brussel sprouts - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:

Go Back   2CoolFishing > General Interest Forums > Home Gardening Forum

Old 06-05-2009, 01:08 PM
Registered Users-pm+

firedog has been promoted to Piratefiredog has been promoted to Piratefiredog has been promoted to Piratefiredog has been promoted to Piratefiredog has been promoted to Piratefiredog has been promoted to Piratefiredog has been promoted to Piratefiredog has been promoted to Piratefiredog has been promoted to Piratefiredog has been promoted to Piratefiredog has been promoted to Pirate
brussel sprouts

I keep waiting for my plants to give me some but they are so tiny. Does it take a longer season for these to grow? Just little nubs under the big leaves is all I have. firedog
Old 06-07-2009, 06:51 AM
Registered Users-pm+

firedog has been promoted to Piratefiredog has been promoted to Piratefiredog has been promoted to Piratefiredog has been promoted to Piratefiredog has been promoted to Piratefiredog has been promoted to Piratefiredog has been promoted to Piratefiredog has been promoted to Piratefiredog has been promoted to Piratefiredog has been promoted to Piratefiredog has been promoted to Pirate
If this is the place for gardening help, looks like I get none
Old 06-07-2009, 09:22 AM
Registered Users-pm+

CopanoCruisin has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)CopanoCruisin has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)CopanoCruisin has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)CopanoCruisin has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)CopanoCruisin has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)CopanoCruisin has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)CopanoCruisin has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)CopanoCruisin has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)CopanoCruisin has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)CopanoCruisin has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)CopanoCruisin has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)
Yes it does take longer, I have had better luck with them in the fall. You might try about two tablespoons of an balanced fertilers around each plant. 13-13-13 or there near abouts. water in good.
Old 06-07-2009, 09:52 AM
Registered Users-PM plus

Meadowlark has been promoted to PirateMeadowlark has been promoted to PirateMeadowlark has been promoted to PirateMeadowlark has been promoted to PirateMeadowlark has been promoted to PirateMeadowlark has been promoted to PirateMeadowlark has been promoted to PirateMeadowlark has been promoted to PirateMeadowlark has been promoted to PirateMeadowlark has been promoted to PirateMeadowlark has been promoted to Pirate
In my experience, they simply will not grow in our heat. I usually plant them in Oct. when plants become available, and let them grow all winter. Harvest in spring before night time temps get up in the 60's. We get some awesome crops of them that way. Excellent eating.
Old 06-07-2009, 09:46 PM
Registered Users-pm+

Location: usually Rockport, TX other than that we travel around the country
Travelingwithbuddy has been promoted to the rank of GunnerTravelingwithbuddy has been promoted to the rank of GunnerTravelingwithbuddy has been promoted to the rank of GunnerTravelingwithbuddy has been promoted to the rank of GunnerTravelingwithbuddy has been promoted to the rank of GunnerTravelingwithbuddy has been promoted to the rank of GunnerTravelingwithbuddy has been promoted to the rank of GunnerTravelingwithbuddy has been promoted to the rank of GunnerTravelingwithbuddy has been promoted to the rank of GunnerTravelingwithbuddy has been promoted to the rank of GunnerTravelingwithbuddy has been promoted to the rank of Gunner
I have the same problem. My brussel sprouts are very tiny, some bigger than others, but after looking on-line to see what "ready-to-pick" sprouts look like means I have a LONGGGGG way to go. See the picture I found online.
Attached Images

Old 06-08-2009, 05:23 AM
Registered Users-pm+

Well it looks as if I just have to give it more time. My green beans, zuc's,and tomato all pretty good. I had some fresh sprouts and I want more. Thanks for the replys.
Old 06-08-2009, 08:57 AM
Banned

rvj has been promoted to Piratervj has been promoted to Piratervj has been promoted to Piratervj has been promoted to Piratervj has been promoted to Piratervj has been promoted to Piratervj has been promoted to Piratervj has been promoted to Piratervj has been promoted to Piratervj has been promoted to Piratervj has been promoted to Pirate
Hey firedog, and travelingwithbuddy, Did you start your plants from seeds, or seedlings? Where did you purchase your sprout seeds or seedlings? Here is a link I found on how to grow sprouts. And here is one of the tips.

Prune leaves once the fruit begins to emerge, by snipping off the leaves at each nodule where a fruit sets on. This will force growth of the fruit. Be sure to leave plenty of leaves at the top of the plant. It needs these leaves to produce food and to continue growth.

http://www.ehow.com/how_4480777_grow...l-sprouts.html