Driving with your emergency flashers - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:

Go Back   2CoolFishing > TTMB

Notices

Old 08-22-2006, 11:16 PM
A,A&CSC,BR&TA

EGT Limited has been promoted to PirateEGT Limited has been promoted to PirateEGT Limited has been promoted to PirateEGT Limited has been promoted to PirateEGT Limited has been promoted to PirateEGT Limited has been promoted to PirateEGT Limited has been promoted to PirateEGT Limited has been promoted to PirateEGT Limited has been promoted to PirateEGT Limited has been promoted to PirateEGT Limited has been promoted to Pirate
Driving with your emergency flashers

Just came through the rain storm in Conroe/Woodlands and even as an "old Marine" I can't come up with enough 4 letters words for the drivers on I-45 driving w/ their flashers on! Come on people get your Heads out of your A$$E$ if you can't see then pull over, get of the road and stay there! Or learn how to drive in weather.

Sorry for the rant, but there are some really stupid people in this town!
Old 08-22-2006, 11:53 PM
Squirting Water

berto has been promoted to Pirateberto has been promoted to Pirateberto has been promoted to Pirateberto has been promoted to Pirateberto has been promoted to Pirateberto has been promoted to Pirateberto has been promoted to Pirateberto has been promoted to Pirateberto has been promoted to Pirateberto has been promoted to Pirateberto has been promoted to Pirate
well im glad you didnt see me.. When its raining hard i drive my my flashers on.. Its not that I cant see.. its that my tires arent real good in the rain... I would rather drive slow and let people know then do a couple 360s on the hwy.. And trust me I know how to drive.
Old 08-23-2006, 04:58 AM
Registered Users-pm+

steve_m has been promoted to the rank of Bosunsteve_m has been promoted to the rank of Bosunsteve_m has been promoted to the rank of Bosunsteve_m has been promoted to the rank of Bosunsteve_m has been promoted to the rank of Bosunsteve_m has been promoted to the rank of Bosunsteve_m has been promoted to the rank of Bosunsteve_m has been promoted to the rank of Bosunsteve_m has been promoted to the rank of Bosunsteve_m has been promoted to the rank of Bosunsteve_m has been promoted to the rank of Bosun
I always turn on the bed-light in my truck in heavy rain. Anything to increase my visibility from behind.
Many vehicles made for the overseas markets are fitted with a single 55W red tail light that can be swirched on whenever the visibility is bad: fog, snow, rain, etc.
Old 08-23-2006, 05:56 AM
"Wizards begin as blacksmiths"

Soapeddler has been promoted to PirateSoapeddler has been promoted to PirateSoapeddler has been promoted to PirateSoapeddler has been promoted to PirateSoapeddler has been promoted to PirateSoapeddler has been promoted to PirateSoapeddler has been promoted to PirateSoapeddler has been promoted to PirateSoapeddler has been promoted to PirateSoapeddler has been promoted to PirateSoapeddler has been promoted to Pirate
Rain? What's that?

High and dry in San Antonio.
Old 08-23-2006, 11:28 AM
Unruly Member

ZenDaddy has been promoted to PirateZenDaddy has been promoted to PirateZenDaddy has been promoted to PirateZenDaddy has been promoted to PirateZenDaddy has been promoted to PirateZenDaddy has been promoted to PirateZenDaddy has been promoted to PirateZenDaddy has been promoted to PirateZenDaddy has been promoted to PirateZenDaddy has been promoted to PirateZenDaddy has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by EGT Limited
Just came through the rain storm in Conroe/Woodlands and even as an "old Marine" I can't come up with enough 4 letters words for the drivers on I-45 driving w/ their flashers on! Come on people get your Heads out of your A$$E$ if you can't see then pull over, get of the road and stay there! Or learn how to drive in weather.

Sorry for the rant, but there are some really stupid people in this town!
EGT - pulled my head out of my ***** just long enough to double check the Texas Drivers Handbook.

Slowing down and the 4-ways has nothing to do with not seeing because of the rain. It has everything to do with the fact it takes longer to stop or slow down a car on a wet road.

Several pages in the TDH make reference to slowing down when the weather is inclemant. Here's one:

2. A Good Driver knows when he should slow down.

- Slow down when the road is wet (rain, snow, sleet). Many drivers find out too late what a little rain can do. Roads become slippery when wet, making your car harder to control. The only wise thing to do is slow down. Make sure you have complete control of the situation at all times.

So, why do people who do the correct thing and slow down in inclement weather feel the need to put their 4-way flashers on? Here's why I do it (again from the drivers handbook) -

Stay at least 2 seconds behind the vehicle ahead of you. In bad weather increase the time to at least 4 seconds. Watch the cars ahead of you. Be ready if one of them should stop suddenly.

It's been my experience that some people drive like it's a sunny day ... even in wet weather. They clearly don't understand how long it takes to stop a vehicle on a wet road. They come right up behind you - and don't understand that you have slowed down to take into consideration the inclemant weather - thus the 4 way flashers. If you should need to slow down further (or stop) to avoid a hazard (a stalled car, or a wreck) the wingnut behind you has no idea and will slam into the backside of your car. This is why multi-car wrecks have become so prevalent. Even with better tires and roads - people still insist on travelling without maintaining proper braking distance. (Notice I didn't say speed - it's not about how fast - but weather or not you can stop in time.)

Albeit, it does drive me crazy when I see folks in the right lane with their four ways on.
Old 08-23-2006, 11:32 AM
Capt of the spyglass Potlicker club!

waterspout has been promoted to Piratewaterspout has been promoted to Piratewaterspout has been promoted to Piratewaterspout has been promoted to Piratewaterspout has been promoted to Piratewaterspout has been promoted to Piratewaterspout has been promoted to Piratewaterspout has been promoted to Piratewaterspout has been promoted to Piratewaterspout has been promoted to Piratewaterspout has been promoted to Pirate
Sounds like some one should have left a few minutes ealier. LOL

Is that what you call road rage?
Old 08-23-2006, 11:55 AM
Registered Users-pm+

tufffish has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)tufffish has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)tufffish has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)tufffish has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)tufffish has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)tufffish has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)tufffish has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)tufffish has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)tufffish has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)tufffish has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)tufffish has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)
coon

abusing the emergency flashers like that leads to apathy when they are really important. they are to warn of an emergency. i don't think rain is an emergency. a wreck or someone working along side a roadway is a necessary reason for the emergency blinkers. so many people use them for every thing that a lot of people have quit even slowing down when they see them. they should be used in emergency situations to warn drivers of an emergency. i don't believe that anyone can find a definition of rain drops as an emergency. flooded road yes.
Old 08-23-2006, 12:00 PM
Registered Users-pm+

panamafish has been promoted to the rank of Privateerpanamafish has been promoted to the rank of Privateerpanamafish has been promoted to the rank of Privateerpanamafish has been promoted to the rank of Privateerpanamafish has been promoted to the rank of Privateerpanamafish has been promoted to the rank of Privateerpanamafish has been promoted to the rank of Privateerpanamafish has been promoted to the rank of Privateerpanamafish has been promoted to the rank of Privateerpanamafish has been promoted to the rank of Privateerpanamafish has been promoted to the rank of Privateer
well i have to disagree i usally dont drive with flashers during rain but anything to be seen is a good thing i belive and when i see someones flashers in the rain i tend to slow down so i belive it works
Old 08-23-2006, 12:06 PM
Registered Users-pm+

tufffish has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)tufffish has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)tufffish has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)tufffish has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)tufffish has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)tufffish has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)tufffish has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)tufffish has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)tufffish has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)tufffish has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)tufffish has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)
coon

if you notice the people driving very fast in the rain don't even slow down when the see you. i think you need to talk to some of these nuts and they have seen to many people that just turn on flashing lights to be seen so they pay no attention to them and then run into someone that is using them in REAL emergency. i worked along roadsides for 30 years and it just got worse all the time as more people think it is only some old driver that can't see and fly into a work zone or accident. i also believe that the only way to stop speeding is for the fine to be at least$5000 for a second offense of speeding over 10 miles an hour over the posted speed limit. the fines are minimal to what people make in salary today and it is just and inconvienience to them to pay it.

Last edited by tufffish; 08-23-2006 at 12:09 PM. Reason: add to
Old 08-23-2006, 12:08 PM
I don't member much.

Ryano has been promoted to the rank of  BuccaneerRyano has been promoted to the rank of  BuccaneerRyano has been promoted to the rank of  BuccaneerRyano has been promoted to the rank of  BuccaneerRyano has been promoted to the rank of  BuccaneerRyano has been promoted to the rank of  BuccaneerRyano has been promoted to the rank of  BuccaneerRyano has been promoted to the rank of  BuccaneerRyano has been promoted to the rank of  BuccaneerRyano has been promoted to the rank of  BuccaneerRyano has been promoted to the rank of  Buccaneer
If its raining hard enough for you to need to slow down and turn on your flashers, then get over in the right hand lane to avoid EGT and myself.