Texas Lobster??? - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Old 05-16-2005, 10:42 PM
Just one more cast...

Bird has been promoted to PirateBird has been promoted to PirateBird has been promoted to PirateBird has been promoted to PirateBird has been promoted to PirateBird has been promoted to PirateBird has been promoted to PirateBird has been promoted to PirateBird has been promoted to PirateBird has been promoted to PirateBird has been promoted to Pirate
Texas Lobster???

We were out of Galveston about 40 miles due south on a 'secret' rock pulling red snaps from the water (80' ish) Sunday and they were all FAT. When I put the knife to them at the house, they were all stuffed with baby lobster. Have ya'll pulled any spiny bugs from the Texas Gulf? I haven't been down to look on that rock or much any other structure (none of my fishing buddies dive) but that sure seems like a reason for me to go down there and find out what's going on. I haven't ever heard of divers going after lobster in the Texas Gulf but they are there according to the red snapper now in my freezer. Anyone know?

Have Fountain 29cc will travel and travel fast...

Bird
Old 05-17-2005, 12:06 AM
Banned

panamajack99 is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)panamajack99 is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)panamajack99 is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)panamajack99 is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)panamajack99 is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)panamajack99 is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)panamajack99 is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
Are you talking about the shovel nose lobster, without claws? They are in the gulf.
Old 05-17-2005, 12:13 AM
Registered Users-pm+

speckle-catcher has been promoted to Piratespeckle-catcher has been promoted to Piratespeckle-catcher has been promoted to Piratespeckle-catcher has been promoted to Piratespeckle-catcher has been promoted to Piratespeckle-catcher has been promoted to Piratespeckle-catcher has been promoted to Piratespeckle-catcher has been promoted to Piratespeckle-catcher has been promoted to Piratespeckle-catcher has been promoted to Piratespeckle-catcher has been promoted to Pirate
I've seen tons of them on Stetson Rock (of course it's a no take zone) and one some of the deeper rigs.
Old 05-17-2005, 12:25 AM
Registered Users-pm+

Santiago is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
Two years ago I saw one come off a shrimp boat that was taken in the Texas city ship channel in december!
Old 05-17-2005, 08:02 AM
Reel Gambler

Captn C has been promoted to PirateCaptn C has been promoted to PirateCaptn C has been promoted to PirateCaptn C has been promoted to PirateCaptn C has been promoted to PirateCaptn C has been promoted to PirateCaptn C has been promoted to PirateCaptn C has been promoted to PirateCaptn C has been promoted to PirateCaptn C has been promoted to PirateCaptn C has been promoted to Pirate
Did they look like this?
Attached Images

Old 05-17-2005, 08:05 AM
Registered Users-pm+

No, I know what a sea lice (mantis shrimp) looks like
Old 05-17-2005, 10:54 AM
Reel Gambler

Captn C has been promoted to PirateCaptn C has been promoted to PirateCaptn C has been promoted to PirateCaptn C has been promoted to PirateCaptn C has been promoted to PirateCaptn C has been promoted to PirateCaptn C has been promoted to PirateCaptn C has been promoted to PirateCaptn C has been promoted to PirateCaptn C has been promoted to PirateCaptn C has been promoted to Pirate
That picture was really for Bird's post.

Which Lobster was it ?

I've heard of a few Spiny Lob's around the Flower Gardens, but I would think these might not be Spiny's because they were all small.....makes them sound like a small relative though.
Old 05-17-2005, 05:37 PM
Just one more cast...

Bird has been promoted to PirateBird has been promoted to PirateBird has been promoted to PirateBird has been promoted to PirateBird has been promoted to PirateBird has been promoted to PirateBird has been promoted to PirateBird has been promoted to PirateBird has been promoted to PirateBird has been promoted to PirateBird has been promoted to Pirate
Spineyes Doh! Time to get out the field guide...

CapnC, you are right. I guess I was getting excited, visions of when I used to live in Hawaii. D@m the luck, only mantis shrimp. I usually fish with a marine biologist but he's off doing turtle research so no brains on the boat.
Old 05-18-2005, 02:24 AM
Registered Users-pm+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bird
CapnC, you are right. I guess I was getting excited, visions of when I used to live in Hawaii. D@m the luck, only mantis shrimp. I usually fish with a marine biologist but he's off doing turtle research so no brains on the boat.
Nah, how were you supposed to know? It's not like sea lice are normally seen anyway. The bays are full of them, especially in winter and in cold weather it really hurts when they stick you. So your snapper were filled with them huh? That;s interesting. Next time you go if you want to try some for bait PM me and I'll see if I can get you some.
Old 06-01-2005, 04:54 PM
Registered Users-pm+

Marsh Monkey is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)Marsh Monkey is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)Marsh Monkey is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)Marsh Monkey is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)Marsh Monkey is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)Marsh Monkey is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)Marsh Monkey is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)Marsh Monkey is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)Marsh Monkey is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)Marsh Monkey is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)Marsh Monkey is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
Bird,

The lobsters are out there. I'm not sure if they are called shovelnose or spiny but they dont have claws. They get pretty durn big. They camoflage themselves very well. We will take one or so every now and then off of a rig. We have noticed that they can get wiped out off a rig real quick if word gets out. If you find any only take a few and don't advertise.