Reel Cleaning Houston - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:

Go Back   2CoolFishing > TTMB

Notices

Old 04-22-2009, 02:15 PM
Registered Users-pm+

TexChef has been promoted to the rank of SwabbieTexChef has been promoted to the rank of SwabbieTexChef has been promoted to the rank of SwabbieTexChef has been promoted to the rank of SwabbieTexChef has been promoted to the rank of SwabbieTexChef has been promoted to the rank of SwabbieTexChef has been promoted to the rank of SwabbieTexChef has been promoted to the rank of SwabbieTexChef has been promoted to the rank of SwabbieTexChef has been promoted to the rank of SwabbieTexChef has been promoted to the rank of Swabbie
Question Reel Cleaning Houston

Looking for any input on reel cleaning services in Houston. I live in the downtown area, and I am looking for a good real cleaning place. I did a search and all I could find info on was some Academy stores offer to clean them, it takes a week I beleive and cost $22 a reel. Just seeing if there is a better option.
Thanks
Old 04-22-2009, 02:32 PM
Registered Users-pm+

frank n texas has been promoted to Piratefrank n texas has been promoted to Piratefrank n texas has been promoted to Piratefrank n texas has been promoted to Piratefrank n texas has been promoted to Piratefrank n texas has been promoted to Piratefrank n texas has been promoted to Piratefrank n texas has been promoted to Piratefrank n texas has been promoted to Piratefrank n texas has been promoted to Piratefrank n texas has been promoted to Pirate
Speak to a member on this board by the name of 'dipsay"
This fellow cleans reels like he is working on a Rolex watch.
He incorporates other than factory bearings and makes them cast forever distances...Very good rates and very fast turnaround...713-412-1769
Old 04-22-2009, 03:04 PM
Registered Users-pm+

DCW has been promoted to PirateDCW has been promoted to PirateDCW has been promoted to PirateDCW has been promoted to PirateDCW has been promoted to PirateDCW has been promoted to PirateDCW has been promoted to PirateDCW has been promoted to PirateDCW has been promoted to PirateDCW has been promoted to PirateDCW has been promoted to Pirate
Dipsay is the one I would use. He treats every reel like it was his very own.
Old 04-23-2009, 01:24 PM
Now Online! www.PiratesCoveCondos.com

PiratesCove is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)PiratesCove is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)PiratesCove is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)PiratesCove is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
TexChef...I am in the same boat as you. I had four of my Shimano reels go under during Ike. I washed in clean water after the storm but then forgot to break them down and give them a good oiling. Needless to say they are no where near peak performance.
I took them to the Academy in Pearland and person they have cleaning the reels wanted to charge me $72 (ea) on the Cuardo's and $48 (ea) on the Citica's. I opted out of his service and went online to (www.mikesreelrepair.com) and ordered new bearing, oil, etc. Total of $55.00 worth of stuff. Even if I totally screw them up during this process...I will at least have some kind of warranty on the new reel I would have to buy!
Old 04-23-2009, 01:33 PM
Registered Users-pm+

Crispito has been promoted to the rank of RiggerCrispito has been promoted to the rank of RiggerCrispito has been promoted to the rank of RiggerCrispito has been promoted to the rank of RiggerCrispito has been promoted to the rank of RiggerCrispito has been promoted to the rank of RiggerCrispito has been promoted to the rank of RiggerCrispito has been promoted to the rank of RiggerCrispito has been promoted to the rank of RiggerCrispito has been promoted to the rank of RiggerCrispito has been promoted to the rank of Rigger
Mike in Friendswood does good work (2cooler)

Also you have Fishing Tackle Unlimited ( I jus had 2 reels serviced there) turn around was about 4wks.
Old 04-23-2009, 01:57 PM
Registered Users-pm+

warlock has been promoted to Piratewarlock has been promoted to Piratewarlock has been promoted to Piratewarlock has been promoted to Piratewarlock has been promoted to Piratewarlock has been promoted to Piratewarlock has been promoted to Piratewarlock has been promoted to Piratewarlock has been promoted to Piratewarlock has been promoted to Piratewarlock has been promoted to Pirate
Yesterday it was five weeks...I took them back home...
Old 04-23-2009, 02:20 PM
Team BFA

Pete Rose is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)Pete Rose is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)Pete Rose is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)Pete Rose is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)Pete Rose is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)Pete Rose is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)Pete Rose is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)Pete Rose is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)Pete Rose is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)Pete Rose is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)Pete Rose is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)

Do not take them to FTU if you plan on fishing this Summer! The guys that work there don't even bother leaving them there. Any of the 2 above will do the work in a few days for a lot less money.
Old 04-23-2009, 02:54 PM
Life is good on the bayou..

EndTuition has been promoted to PirateEndTuition has been promoted to PirateEndTuition has been promoted to PirateEndTuition has been promoted to PirateEndTuition has been promoted to PirateEndTuition has been promoted to PirateEndTuition has been promoted to PirateEndTuition has been promoted to PirateEndTuition has been promoted to PirateEndTuition has been promoted to PirateEndTuition has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete Rose View Post

Do not take them to FTU if you plan on fishing this Summer! The guys that work there don't even bother leaving them there. Any of the 2 above will do the work in a few days for a lot less money.
I buy parts from them. I would not leave a reel with them however.
Nice guys and they know their stuff, but it's hard to make money at it and they are staffed accordingly.
Old 04-23-2009, 03:10 PM
Registered Users-pm+

apslp has been promoted to Pirateapslp has been promoted to Pirateapslp has been promoted to Pirateapslp has been promoted to Pirateapslp has been promoted to Pirateapslp has been promoted to Pirateapslp has been promoted to Pirateapslp has been promoted to Pirateapslp has been promoted to Pirateapslp has been promoted to Pirateapslp has been promoted to Pirate
If you are on the northside of Houston you can use JB ant the Tackle Hut.
He does great work for a good price and quick turnaround. Call him before you go. I think he is closed on Sun/Mon.
http://www.fishinglights.com/fishing...Tackle-Hut.htm
Old 04-23-2009, 10:27 PM
Standing on a Whale fishing for Minnows

Captain Dave has been promoted to PirateCaptain Dave has been promoted to PirateCaptain Dave has been promoted to PirateCaptain Dave has been promoted to PirateCaptain Dave has been promoted to PirateCaptain Dave has been promoted to PirateCaptain Dave has been promoted to PirateCaptain Dave has been promoted to PirateCaptain Dave has been promoted to PirateCaptain Dave has been promoted to PirateCaptain Dave has been promoted to Pirate
Acad. Picks um up on Tuesday... One week no worry..no SHIPPING....

What are the prices for the others mentioned ? They dont come to your door. Shiiping back / forth at least 10 bucks.. Almost half the price to do the reel.

They probally do great work, but rememeber the $. I do all my small reels and leave the complicated larger reels to the experts..