polly wad - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:

Go Back   2CoolFishing > Fresh water forums > The Catfish Lounge

Old 06-20-2007, 09:15 AM
Stop Global Whining

mudhog has been promoted to the rank of Privateermudhog has been promoted to the rank of Privateermudhog has been promoted to the rank of Privateermudhog has been promoted to the rank of Privateermudhog has been promoted to the rank of Privateermudhog has been promoted to the rank of Privateermudhog has been promoted to the rank of Privateermudhog has been promoted to the rank of Privateermudhog has been promoted to the rank of Privateermudhog has been promoted to the rank of Privateermudhog has been promoted to the rank of Privateer
polly wad

My kids caught some fish in a pond that a oldtimer called a polly wad
looked like a catfish to me. I didn't see them in person just a picture, but has anybody heard of polly wad? he said they were not good to eat. When I did a search on the net I got tadpoles.
Old 06-20-2007, 12:08 PM
Registered Users-pm+

BIGBADJOHN49 is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
Hey Mudhog, my Dad always called Mudcats pollywads. Mudcats are slimy bait stealing freshwater Hardheads. They have a rounded tail instead of a "V" shaped catfish tail. Usually dark backed with a yellow rounded belly. I have cooked them but they had a "muddy" taste. Now they just get added to the turtle traps.
Old 06-20-2007, 02:52 PM
Registered Users-pm+

Salty Dog has been promoted to PirateSalty Dog has been promoted to PirateSalty Dog has been promoted to PirateSalty Dog has been promoted to PirateSalty Dog has been promoted to PirateSalty Dog has been promoted to PirateSalty Dog has been promoted to PirateSalty Dog has been promoted to PirateSalty Dog has been promoted to PirateSalty Dog has been promoted to PirateSalty Dog has been promoted to Pirate
We always said it polliwog. It's a bullhead catfish.
Old 06-20-2007, 03:59 PM
Stop Global Whining

mudhog has been promoted to the rank of Privateermudhog has been promoted to the rank of Privateermudhog has been promoted to the rank of Privateermudhog has been promoted to the rank of Privateermudhog has been promoted to the rank of Privateermudhog has been promoted to the rank of Privateermudhog has been promoted to the rank of Privateermudhog has been promoted to the rank of Privateermudhog has been promoted to the rank of Privateermudhog has been promoted to the rank of Privateermudhog has been promoted to the rank of Privateer
thanks you described them to a T they were dark with a yellow/orange belly, didn't see what the tail looked like though but he called them polliewog oh whatever how its spelled, I heard the term before but never really knew what they were.
Old 06-20-2007, 05:12 PM
Registered Users-pm+

Bozo has been promoted to PirateBozo has been promoted to PirateBozo has been promoted to PirateBozo has been promoted to PirateBozo has been promoted to PirateBozo has been promoted to PirateBozo has been promoted to PirateBozo has been promoted to PirateBozo has been promoted to PirateBozo has been promoted to PirateBozo has been promoted to Pirate
The bullhead got the nickname pollywog becuase of they are colored and shaped like a pollywog (bullfrog tadpole).
Old 06-21-2007, 05:19 AM
Registered Users-pm+

kim e cooper has been promoted to Piratekim e cooper has been promoted to Piratekim e cooper has been promoted to Piratekim e cooper has been promoted to Piratekim e cooper has been promoted to Piratekim e cooper has been promoted to Piratekim e cooper has been promoted to Piratekim e cooper has been promoted to Piratekim e cooper has been promoted to Piratekim e cooper has been promoted to Piratekim e cooper has been promoted to Pirate
Mudcat