Pork skins / Cracklins - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:

Go Back   2CoolFishing > TTMB

Notices

Old 01-21-2008, 09:00 PM   #1
kdubya
Member..Whats wrong with my member

kdubya has been promoted to Piratekdubya has been promoted to Piratekdubya has been promoted to Piratekdubya has been promoted to Piratekdubya has been promoted to Piratekdubya has been promoted to Piratekdubya has been promoted to Piratekdubya has been promoted to Piratekdubya has been promoted to Piratekdubya has been promoted to Piratekdubya has been promoted to Pirate
Pork skins / Cracklins

I'm looking for some old school crackins/pork skins, whatever your term is, anywhere around Richmond/Rosenberg.

Mass produced "Lance's" etc. just dont do it.

I want some jaw breaking pork fat goodness from some hole in the wall producer.

Kelly
kdubya is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-21-2008, 09:41 PM   #2
StinkBait
Registered Users-pm+

StinkBait has been promoted to PirateStinkBait has been promoted to PirateStinkBait has been promoted to PirateStinkBait has been promoted to PirateStinkBait has been promoted to PirateStinkBait has been promoted to PirateStinkBait has been promoted to PirateStinkBait has been promoted to PirateStinkBait has been promoted to PirateStinkBait has been promoted to PirateStinkBait has been promoted to Pirate
Not hole in the wall producer but try Kroger's/Randall's/Brookshire Bros. They all sell a couple of brands that come in a yellow styrofoam boat (like meat) and they have clear wrap on them. They aren't half bad considering they come from a g-store. I bought some at Fiesta Saturday that dang near cracked my teeth.

The ones I am suggesting are nothing like the Lances/Baco-net junk.
StinkBait is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-21-2008, 09:45 PM   #3
Trout Wrangler
Registered Users-pm+

Trout Wrangler has been promoted to PirateTrout Wrangler has been promoted to PirateTrout Wrangler has been promoted to PirateTrout Wrangler has been promoted to PirateTrout Wrangler has been promoted to PirateTrout Wrangler has been promoted to PirateTrout Wrangler has been promoted to PirateTrout Wrangler has been promoted to PirateTrout Wrangler has been promoted to PirateTrout Wrangler has been promoted to PirateTrout Wrangler has been promoted to Pirate
I know just the place, it's only about 240 miles east of here in Scott, LA called Best Stop. The best cracklin and boudin we have ever had!
Trout Wrangler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-21-2008, 09:52 PM   #4
kdubya
Member..Whats wrong with my member

kdubya has been promoted to Piratekdubya has been promoted to Piratekdubya has been promoted to Piratekdubya has been promoted to Piratekdubya has been promoted to Piratekdubya has been promoted to Piratekdubya has been promoted to Piratekdubya has been promoted to Piratekdubya has been promoted to Piratekdubya has been promoted to Piratekdubya has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by StinkBait
Not hole in the wall producer but try Kroger's/Randall's/Brookshire Bros. They all sell a couple of brands that come in a yellow styrofoam boat (like meat) and they have clear wrap on them. They aren't half bad considering they come from a g-store. I bought some at Fiesta Saturday that dang near cracked my teeth.

The ones I am suggesting are nothing like the Lances/Baco-net junk.
Ahh, I have seen those. I'll give a look see.

Didnt think about Fiesta, they have a lot of foods not normally found at other chains.

Kelly
kdubya is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-21-2008, 09:56 PM   #5
Profish00
Gone Fishing

Profish00 has been promoted to PirateProfish00 has been promoted to PirateProfish00 has been promoted to PirateProfish00 has been promoted to PirateProfish00 has been promoted to PirateProfish00 has been promoted to PirateProfish00 has been promoted to PirateProfish00 has been promoted to PirateProfish00 has been promoted to PirateProfish00 has been promoted to PirateProfish00 has been promoted to Pirate
Ames Texas, Hwy 90 and 160 little blue gas station. Just outside of Liberty
Profish00 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-21-2008, 09:56 PM   #6
StinkBait
Registered Users-pm+

StinkBait has been promoted to PirateStinkBait has been promoted to PirateStinkBait has been promoted to PirateStinkBait has been promoted to PirateStinkBait has been promoted to PirateStinkBait has been promoted to PirateStinkBait has been promoted to PirateStinkBait has been promoted to PirateStinkBait has been promoted to PirateStinkBait has been promoted to PirateStinkBait has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdubya
Ahh, I have seen those. I'll give a look see.

Didnt think about Fiesta, they have a lot of foods not normally found at other chains.

Kelly
At Kroger's they are sometimes in the cooler near the breakfast meats, salsa's etc. and sometimes they are out in the open, like on the side of an end camp somewhere near the meat market. At Brookshire Bros they were with the tortillas
StinkBait is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-21-2008, 10:07 PM   #7
texan52
Registered Users-pm+

texan52 has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)texan52 has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)texan52 has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)texan52 has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)texan52 has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)texan52 has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)texan52 has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)texan52 has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)texan52 has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)texan52 has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)texan52 has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)
Al T's Winnie Texas are the real thing
texan52 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-21-2008, 10:15 PM   #8
roundman
" TEXAS TILL I DIE "

roundman has been promoted to Pirateroundman has been promoted to Pirateroundman has been promoted to Pirateroundman has been promoted to Pirateroundman has been promoted to Pirateroundman has been promoted to Pirateroundman has been promoted to Pirateroundman has been promoted to Pirateroundman has been promoted to Pirateroundman has been promoted to Pirateroundman has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trout Wrangler
I know just the place, it's only about 240 miles east of here in Scott, LA called Best Stop. The best cracklin and boudin we have ever had!
best is good , best ive found in la. is chops in broussard, A++++ , for boudin, look up boudinlink.com if you wanna try them all !!
roundman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-21-2008, 10:19 PM   #9
wisslbritches
Fishmoore & Doolittle, Retirement Clubs

wisslbritches has been promoted to Piratewisslbritches has been promoted to Piratewisslbritches has been promoted to Piratewisslbritches has been promoted to Piratewisslbritches has been promoted to Piratewisslbritches has been promoted to Piratewisslbritches has been promoted to Piratewisslbritches has been promoted to Piratewisslbritches has been promoted to Piratewisslbritches has been promoted to Piratewisslbritches has been promoted to Pirate
I see them at the mexican meat markets but never tried them there. They're ussually on top of the meat counter staying warm under a heat lamp.

Mac's from Kroger is pretty good as far as bagged goes. Home style with attached skin. Gotta like the "Attached Skin".
wisslbritches is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-21-2008, 10:39 PM   #10
Pocboy
Registered Users-pm+

Pocboy has been promoted to PiratePocboy has been promoted to PiratePocboy has been promoted to PiratePocboy has been promoted to PiratePocboy has been promoted to PiratePocboy has been promoted to PiratePocboy has been promoted to PiratePocboy has been promoted to PiratePocboy has been promoted to PiratePocboy has been promoted to PiratePocboy has been promoted to Pirate
Saw a Dirty Jobs episode where he was helping make those and they looked really good.
Pocboy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message