Deer Stand Windows - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise  |   Follow:
Old 09-18-2007, 09:09 PM   #1
wiley199
Registered Users-pm+

wiley199 has been promoted to Piratewiley199 has been promoted to Piratewiley199 has been promoted to Piratewiley199 has been promoted to Piratewiley199 has been promoted to Piratewiley199 has been promoted to Piratewiley199 has been promoted to Piratewiley199 has been promoted to Piratewiley199 has been promoted to Piratewiley199 has been promoted to Piratewiley199 has been promoted to Pirate
Deer Stand Windows

Need some help, What do you use for your deer stand windows to slide, I need a track or something for the windows, thanks for your help
wiley199 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-18-2007, 09:13 PM   #2
br1006
Registered Users-pm+

br1006 has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)br1006 has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)br1006 has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)br1006 has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)br1006 has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)br1006 has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)br1006 has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)br1006 has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)br1006 has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)br1006 has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)br1006 has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)
I have bought windows and slides from the company that makes the blynd. I think it is called PFV mfg??? They are in SA so it was quick and easy for me. i have also framed up some glass and made my own for my nicer blinds in the past.
br1006 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-18-2007, 10:13 PM   #3
General CoolBro
I am haunted by still waters.

General CoolBro has been promoted to PirateGeneral CoolBro has been promoted to PirateGeneral CoolBro has been promoted to PirateGeneral CoolBro has been promoted to PirateGeneral CoolBro has been promoted to PirateGeneral CoolBro has been promoted to PirateGeneral CoolBro has been promoted to PirateGeneral CoolBro has been promoted to PirateGeneral CoolBro has been promoted to PirateGeneral CoolBro has been promoted to PirateGeneral CoolBro has been promoted to Pirate
Hahahahaha. Not laughing at you, but you will eventually realize I am laughing with you. YOU WILL HATE WINDOWS by the time you are through.

There a about 10 different ways to do slides. I ended up double paning mine with a hinged up weatherstipped lockdown inside. Then cut out wood frames for my plexiglass and made slide out of 2x2's with a 3/4" slot. Ended up having to make aluminum backing so that that would slide quietly. Also made aluminum drip ledges that the windows slide up under. Can hunt in any type of weather this way and dang sure don't get any wasps in there .

Good luck!

GCB
Attached Images

General CoolBro is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-18-2007, 10:17 PM   #4
mickey839
Registered Users-pm+

mickey839 has been promoted to the rank of Bosunmickey839 has been promoted to the rank of Bosunmickey839 has been promoted to the rank of Bosunmickey839 has been promoted to the rank of Bosunmickey839 has been promoted to the rank of Bosunmickey839 has been promoted to the rank of Bosunmickey839 has been promoted to the rank of Bosunmickey839 has been promoted to the rank of Bosunmickey839 has been promoted to the rank of Bosunmickey839 has been promoted to the rank of Bosunmickey839 has been promoted to the rank of Bosun
buy them at Dickinson Feed, they're already done!
mickey839 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-18-2007, 11:26 PM   #5
CHARLIE
Registered Users-pm+

CHARLIE has disabled reputation
My windows are framed with 2X2's inside the blind and on the window. Mine hinge to the outside and I raise them with 200# dacron. Had my fill of sliding windows. The window 2X2 fits tight inside of the frame 2X2 (when closed)and I just bore a 1/4 inch hole down through the window 2X2 into the frame 2X2 and drop a 1/4 inch bolt down in it to lock the window. Raise the window and everything is out of the way.

Charlie
CHARLIE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-18-2007, 11:33 PM   #6
TXPalerider
We all have it coming......

TXPalerider has been promoted to PirateTXPalerider has been promoted to PirateTXPalerider has been promoted to PirateTXPalerider has been promoted to PirateTXPalerider has been promoted to PirateTXPalerider has been promoted to PirateTXPalerider has been promoted to PirateTXPalerider has been promoted to PirateTXPalerider has been promoted to PirateTXPalerider has been promoted to PirateTXPalerider has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHARLIE
My windows are framed with 2X2's inside the blind and on the window. Mine hinge to the outside and I raise them with 200# dacron. Had my fill of sliding windows. The window 2X2 fits tight inside of the frame 2X2 (when closed)and I just bore a 1/4 inch hole down through the window 2X2 into the frame 2X2 and drop a 1/4 inch bolt down in it to lock the window. Raise the window and everything is out of the way.

Charlie
Amen. I don't do slides. They are open or closed.

Although, the occasional sliding plexiglass window during a stiff North wind never went unappreciated.
Old 09-19-2007, 06:45 AM   #7
scubaru
Team OMAB Prostaff

scubaru has been promoted to Piratescubaru has been promoted to Piratescubaru has been promoted to Piratescubaru has been promoted to Piratescubaru has been promoted to Piratescubaru has been promoted to Piratescubaru has been promoted to Piratescubaru has been promoted to Piratescubaru has been promoted to Piratescubaru has been promoted to Piratescubaru has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXPalerider
Amen. I don't do slides. They are open or closed.
2nd that.
scubaru is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-19-2007, 06:56 AM   #8
Outcast

Outcast has been promoted to PirateOutcast has been promoted to PirateOutcast has been promoted to PirateOutcast has been promoted to PirateOutcast has been promoted to PirateOutcast has been promoted to PirateOutcast has been promoted to PirateOutcast has been promoted to PirateOutcast has been promoted to PirateOutcast has been promoted to PirateOutcast has been promoted to Pirate
A buddy of mine had school bus windows in a blind I bought from him. They're ok except on the freezing drizzley mornings. Had to use my heater (I know I'm a wimp) to thaw them out enough to open them That's the biggest downfall to slides I guess. Google "deer stand windows" and you'll find some nice ones though. Good luck!
Old 09-19-2007, 07:23 AM   #9
BigBuck
Registered Users-pm+

BigBuck has been promoted to PirateBigBuck has been promoted to PirateBigBuck has been promoted to PirateBigBuck has been promoted to PirateBigBuck has been promoted to PirateBigBuck has been promoted to PirateBigBuck has been promoted to PirateBigBuck has been promoted to PirateBigBuck has been promoted to PirateBigBuck has been promoted to PirateBigBuck has been promoted to Pirate
Windows

I do mine a bit different. I like windows to keep out wasps and other unwanted pests. I use a 1/4" aluminum channel that you can get from Lowe's or Home Depot. I then use 1/4" plexiglass for windows. I drill holes in the bottom of the channel and nail it to the side frame. My windows go the entire width of the blind. You only need about 16" of the channel on each side, I use a wood stop for the bottom. The entire window then slides up and out of the way. I have been doing windows this way for many years, works for me. I use carpet on the upper part of the window to seal out bugs and make the operation more quiet.
BB
BigBuck is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-19-2007, 07:26 AM   #10
bubba joe
Registered Users-pm+

bubba joe is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)bubba joe is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)bubba joe is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)bubba joe is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)bubba joe is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)bubba joe is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)bubba joe is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)bubba joe is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)bubba joe is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)bubba joe is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)bubba joe is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
I tried the slides also and didn't care to much for them. I prefer to use a continuous hinge on the bottom so the window falls out of the way
Attached Images

bubba joe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message