2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

Oscar Wyatt Arrested ??

2K views 18 replies 12 participants last post by  tgodiver 
#1 ·
Fox News just reported that Wyatt was arrested by US Marshalls in connection with the Iraq Oil for Food scandal.

?????????????????????????

D2

#4 ·
Food for Oil was/is sanctions aginst Iraq attempting at stopping the sell of their oil supply ...

john

#7 ·
He's my first cousin. His mother, Aunt Eva, was my dad's sister who passed away about a year ago. He didn't have much to do with our part of the family. Last time I saw him was in 1966 when he visitied my Dad who at the time was dying of cancer. He took Dad down to his ranch in South Texas and let him have the opportunity to kill a buck of a lifetime. That I really appreciated. Like you said, he was (is) a real piece of work.

#9 ·
stew1tx said:
BTW, what is wrong with advertising against your competitor?
So far, its just a "report".......but its not about advertising. If the allegations are true, he is guilty of circumventing the law in favor of enriching himself and the enemies of the USA and endangering the lives of Americans and others. I would guess that is called "treason" and punishable by ________ .(lights out)

A former CLOSE employee of his who I know very well just told me that he wasn't even a LITTLE bit surprised. He said that O.W. has a picture of himself and Saddam autographed by Saddam hanging in his office......whatever that might mean.

#13 ·
Of which King Hussein are you speaking?QUOTE=fridayfisher]Speaking of Pics . Yall would be amazed at the pictures I saw of Houstons former premier BBaller with King Hussien wearing a turban and holding a machine gun. This was no hoax or artshop photo. 8x10 glossy and clear as day.[/QUOTE]

#15 ·
Sow Trout said:
The UN stopped Iraq from selling oil except a limited amount that could be sold for humanitarian reasons. I.E. to purchase food and medicine for the Iraqui people. Saddam didn't let the people benefit, but he did by receiving graft from the oil sales.
Not only did Sadaam receive graft monies, but much of those illicit proceeds bought (and is possibly still buying) arms used to kill American GI's and there is absolutely no way to justify that. I really haven't read enough to have an opinion on Wyatt, but I have absolutely no use for anyone who was involved in any way with the abuses of the UN oil for food program. As far as I'm concerned, it they are American they are traitors, and if they are foreign they are enemies. There is no punishment too severe for any of them, including Annan, his son or any other UN people involved.

#16 ·
he deserves what he gets

Oscar deserves everything coming to him. He has long advocated against the sanctions of Iraq. He has a picture in his office of him and Saddam shaking hands in a good buddy kind of way. He is one of the most bitter man, I've ever seen. People said that one day, he is going to die alone with that stupid german sherperd of his. He would also bring that dog to the office and before, he would just let it roam around the building from floor to floor. His wife has a boyfriend and his spoil ***** as well.

You would think that a guy as rich as him, would be nicer, but NOT him.

#17 ·
I will not disagree with you to much tgodiver, but you sure sound bitter. I Have certainly seen him in action. I had another job at night while working for him and I was not afraid of him. I found that anyone who stood up to him he respected and left them alone. If you were too craw-dead on him or lie, he would eat you alive. I have a lot of stories about him. He once asked me if I would like to be as rich as he was. I said yes and he said "young punk, if you want to be rich like me you have to lie, cheat and steal". That statement has stuck with me ever since. Flying across the big pond for about nine hours one day and he being by himself he gets board and wants to talk. I asked him how he made his money. I do not think his story is a secret but he did not sit on his hands. He was in World War II, and when he came home I guess you can say he lied, cheated and stole. I have seen him do some good things, but yes he is stuck on himself. My ex was killed in an accident and one of the most difficult things to do is explain to our daughter why bad things happen to good people and who we think is bad will live a long and prosperous life.

I have one quick story; we were flying to Detroit and an executive who I assumed just got promoted wanted his permission to put that he was some kind of supreme allied commander on his business card. He kept pestering Wyatt almost the whole trip about it. At the end of the trip Wyatt finally answered him in the way that he likes to do in front of every one, he said to the executive "you can put that you are the chairman of the board if you want, but you will still bring me my coffee"

J.D.

#18 ·
not bitter

No, I'm not bitter. I have a beautiful wife and family and an decent paying job. I like money as much as the next guy, but I don't believe in lying, cheating, and stealing for it. I'm sure I could have more money than I do now if I did these things, but you would have to live with that yourself.

Money is important but not as important as having someone that truly loves you to share it with.

#19 ·
Ocar's slogan

He has a sign on his office that reads:

I'm not trying to win a popularity contest, I'm trying to win a profitability contest.

I heard that even the lawyers at the office are imtimdated by him. He would go up the the officers and bluntly said What have you done to make me money today?

So, I guess we know where his goals are at.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.