Tires for boat trailors - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:

Go Back   2CoolFishing > General Interest Forums > Boating Forum

Old 08-16-2007, 04:16 PM   #1
tj-atwood
Registered Users-pm+

tj-atwood is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)tj-atwood is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)tj-atwood is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)tj-atwood is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)tj-atwood is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)tj-atwood is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)tj-atwood is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)tj-atwood is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)tj-atwood is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)tj-atwood is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)tj-atwood is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
Tires for boat trailors

I have been having problems with tires not lasting on my trailor. Have been told that 6 ply tires are the way to go for boat trailors. Anything to that? Whats the best tires to use?
tj-atwood is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-16-2007, 04:20 PM   #2
spotsndots
88 Ag

spotsndots has been promoted to Piratespotsndots has been promoted to Piratespotsndots has been promoted to Piratespotsndots has been promoted to Piratespotsndots has been promoted to Piratespotsndots has been promoted to Piratespotsndots has been promoted to Piratespotsndots has been promoted to Piratespotsndots has been promoted to Piratespotsndots has been promoted to Piratespotsndots has been promoted to Pirate
This subject has been discussed a couple of times and it seems as though the overwhelming majority recommended using Carlisle tires. I know Discount tire sells them because that's what we have on our trailer. My bro' is in the landscaping business and that's all he will use.
spotsndots is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-16-2007, 04:32 PM   #3
JDF Turtle
Just turtle

JDF Turtle has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerJDF Turtle has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerJDF Turtle has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerJDF Turtle has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerJDF Turtle has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerJDF Turtle has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerJDF Turtle has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerJDF Turtle has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerJDF Turtle has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerJDF Turtle has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerJDF Turtle has been promoted to the rank of Privateer
Goodyear Marathons
JDF Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-16-2007, 04:44 PM   #4
Supergas

Supergas has been promoted to PirateSupergas has been promoted to PirateSupergas has been promoted to PirateSupergas has been promoted to PirateSupergas has been promoted to PirateSupergas has been promoted to PirateSupergas has been promoted to PirateSupergas has been promoted to PirateSupergas has been promoted to PirateSupergas has been promoted to PirateSupergas has been promoted to Pirate
Unhappy Made Where ?????????

Goodyear Marathon - Hecho in China

Just bought 4 & was somewhat shocked & a little disappointed when I read the sidewall & saw that....

The Carlisle tires had a problem a while back, but they have corrected that & make a pretty good trailer tire. That is all I use on the carts I customize for offroad... BTW, Goodyear also has had blowout problems in the past....

Just buy the warranty... & carry a spare...

Supergas
Supergas is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-16-2007, 06:56 PM   #5
ascalise
Registered Users-pm+

ascalise has been promote to Gunnerascalise has been promote to Gunnerascalise has been promote to Gunnerascalise has been promote to Gunnerascalise has been promote to Gunnerascalise has been promote to Gunnerascalise has been promote to Gunnerascalise has been promote to Gunnerascalise has been promote to Gunnerascalise has been promote to Gunnerascalise has been promote to Gunner
I bought a brand new trailer that came with carlisle tires for my skout late december and had one tire go flat on my 2nd trip. This past weekend the other tire blew off all of the tread. I'd stay as far away from carlisles as possible. From what i've read online the goodyear marathons are the way to go. Even the computer at Discount tires says that they are rated higher than the carlisles.
ascalise is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-16-2007, 07:15 PM   #6
arius felis
Registered Users-pm+

arius felis is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)arius felis is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)arius felis is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)arius felis is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)arius felis is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)arius felis is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)arius felis is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)arius felis is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
the goodyear dealer off of everhart took care of me real well when i was in a bind ask for robert 361 855 5311 real nice folks
arius felis is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-16-2007, 07:59 PM   #7
rtoler
Registered Users-pm+

rtoler has been promoted to the rank of Swabbiertoler has been promoted to the rank of Swabbiertoler has been promoted to the rank of Swabbiertoler has been promoted to the rank of Swabbiertoler has been promoted to the rank of Swabbiertoler has been promoted to the rank of Swabbiertoler has been promoted to the rank of Swabbiertoler has been promoted to the rank of Swabbiertoler has been promoted to the rank of Swabbiertoler has been promoted to the rank of Swabbiertoler has been promoted to the rank of Swabbie
The six ply seems to hold better to me....... And, carry a spare with the wrenchs and jack to do the job. I finally got a spare for my rig and had a flat two weeks later. Took me 15 minutes to change the flat and back on the road. Talking about lucky to have a spare......
rtoler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-16-2007, 08:11 PM   #8
Fishspanker
Purveyor of Worthless Knowledge

Fishspanker is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)Fishspanker is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)Fishspanker is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)Fishspanker is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)Fishspanker is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)Fishspanker is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)Fishspanker is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)Fishspanker is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)Fishspanker is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)Fishspanker is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)Fishspanker is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
Goodyear Marathons. They wear alot more even on my trailer. A little more pricey but worth it.
Fishspanker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-16-2007, 08:22 PM   #9
arius felis
Registered Users-pm+

arius felis is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)arius felis is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)arius felis is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)arius felis is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)arius felis is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)arius felis is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)arius felis is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)arius felis is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
your looking around 90 buck new for my tire that was the pirce but my tire had a warranty issue but a great tire talk to robert and maybe he can cut you a deal his the man trust me
arius felis is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-16-2007, 08:56 PM   #10
bobber
Registered Users-pm+

bobber has been promoted to Piratebobber has been promoted to Piratebobber has been promoted to Piratebobber has been promoted to Piratebobber has been promoted to Piratebobber has been promoted to Piratebobber has been promoted to Piratebobber has been promoted to Piratebobber has been promoted to Piratebobber has been promoted to Piratebobber has been promoted to Pirate
Hate to be different, but I buy Greenball Roadmaster tires at Discount Tire for about 100 bucks installed with road warranty. I make several 1500 mile trips a year with my single axle AL trailer, 18' boat, and run down to Galveston 180 miles round trip about every other week. Never had a problem, keep them at maximum 50 psi cold, and check it often. I buy a new set every other year for safety, not wear.
bobber is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message