Bass Hound 10.2 - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:

Go Back   2CoolFishing > Fresh water forums > Freshwater Fishing General Discussion Forum

Old 06-05-2013, 05:08 PM
Registered Users-pm+

Dtrojcak has been promoted to PirateDtrojcak has been promoted to PirateDtrojcak has been promoted to PirateDtrojcak has been promoted to PirateDtrojcak has been promoted to PirateDtrojcak has been promoted to PirateDtrojcak has been promoted to PirateDtrojcak has been promoted to PirateDtrojcak has been promoted to PirateDtrojcak has been promoted to PirateDtrojcak has been promoted to Pirate
Bass Hound 10.2

Looking for advice.
I've found a Bass Hound 10.2 for sale near me. It includes a Minn Kota TM and battery.
Any pros and cons to this boat? I would probably use it to run trot lines up on a local lake with my son.
What would be a fair price?

Thanks for any advice.
Old 06-05-2013, 06:19 PM
INFIDEL <;((((><

tbone2374 has been promoted to Piratetbone2374 has been promoted to Piratetbone2374 has been promoted to Piratetbone2374 has been promoted to Piratetbone2374 has been promoted to Piratetbone2374 has been promoted to Piratetbone2374 has been promoted to Piratetbone2374 has been promoted to Piratetbone2374 has been promoted to Piratetbone2374 has been promoted to Piratetbone2374 has been promoted to Pirate
Is that similar to the Bass Raider, or Pelican small 2 man pontoon?
Old 06-05-2013, 07:25 PM
Registered Users-pm+

katjim00 has been promoted to Piratekatjim00 has been promoted to Piratekatjim00 has been promoted to Piratekatjim00 has been promoted to Piratekatjim00 has been promoted to Piratekatjim00 has been promoted to Piratekatjim00 has been promoted to Piratekatjim00 has been promoted to Piratekatjim00 has been promoted to Piratekatjim00 has been promoted to Piratekatjim00 has been promoted to Pirate
I fished with a pelican version of that for some time. It was nice for small ponds and wind protected larger bodies of water. You sit up kind of high for running trot lines in it but I am sure you could make it work. If that is mostly what you are going to be doing I think a jon boat would suit your needs a little better.
Old 06-05-2013, 09:34 PM
Registered Users-pm+

Dtrojcak has been promoted to PirateDtrojcak has been promoted to PirateDtrojcak has been promoted to PirateDtrojcak has been promoted to PirateDtrojcak has been promoted to PirateDtrojcak has been promoted to PirateDtrojcak has been promoted to PirateDtrojcak has been promoted to PirateDtrojcak has been promoted to PirateDtrojcak has been promoted to PirateDtrojcak has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by katjim00 View Post
I fished with a pelican version of that for some time. It was nice for small ponds and wind protected larger bodies of water. You sit up kind of high for running trot lines in it but I am sure you could make it work. If that is mostly what you are going to be doing I think a jon boat would suit your needs a little better.
That's what I was thinking.
It looks like it would sit high on the water and catch a lot of wind.
I didn't think to get the model number of the motor, but it didn't seem very big.
It was sitting along the side of a highway, so I didn't get a chance to talk to the owner. It was sitting on a trailer, which I would think would be included. He had $1500 scratched out with $900 on the for sale sign.
I would much prefer a 14-16' aluminum flat bottom boat. I just figured for $900, it wouldn't be a bad price, but if it wouldn't work for my intentions, it could be hard to get rid of.
Old 06-06-2013, 06:22 PM
Registered Users-pm+

katjim00 has been promoted to Piratekatjim00 has been promoted to Piratekatjim00 has been promoted to Piratekatjim00 has been promoted to Piratekatjim00 has been promoted to Piratekatjim00 has been promoted to Piratekatjim00 has been promoted to Piratekatjim00 has been promoted to Piratekatjim00 has been promoted to Piratekatjim00 has been promoted to Piratekatjim00 has been promoted to Pirate
That is a high price I would think. The pelican 10e which is basically the same thing is 500 I think at academy. A 40 lb thrust trolling motor is 150 and a trailer I think would be about 400 maybe. I never used a trailer just slid it in the bed of the truck but a trailer would have made it easier on me. It was a chore loading it by myself but with 2 people it was a snap.
Old 06-06-2013, 08:33 PM
NEVER NEVER EVER RING THE BELL

Sunbeam has been promoted to PirateSunbeam has been promoted to PirateSunbeam has been promoted to PirateSunbeam has been promoted to PirateSunbeam has been promoted to PirateSunbeam has been promoted to PirateSunbeam has been promoted to PirateSunbeam has been promoted to PirateSunbeam has been promoted to PirateSunbeam has been promoted to PirateSunbeam has been promoted to Pirate
Go 14' jon boat. A short shaft trolling motor and big battery will let you fish all day.
You should be able to find on on a small trailer for the $900 he is asking.
You can always resell it for your money back. Those decent jon boat don't depreciate after about three years.
Old 06-07-2013, 06:23 AM
Registered Users-pm+

Garzas23 is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
I have a pelican ultima 11 wich is the exact same set up as that 10.2 I have no problems with it at all. it is actuall super stable! I have a 2.2hp mercury on it and it moves very well..