How can I raise my trim manually? - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:

Go Back   2CoolFishing > General Interest Forums > Boating Forum

Old 07-25-2005, 02:15 PM
Registered Users-pm+

MyBoatsDead is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
How can I raise my trim manually?

My electrical system got fried... 2001 Four Winns Horizon w/280 HP volvo penta 5.7EFI....

I need to raise the trim, so I can remove the boat from the water and take it to the shop... I have no power due to fried wiring.

is there any way I can raise the trim?

thanks if you can help
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-25-2005, 02:30 PM
Registered Users-pm+

TooShallow has been promoted to PirateTooShallow has been promoted to PirateTooShallow has been promoted to PirateTooShallow has been promoted to PirateTooShallow has been promoted to PirateTooShallow has been promoted to PirateTooShallow has been promoted to PirateTooShallow has been promoted to PirateTooShallow has been promoted to PirateTooShallow has been promoted to PirateTooShallow has been promoted to Pirate
There should be a release screw/valve for the hydraulic system. Usually it's on the unit/pump. You will need to open this valve and then manually lift the motor and tie it up with some rope. If you get it up pretty high you may be able to close the valve and the lower unit may stay up if there is enough pressure left in the system. I am not an expert in this but I have had to lower a unit when a fuse popped in the trim/tilt up position. The only way to get it down was to open that valve.
Old 07-25-2005, 11:19 PM

Redfishr has been promoted to PirateRedfishr has been promoted to PirateRedfishr has been promoted to PirateRedfishr has been promoted to PirateRedfishr has been promoted to PirateRedfishr has been promoted to PirateRedfishr has been promoted to PirateRedfishr has been promoted to PirateRedfishr has been promoted to PirateRedfishr has been promoted to PirateRedfishr has been promoted to Pirate
Yea I think you can do it either way , loosen the valve and jack up the motor then tighten the valve back. It should stay up on its own.
But release the Jack slowly just in case.