2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

Nautic Star Owners

10K views 16 replies 9 participants last post by  2 b or not to b 
#1 ·
Hey 2coolers

I have been researching hard on which boat i want here in the next year. I know pretty much all the great brands and the pros/cons for most but I have no clue about nautic star. I really like the layout and abilities of the 2110 special edition. I am looking for one with a good amount of seating, 2 livewells, and rides dry. I don't necessarily need something to get me in 6 inches of water as I prefer to drift or anchor out. My question is, how well do their boats hold up here on the TX coast and are they as family friendly as they look?

Any pros/cons you can offer is appreciated. Thanks

#2 ·
I looked at many brands but N.S. layout fit me to a t. Only had it since last June. No regrets, well maybe one..kinda think i should of priced 300hp. O well. Anyhow i think they are well made n not a one issue as of yet. I have the 24 n i know its not the u r looking at but man it is one sweeeeet ride. Life time warranty. Well made. Great layout. Nice extras ..sooooo yes i would not hesitate to recommend N.S. boats.

#16 ·
I looked at many brands but N.S. layout fit me to a t. Only had it since last June. No regrets, well maybe one..kinda think i should of priced 300hp. O well. Anyhow i think they are well made n not a one issue as of yet. I have the 24 n i know its not the u r looking at but man it is one sweeeeet ride. Life time warranty. Well made. Great layout. Nice extras ..sooooo yes i would not hesitate to recommend N.S. boats.
out of the liner boats I like the NS 2400 te's layout the best.

#3 ·
I recommend taking demo rides after making a short-list. The Nautic Star speaks for itself. Honestly, there are several great boats on the market, but they are all "compromises" of sorts. It is a huge investment and you are doing the right thing by gathering as much information as possible. We would be happy to set up a demo. You can call me at 361-729-9695 or e-mail me at captainpescador@aol.com.
Capt. Chip

#4 ·
I've got a 2009 NS 2110 and also a young daughter. The boat is as family friendly as any liner center console bay boat will be. I didn't find the leaning post very child friendly while running, so I replaced mine with seats. I'm not comfortable with her riding in one of the rear jump seats because I can't see her, and she doesn't like sitting alone on the console livewell seat. Something to think about...

When I was shopping, I thought the NS was well built and an overall good value for the money compared to some of the bigger names. I would have preferred the wider beam and features of the 2200, but budget and storage space were limited so the 2110 was the one for me.

#5 ·
Chevy? Ford? Dodge? OR "Whatever I have or sell is best".
I have 4 really good friends that have really nice boats that I've fished.

Buddy 1 owns a 22' Pathfinder w/200 Yammie...love it
Buddy 2 owns a 22' Blue Wave w/150 Yammie...love it
Buddy 3 owns a 21' Bay Stealth w/175 ...love it
Buddy 4 owns a 21' Shallow Sport w/200?...love it
I own a 19' NauticStar w/150 Yammie...LOVE IT MORE!!!
Why?
Finish, ride, and dryness is as good as the others, BUT, it fits my family needs, fishing style, and most of all ...PRICE!!!

#6 ·
Hey 2400tman, I bought my 2400te last July and love it. I also dream about the 300 but if I had that then I would want a 350.The 250 is plenty for me. I think you get about 4 to 5 more mph out of the 300 and more tourqe but gas at close to $4.00 who can afford to run at 57 to 58 mph. The 300 is like the girl that got away. Let go of it...lol

#17 ·
N.s.190

I own the 190 with a Yammie as well. Have had mine two years now and fish here along the Freeport coastal area. My general areas I run are around Christmas and San Luis and thus far have had not one issue or problem out of mine. It runs as shallow as you will possibly need and it is indeed family friendly. I have gotten nothing but compliments on the looks of mine as it still looks like the day I picked it up from the dealer. If the boat fits buy it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.