2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

Pork skins / Cracklins

5K views 17 replies 15 participants last post by  Bill Fisher 
#1 ·
I'm looking for some old school crackins/pork skins, whatever your term is, anywhere around Richmond/Rosenberg.

Mass produced "Lance's" etc. just dont do it.

I want some jaw breaking pork fat goodness from some hole in the wall producer.

Kelly

#2 ·
Not hole in the wall producer but try Kroger's/Randall's/Brookshire Bros. They all sell a couple of brands that come in a yellow styrofoam boat (like meat) and they have clear wrap on them. They aren't half bad considering they come from a g-store. I bought some at Fiesta Saturday that dang near cracked my teeth.

The ones I am suggesting are nothing like the Lances/Baco-net junk.

#4 ·
StinkBait said:
Not hole in the wall producer but try Kroger's/Randall's/Brookshire Bros. They all sell a couple of brands that come in a yellow styrofoam boat (like meat) and they have clear wrap on them. They aren't half bad considering they come from a g-store. I bought some at Fiesta Saturday that dang near cracked my teeth.

The ones I am suggesting are nothing like the Lances/Baco-net junk.
Ahh, I have seen those. I'll give a look see.

Didnt think about Fiesta, they have a lot of foods not normally found at other chains.

Kelly

#6 ·
kdubya said:
Ahh, I have seen those. I'll give a look see.

Didnt think about Fiesta, they have a lot of foods not normally found at other chains.

Kelly
At Kroger's they are sometimes in the cooler near the breakfast meats, salsa's etc. and sometimes they are out in the open, like on the side of an end camp somewhere near the meat market. At Brookshire Bros they were with the tortillas

#14 ·
Tate said:
Ding, ding, ding! We have a winner! Every mexican market with a meat counter has them around here. Cheap, freshly fried and plenty tough.
I will try Michoacana here in town as well. I appreciate the tips. I've had a craving for them lately.

Kelly

#15 ·
I wonder who the first person was that looked at a pile of pig skin and thought to himself, "I think i'll fry that up and dump a bunch of seasoning on it and call it a snack"
Nothin' like a little Tony C's to make the disgusting not only edible, but tasty to boot!

BT

#16 ·
I have a good buddy in Alabama that sends me 25 pounds already seasoned every year at Christmas. I gave a few pounds to my brother in law this past new years. I happen to talk to him a few days later and he says "that was the toughest pork rins' I've ever had."

I asked him if he cooked it.

You gotta cook it? he asked.

**** t-sip cooked the rest and loves it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.