Peanuts Gang Pentecostal style - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:

Go Back   2CoolFishing > TTMB

Notices

Old 12-11-2013, 09:49 AM
Registered Users-pm+

Spirit has disabled reputation
Peanuts Gang Pentecostal style

I grew up in the Assembly of God church, a Holy Roller church. I got this in an email this morning. Thought it was too cute.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4DyresmxU8I#t=62
Old 12-12-2013, 03:25 PM
Gettin into hot water. without a hottub

TxFig has been promoted to PirateTxFig has been promoted to PirateTxFig has been promoted to PirateTxFig has been promoted to PirateTxFig has been promoted to PirateTxFig has been promoted to PirateTxFig has been promoted to PirateTxFig has been promoted to PirateTxFig has been promoted to PirateTxFig has been promoted to PirateTxFig has been promoted to Pirate
I'm ok with the music and dancing, but get a bit nervous when they bring the snakes out!
Old 12-12-2013, 04:10 PM
Registered Users-pm+

They start bringing out snakes and I'm gonna be looking for the nearest exit!! Have you ever caught me saying "Give mine to Geraldine"? Well that is off an old Wendy Bagwell cassette (told you it was old) that had a song about them playing in a church in the backwoods that handled snakes. When they offer him one he says, "Give mine to Geraldine!"

Its long but well worth the listen.

Old 12-12-2013, 04:16 PM
WHO DAT!!!!!!!!!!

coachlaw has been promoted to Piratecoachlaw has been promoted to Piratecoachlaw has been promoted to Piratecoachlaw has been promoted to Piratecoachlaw has been promoted to Piratecoachlaw has been promoted to Piratecoachlaw has been promoted to Piratecoachlaw has been promoted to Piratecoachlaw has been promoted to Piratecoachlaw has been promoted to Piratecoachlaw has been promoted to Pirate
I grew up in a Catholic/Episcopalian mixed household, so I have certain expectations of how a church service goes. Things should be reverent, respectful, and quiet unless you're singing out of the hymnal, but you're still reverent, right? LOL. How little I knew.

One night at a Mardi Gras parade I met this really cute girl. We walked, talked, held hands, and smooched. She asked me to go to church with her the next day. Man, I was over the moon for her. I walked in with her and sat with her family, they all seemed to like me just fine. I was looking into the future and seeing us hitched in 4-5 years. Then the service started. I was horrified, astonished, mortified, and when they started speaking in tongues, I thought it all had to be a joke. I began laughing my arse off. I was looking all around for the candid camera. Things did not end well. Someone should have prepared me for the spactacle that is a Pentecostal service. I'm not being disrespectful. I just had no idea that anyone did things like that in church. Broke my heart when she told me she thought I should leave NOW.
Old 12-12-2013, 04:31 PM
Registered Users-pm+

I used to invite my friends to church and I'd ask where they went to church, then I'd say, oh, you are in for a surprise!

Do you sing "I'll Fly Away"? They'd say yes, and I'd say, not like we do, you're in for a treat! Oh and if someone starts saying or shouting what sounds like jibberish, its not, and I'll try to explain it, but don't be afraid and be very quiet until it over. If you get scared, squeeze my hand lol

What seems so totally normal for me is totally abnormal to a huge chunk of the population. I attended most denominations of churches for at least a year or more - the only one that took adjusting too was the Catholic Church. I felt like a jack in the box the first 6 mo I attended morning mass! I had always been told I was Irish, but when I met Father Sweeny for the first time and he heard my name, He said, aye, I knew some C's in Ireland! But the way he pronounced my last name and the way we say it in Texas were two totally different words. I was so fascinated with the way he said our name!