Right heigth for deer blind windows - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise  |   Follow:

Go Back   2CoolFishing > Hunting and Shooting Forums > Hunting Board

Old 08-18-2008, 06:25 PM
Registered Users-pm+

kenforu has been promoted to the rank of Riggerkenforu has been promoted to the rank of Riggerkenforu has been promoted to the rank of Riggerkenforu has been promoted to the rank of Riggerkenforu has been promoted to the rank of Riggerkenforu has been promoted to the rank of Riggerkenforu has been promoted to the rank of Riggerkenforu has been promoted to the rank of Riggerkenforu has been promoted to the rank of Riggerkenforu has been promoted to the rank of Riggerkenforu has been promoted to the rank of Rigger
Right heigth for deer blind windows

What is the heigth that the windows should be from the floor to the bottom of the window? also how big do you make your windows height, width and length.
Old 08-18-2008, 06:30 PM
Headhunter...Fishhunter.. .Deerhunter...

garrettryan has been promoted to Pirategarrettryan has been promoted to Pirategarrettryan has been promoted to Pirategarrettryan has been promoted to Pirategarrettryan has been promoted to Pirategarrettryan has been promoted to Pirategarrettryan has been promoted to Pirategarrettryan has been promoted to Pirategarrettryan has been promoted to Pirategarrettryan has been promoted to Pirategarrettryan has been promoted to Pirate
I make my windows 44" off the floor.. but it is all preference and how tall you are, how tall your chair is. I make them as wide and big as possible. usually 30" by 18" but sometimes smaller, depends on the box etc.
Old 08-18-2008, 06:30 PM
Headhunter...Fishhunter.. .Deerhunter...

garrettryan has been promoted to Pirategarrettryan has been promoted to Pirategarrettryan has been promoted to Pirategarrettryan has been promoted to Pirategarrettryan has been promoted to Pirategarrettryan has been promoted to Pirategarrettryan has been promoted to Pirategarrettryan has been promoted to Pirategarrettryan has been promoted to Pirategarrettryan has been promoted to Pirategarrettryan has been promoted to Pirate
oh and I build them all upside down as you can tell.. so you might not want to trust my measurements.
Old 08-18-2008, 06:37 PM
Registered Users-pm+

2GOOD has been promoted to the rank of Privateer2GOOD has been promoted to the rank of Privateer2GOOD has been promoted to the rank of Privateer2GOOD has been promoted to the rank of Privateer2GOOD has been promoted to the rank of Privateer2GOOD has been promoted to the rank of Privateer2GOOD has been promoted to the rank of Privateer2GOOD has been promoted to the rank of Privateer2GOOD has been promoted to the rank of Privateer2GOOD has been promoted to the rank of Privateer2GOOD has been promoted to the rank of Privateer
Kinda depends on your personnal preference and body size. I cut mine at 42" from floor with a height and width of 10"x 20" for a 4x4 box blind. On the 4x6 box, I will cut the 6 ft side windows 10"x30". Home depot will cut the plexiglass for you and they sell pre-cut pieces generally in 12"xwhatever.
Old 08-18-2008, 07:10 PM
Registered Users-pm+

shanegair has been promoted to the rank of Swabbieshanegair has been promoted to the rank of Swabbieshanegair has been promoted to the rank of Swabbieshanegair has been promoted to the rank of Swabbieshanegair has been promoted to the rank of Swabbieshanegair has been promoted to the rank of Swabbieshanegair has been promoted to the rank of Swabbieshanegair has been promoted to the rank of Swabbieshanegair has been promoted to the rank of Swabbieshanegair has been promoted to the rank of Swabbieshanegair has been promoted to the rank of Swabbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by garrettryan
oh and I build them all upside down as you can tell.. so you might not want to trust my measurements.
hahaha
Old 08-18-2008, 07:16 PM
An Over 50 Victim Of Fate

Trouthunter has been promoted to PirateTrouthunter has been promoted to PirateTrouthunter has been promoted to PirateTrouthunter has been promoted to PirateTrouthunter has been promoted to PirateTrouthunter has been promoted to PirateTrouthunter has been promoted to PirateTrouthunter has been promoted to PirateTrouthunter has been promoted to PirateTrouthunter has been promoted to PirateTrouthunter has been promoted to Pirate
You cut them at a height that is right for you or whoever is hunting out of it.

TH
Old 08-18-2008, 08:13 PM
Registered Users-pm+

CHARLIE has disabled reputation
I think trouthunter hit the nail on the head. I am a tall guy and I cut my windows 42 inches high and about a 10 inch vertical opening. Some folks dont like wide windows and some do so thats all up to you. Some folks feel if the window is too big the animals can see you. Its whatever makes you happy.

Who says Garrattryan builds his stands upside down ??

Charlie
Old 08-18-2008, 09:05 PM
Registered Users-pm+

kenforu has been promoted to the rank of Riggerkenforu has been promoted to the rank of Riggerkenforu has been promoted to the rank of Riggerkenforu has been promoted to the rank of Riggerkenforu has been promoted to the rank of Riggerkenforu has been promoted to the rank of Riggerkenforu has been promoted to the rank of Riggerkenforu has been promoted to the rank of Riggerkenforu has been promoted to the rank of Riggerkenforu has been promoted to the rank of Riggerkenforu has been promoted to the rank of Rigger
Thanks the blind will be used by several family members that range from me 6'1" and my wife 5'3" that is why I am trying to get a good balance it will be a tower about 12' to the bottom and 15' to eye level.
Old 08-18-2008, 09:08 PM
Funk SHOAL Brutha

Haute Pursuit has been promoted to PirateHaute Pursuit has been promoted to PirateHaute Pursuit has been promoted to PirateHaute Pursuit has been promoted to PirateHaute Pursuit has been promoted to PirateHaute Pursuit has been promoted to PirateHaute Pursuit has been promoted to PirateHaute Pursuit has been promoted to PirateHaute Pursuit has been promoted to PirateHaute Pursuit has been promoted to PirateHaute Pursuit has been promoted to Pirate
Anywhere around 40-42" and you should be good. You can skrunch down to make a shot in your chair but it ain't easy to hover over it and shoot if the window is too high.
Old 08-18-2008, 09:23 PM
Registered Users-pm+

mickey839 has been promoted to the rank of Bosunmickey839 has been promoted to the rank of Bosunmickey839 has been promoted to the rank of Bosunmickey839 has been promoted to the rank of Bosunmickey839 has been promoted to the rank of Bosunmickey839 has been promoted to the rank of Bosunmickey839 has been promoted to the rank of Bosunmickey839 has been promoted to the rank of Bosunmickey839 has been promoted to the rank of Bosunmickey839 has been promoted to the rank of Bosunmickey839 has been promoted to the rank of Bosun
I made a new blind last year. I'm 5'11" and cut mine at 39" tall and 9"x22" (height and width). It works well for me and my 11 y/o daughter both. I have old computer desk chairs in my stand that adjust up and down which make it possible for anyone hunting out of it to adjust for their preference.

Also, figure out how you want to do your windows before you decide on the height and width. I wish I would've looked around more before deciding on mine. Dickinson Feed has some nice framed, sliding and hinged plexiglass windows for a reasonable price, but I didn't find those til after I cut the holes in my stand (which ended up being too big for their windows). We used them on my dad's stand and are very pleased with them. Don't know if you live anywhere near there...