2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

Underwater Oil Rig Cam

807K views 102 replies 57 participants last post by  PortHoleDiver 
#1 ·
Someone posted this on the TTMB, thought it was cool to share here. Kinda addicting to watch. Ive seen Jack Cravelle, Ling, Grouper, and Sharks, plus all the other reef fish, since yesterday. Its rough out there

http://www.save-the-blue.org/live-video/

#4 ·
underwater cameras

Hey Hotrod,
The Save The Blue initiative is our best bet to get anything accomplished as far as stopping the removal of the rigs. The people behind this are very savvy regarding oilfield matters, and have the backing to actually pull this thing off.

One thing that the enviros do to garner support is to show the wildlife affected by man's actions, such as an oiled bird, or dead turtle. Mr. Hoffman and Co. are in the process of creating an IMAX movie showing the incredible habitats that the oil platforms have produced. This is EXACTLY what is needed to get the word out about what the feds are doing to our fishery when they allow the rigs not only to be removed, but dynamited.

It's one thing to describe something, and quite another to see it in technicolor on the BIG screen.

Every offshore fisherman should give their support to this initiative.

Capt. Thomas J. Hilton

#14 · (Edited)
Hey Hotrod,
The Save The Blue initiative is our best bet to get anything accomplished as far as stopping the removal of the rigs.

It's one thing to describe something, and quite another to see it in technicolor on the BIG screen.

Every offshore fisherman should give their support to this initiative.

Capt. Thomas J. Hilton
no kidding Capt...I've been on-board for a while now...

here's one of a few underwaters I snapped a couple weeks back....not exactly the nasty, polluting industry it is made out to be in Washington, now is it? those rigs are AWESOME habitat....
snookered

#10 ·
I could not stop watching!.....a barracuda came by,put it's face in the cam and showded off it's teeth ..what would swim by next,what else was there?...did learn a lot of new things about what these critters do down there..........lots of jacks and chubs.....didnt notice any snappers?...... I am in full agreement... a vidio is needed showing a rig being blown(or just being removed for that matter) and this wonderful habitat vanishing..... dl

#13 ·
Rough as a cob out there, I never saw fish get tossed around like that at 33 foot depths. I never dove in seas worse than 5 feet, probably. No snapper, they must be on the bottom. Chubs are feeding in the light at night, but its too bright when they're close, and they turn white. They should put a camera where the snappers are...

#15 ·
Definition of government mis-management and insanity........industry spent Million$ to put there to make money of coarse and get taxed,provide energy and jobs ......a free to the American people by product is this wonderful habitat for marine life where none existed before .....then after the oil is harvested 100's of thousands $ to remove /destroy...clean sweep ...habitat annialation all cause the Dept of the Interior says so from 1945 and won't step up and take liability to keep in place ??? only in the United States can this happen....

#16 ·
HOTROD, Can you please refrain from posting these things on this site. I spend enough time surfing on 2cool as it is, now I am in fear I may lose my job because I won't turn this dam feed off and get back to work... Atleast I'll have more time to fish during the week If I do get canned..

#25 ·
Has anyone been able to figure out if there is a way to make this streaming video your wallpaper? I spent a little while trying to figure this out, but had no success. I think it would be great to have this live video feed in the background while was working.

#37 ·
The website has a demo video that says South Timbalier block 185 on it. I do not know if this is the same rig in the live feed since my work computer doesn't allow me to open the live feed. I found the GOM Oilfield map I have on google, see link below. South Timbalier is the block beneath Fourchon. Block 185 is about 40 miles south of Fourchon. If you keep going down towards the bottom of the map you will find Walker Ridge. I am working in the Petrobras Cascade Chinook field right now. It is a long way out!

http://www.offshore-mag.com/etc/med...sters.Par.78489.File.dat/1101GulfofMexMap.pdf

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.