveston Yankee
Galveston County will issue a license plate to a golf cart if the owner puts the slow moving vehicle triangle and the appropriate lights on one.
I've always known that if a vehicle has a triangle on it that a license is not required. Tractors can drive right through town if they want as long as that sign is on back. My uncle has done just that. At minimum headlights are needed. You can signal with your arms out the side if turning or braking. I am to lazy to look up the law so not sure if I am 100% right.
Old 07-27-2004, 10:02 AM
Banned

just a thought but why would I need blinkers? its just a long straight away at the beach. correct me if I am wrong. .... JJ
Old 07-27-2004, 10:17 AM
Founder

Mont has been promoted to PirateMont has been promoted to PirateMont has been promoted to PirateMont has been promoted to PirateMont has been promoted to PirateMont has been promoted to PirateMont has been promoted to PirateMont has been promoted to PirateMont has been promoted to PirateMont has been promoted to PirateMont has been promoted to Pirate
J, it's 4 way flashers and a big triangle for tractors. I ran into a guy in Austin a long time ago that went to all the trouble to get a 3 wheeler street legal. It was a sight to see him heading down the road. That was before 4 wheelers even existed.
Old 07-27-2004, 10:20 AM
Don't bro me unless you know me

MEGABITE has been promoted to PirateMEGABITE has been promoted to PirateMEGABITE has been promoted to PirateMEGABITE has been promoted to PirateMEGABITE has been promoted to PirateMEGABITE has been promoted to PirateMEGABITE has been promoted to PirateMEGABITE has been promoted to PirateMEGABITE has been promoted to PirateMEGABITE has been promoted to PirateMEGABITE has been promoted to Pirate
Here's something for you to peruse, JJ.

http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/ftp/forms/MSB26ATVLaws.pdf

MEGABITE