2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

BIGGEST GUN STORE in Houston?

10K views 45 replies 35 participants last post by  Bily Lovec 
#1 ·
Who has the biggest gun shop in the Houston area and if they have a range? Thanks.

#9 ·
X2 on not going to Bailey's. The store is a joke. Very disappointing. Not sure what you are looking to buy but The Arms Room in League City is pretty nice, a little high but better than most of the superstore. I havent been to the new Tactical Firearms in Katy yet tho. Maybe worth a trip.

#14 ·
I"m surprised nobody has mentioned The Arms Room in League City, TX.
They have a nice indoor range and a great selection of guns from what I've seen. I've never been in there and asked about a gun that they didn't have in stock to show me.

#17 ·
Correct...and bring a LARGE checkbook...
Have a few hours to spare if you're going into Collectors to browse...it's a candy store for users and collectors.

They have some high end firearms but I've always been happy with the deals that I've made there; price was either equal to or less than the other gun shops that I shop.

TH

#20 ·
I have never been treated bad at Bailey's and shoot there a few times a year. They have been in business since I was a kid so they are doing something right. As a gunshop, they seem to cater more to LEO's than the general public.

#25 ·
Lets see, i was snorted at when i asked to look at a gun, and asked if i was just kicking tires or actually going to bother buying anything. Too dark to see much in the shop anyway. Then, on the range i was told i couldnt shoot my handgun at ranges closer than 25 yards. Oh, and i couldnt shoot my shotgun from the same lane as my pistol. Laid my shotgun down and the RO started fingering it. Dont touch my junk, bro.

Oh and as for suggestion: arms room is quite nice. Treated very well there. Took my son there for his first shooting experience over Christmas.

#26 ·
They must have figured you were a punk or something...LOL

Seriously, I have shot there probably 100 times and never witnessed anything like that unless there was a problem on the range with an idiot. I have met you before and I just don't get it??? Maybe just a bad day.

#29 ·
I grew up shooting and buying guns from Bailey's. Never had a problem actually quite the opposite they have always been very helpful. I imagine they have to be strict on their range rules for liability reasons but I have always used common since with gun safety and never had a problem. Its a family business and the have been there a long time they must be doing something right. My first very own deer rifle my dad bought me almost 40 years ago was bought and zeroed in there and many more since.

#30 ·
Their range rules were unlike any I've ever seen anywhere else. Maybe they just cater to people sighting in deer rifles. I was treated like I just wanted to shoot the place up by the RO.

When it comes to range safety I'm pretty anal. I don't tolerate any monkey business, nor do I act like a "punk", especially around firearms.

#31 ·
The shotgun range is on the end of the rifle range and their tactical range for the closer distances is to the right of the 25 yrd pistol range. Just have to let them know what you want to do_Once they get to know you and see you know what your doing I'm sure your experience would be more enjoyable. Just have to realize they are going to have some idiots show up and have to be on guard for safety and liability.

#33 ·
lots of opinions out there on this one obviously. OP, what are you looking to do? are you looking for a place to go buy a gun, walk to the range, and rip some rounds? are you just looking for a good deal on a new gun? are you just looking to shoot? Depending on what you are looking for, my answers would be these...

walk in + purchase + rip rounds = carter's on treschwig (sp?)
just looking to buy a new gun at a good price = champion firearms in college station (i know it's not in houston, but worth the drive every time)
just a place to rip off some rounds = american shooting center

#35 ·
lots of opinions out there on this one obviously. OP, what are you looking to do? are you looking for a place to go buy a gun, walk to the range, and rip some rounds? are you just looking for a good deal on a new gun? are you just looking to shoot? Depending on what you are looking for, my answers would be these...

walk in + purchase + rip rounds = carter's on treschwig (sp?)
just looking to buy a new gun at a good price = champion firearms in college station (i know it's not in houston, but worth the drive every time)
just a place to rip off some rounds = american shooting center
Champion Firearms does have good prices and service. That's where I bought all my new guns when I lived in College Station. Most Houston gun shops are overpriced for some reason. I buy a lot of guns through Gunbroker, Budsgunshop.com or message boards for that reason and use an FFL dealer who only charges $20-25 for the transfer. If you are looking for a new gun you can always fondle it at the local shop and buy online. When I do that I usually buy a box of ammo or some gun cleaning supplies as way to make for them taking their time to show it to me.

#34 ·
Gander Mountain on 45 at Cypresswood has a new indoor pistol range that is pretty nice. Similar to the one at Top Gun for those that have been. I have only been given the tour, but if I remember right, it is a 20 or 25 yard range.

Pretty good selection of firearms as well, but I cannot say if their pricing is better than anyone else.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.