How to get rid of crayfish/crawfish in yard - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:

Go Back   2CoolFishing > TTMB

Notices

Old 05-15-2007, 09:18 AM   #1
chucked
Registered Users-pm+

chucked has been promoted to the rank of Privateerchucked has been promoted to the rank of Privateerchucked has been promoted to the rank of Privateerchucked has been promoted to the rank of Privateerchucked has been promoted to the rank of Privateerchucked has been promoted to the rank of Privateerchucked has been promoted to the rank of Privateerchucked has been promoted to the rank of Privateerchucked has been promoted to the rank of Privateerchucked has been promoted to the rank of Privateerchucked has been promoted to the rank of Privateer
How to get rid of crayfish/crawfish in yard

I know they are there because of the water level in our backyard. If I dig up one of the holes - I get a lot of water 6" or more down. I've tried putting mothballs in their holes - but they just move to another hole. My back yard is not that big - maybe ~100' x 40' give or take and there are probably 2-3 dozen mounds. It's definitely crawfish, as my son and I have dug some of them up. The odd thing is that there isn't a creek or anything near by - a ditch that only has water after a heave rain is maybe 200-300' away. I was think about buying some 12" plastic or metal edging and installing it 8" in the ground around the yard. But, how do I kill the ones there now? I've mixed up seven and poured down the holes but that didnt seem to help. I don't really want to dig them up - as I usually don't find them - even after digging 2' deep and don't want to tear the yard up any more.
chucked is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-15-2007, 09:23 AM   #2
ShadMan
Somewhere Between Insanity and Texas

ShadMan has been promoted to PirateShadMan has been promoted to PirateShadMan has been promoted to PirateShadMan has been promoted to PirateShadMan has been promoted to PirateShadMan has been promoted to PirateShadMan has been promoted to PirateShadMan has been promoted to PirateShadMan has been promoted to PirateShadMan has been promoted to PirateShadMan has been promoted to Pirate
Bacon.
ShadMan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-15-2007, 09:23 AM   #3
Soapeddler
"Wizards begin as blacksmiths"

Soapeddler has been promoted to PirateSoapeddler has been promoted to PirateSoapeddler has been promoted to PirateSoapeddler has been promoted to PirateSoapeddler has been promoted to PirateSoapeddler has been promoted to PirateSoapeddler has been promoted to PirateSoapeddler has been promoted to PirateSoapeddler has been promoted to PirateSoapeddler has been promoted to PirateSoapeddler has been promoted to Pirate
Uhhhh, I think Zatarain's has a good remedy for this problem...

http://www.zatarain.com/recipes/reci...oiled_Crawfish
Soapeddler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-15-2007, 09:23 AM   #4
flatsfats
Grand Master of Thread Kill

flatsfats has been promoted to Pirateflatsfats has been promoted to Pirateflatsfats has been promoted to Pirateflatsfats has been promoted to Pirateflatsfats has been promoted to Pirateflatsfats has been promoted to Pirateflatsfats has been promoted to Pirateflatsfats has been promoted to Pirateflatsfats has been promoted to Pirateflatsfats has been promoted to Pirateflatsfats has been promoted to Pirate
give the kid a piece of bacon and a bucket. when he gets a bucket full take him fishing.
flatsfats is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-15-2007, 09:32 AM   #5
chucked
Registered Users-pm+

chucked has been promoted to the rank of Privateerchucked has been promoted to the rank of Privateerchucked has been promoted to the rank of Privateerchucked has been promoted to the rank of Privateerchucked has been promoted to the rank of Privateerchucked has been promoted to the rank of Privateerchucked has been promoted to the rank of Privateerchucked has been promoted to the rank of Privateerchucked has been promoted to the rank of Privateerchucked has been promoted to the rank of Privateerchucked has been promoted to the rank of Privateer
will they come out of the holes pretty quickly with the bacon?
chucked is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-15-2007, 09:38 AM   #6
flatsfats
Grand Master of Thread Kill

flatsfats has been promoted to Pirateflatsfats has been promoted to Pirateflatsfats has been promoted to Pirateflatsfats has been promoted to Pirateflatsfats has been promoted to Pirateflatsfats has been promoted to Pirateflatsfats has been promoted to Pirateflatsfats has been promoted to Pirateflatsfats has been promoted to Pirateflatsfats has been promoted to Pirateflatsfats has been promoted to Pirate
put a piece of bacon on a string. drop it down the hole and give him a minute to grab it. slowly pull up on the string. just like crabbing.

if your son is young enough it will keep him occupied for hours and teach patience. i put in several hours messing with them when i was a kid.

if you want a quick fix just pour an ounce of bleach down the hole.
flatsfats is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-15-2007, 09:40 AM   #7
Mrschasintail
Registered Users-pm+

Mrschasintail has been promoted to PirateMrschasintail has been promoted to PirateMrschasintail has been promoted to PirateMrschasintail has been promoted to PirateMrschasintail has been promoted to PirateMrschasintail has been promoted to PirateMrschasintail has been promoted to PirateMrschasintail has been promoted to PirateMrschasintail has been promoted to PirateMrschasintail has been promoted to PirateMrschasintail has been promoted to Pirate
You can't get rid of them til you fix the drainage problem. they will just come back.
Mrschasintail is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-15-2007, 09:56 AM   #8
rangerjohn
Registered Users-pm+

rangerjohn has been promoted to Piraterangerjohn has been promoted to Piraterangerjohn has been promoted to Piraterangerjohn has been promoted to Piraterangerjohn has been promoted to Piraterangerjohn has been promoted to Piraterangerjohn has been promoted to Piraterangerjohn has been promoted to Piraterangerjohn has been promoted to Piraterangerjohn has been promoted to Piraterangerjohn has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrschasintail
You can't get rid of them til you fix the drainage problem. they will just come back.
you have 2 choices the bacon trick after every rain or fix the drainage issues.
rangerjohn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-15-2007, 09:57 AM   #9
will_spear4food
Registered Users-pm+

will_spear4food is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)will_spear4food is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)will_spear4food is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)will_spear4food is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)will_spear4food is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)will_spear4food is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)will_spear4food is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)will_spear4food is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)will_spear4food is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)will_spear4food is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)will_spear4food is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
I think it's bacon first... then Zatarains...
will_spear4food is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-15-2007, 10:23 AM   #10
tmcmahon
Banned

tmcmahon is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)tmcmahon is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)tmcmahon is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)tmcmahon is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)tmcmahon is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)tmcmahon is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)tmcmahon is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)tmcmahon is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)tmcmahon is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)tmcmahon is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)tmcmahon is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
tmcmahon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message